Divisional Round Games

Roberto71

Reaction score
Fascinating battle ahead in Arrowhead. Very hard to call. I would say the Bills are the better, in-form team at the moment, but playing at home is huge for the Chiefs so it will be close. In so many ways it is a must-win game for Buffalo, they need to progress and live up to their potential. Allen is the hottest QB in the AFC at the moment and he needs to deliver. If it all comes down to Allen, I don't think they will win but if Allen can depend on his teammates and get all those skill players involved they will win it.

Chiefs still looked iffy at times against a poor Steeler team. Mahomes still can look erratic in and out of the pocket as his O line struggles at times.

Bengals v Titans is another huge game. Hard game for both and tough to call.If Burrow is on form, they have a real chance. If the Titans play a complete game, if the D performs and Henry is back to even near his best, they will probably prove too much for Cincy. Could be another very close game.

NFC? IF Bosa is OK, SF can really go after Rodgers. That's a tough game for GB as the Niners are a playoff set up looking side. Tough D, an offense that's balanced and a good kicker. Very close game maybe, Niners look very motivated and hungry.

LA/Cards v Tampa.I expect LA to get through and will be another close game in Tampa if that's the case. The Rams D could really go after Tom and co. The Bucs O Line was not protecting Brady at all yesterday. He got hit and sacked way too often.

Four really close games. I wouldn't be comfortable betting on any outcome.

If Buffalo is focused and no big mistakes happen, I'd say they go to the superb owl. They should have went last year too. They're very good. When Josh Allen is on, he's hard to stop.

Hopefully, the games are all going to be good though.

If Buffalo is focused and no big mistakes happen, I'd say they go to the superb owl. They should have went last year too. They're very good. When Josh Allen is on, he's hard to stop.

Hopefully, the games are all going to be good though.

Chiefs against the Bills in the Divisional game this Sunday at 6:30. That might be the best of all the games yet to come.

Chiefs against the Bills in the Divisional game this Sunday at 6:30. That might be the best of all the games yet to come.

This might be the top game in the AFC playoffs for the next few years. The Bengals, Bolts, Patriots, Titans, possibly the Ravens should be in the mix behind them.

when a game is close, i usually go better coaching/better defense. coaching pretty even with kc and buf. buf defense>kc defense.

I am totally psyched for next weekend. All of the games are going to be really good.

I'm really excited to see if Jimmy can take out the Packers. The niners match up really well with them. I am also pulling for the Bills to beat the Chiefs as well. I think the Titans are going to handle the Benglas pretty easily though. I of course like the Bucs no matter who they play because of the way Brady is playing and their defense. It's going to be a great four games.

all four games do look good. While the talking heads were trying to "talk up" wildcard weekend, I suspected/feared we'd have several duds.

as for KC v Bills, I see KC can be explosive and score quick, but they do still seem to be brain farting on both sides of the ball. I hope the bills can score all over them.
Titans Bengals I'm not sure what to think. I guess no outcome will surprise me. Titans will need to get pass rush on Burrow

9ers v Packers.... depends if 9ers have Bosa and Warner healthy (or healthy enough) Rodgers has a way of disappointing in the playoffs. he may be saving his choke game for the NFCC!

need to see how Cards and Rams look tonight to speculate on that game.

Last edited:
I am totally psyched for next weekend. All of the games are going to be really good.

I'm really excited to see if Jimmy can take out the Packers. The niners match up really well with them. I am also pulling for the Bills to beat the Chiefs as well. I think the Titans are going to handle the Benglas pretty easily though. I of course like the Bucs no matter who they play because of the way Brady is playing and their defense. It's going to be a great four games.
buczone.com/forum/

was talking with Co-workers on these games, and one thing occured to me.... we need 9ers vs. Bucs in NFCC. Brady vs. Jimmy G! make it so!

JimmyG has another ligament/tendon issue. This time it's his throwing shoulder. Same shoulder he sprained in the Miami game in 2016 when he was a Patriot.
Yes, he's injury prone and it's genetic. This is like his 6th or 7th sprain and now they are starting to repeat.

View: https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1483197064469270531

Jimmy it's going to be able to sign anywhere he wants next year. What a season from him under immense pressure. I think the bigger question is what do the 49ers do? The record under Jimmy is unbelievable compared to when he's not under center. I suppose if they believe Lance is ready they let Jimmy go but that's a big gamble given how well Jimmy has played this year for them. It will only get more difficult if he beats the Packers next week.

JimmyG has another ligament/tendon issue. This time it's his throwing shoulder. Same shoulder he sprained in the Miami game in 2016 when he was a Patriot.
Yes, he's injury prone and it's genetic. This is like his 6th or 7th sprain and now they are starting to repeat.

View: https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1483197064469270531

I'd speculate this is subterfuge to throw the packers off (plus I really wanted to use the word subterfuge)
however Jimmy is china delicate so no injury news with him surprises anyone.

Jimmy it's going to be able to sign anywhere he wants next year. What a season from him under immense pressure. I think the bigger question is what do the 49ers do? The record under Jimmy is unbelievable compared to when he's not under center. I suppose if they believe Lance is ready they let Jimmy go but that's a big gamble given how well Jimmy has played this year for them. It will only get more difficult if he beats the Packers next week.
I hear about his record all the time (and no denying it since wins is the only stat that really matters), but this injury stuff with him is ridiculous. for teams looking for a QB, they have to plan for a chunk of games that he just won't be there
also he still makes his share of mistakes, and his bad pick let the cowboys back into the game sunday.

I hear about his record all the time (and no denying it since wins is the only stat that really matters), but this injury stuff with him is ridiculous. for teams looking for a QB, they have to plan for a chunk of games that he just won't be there
also he still makes his share of mistakes, and his bad pick let the cowboys back into the game sunday.
My guess is he signs a pretty heavy laden incentive contract where the team has lots of outs due to injury. One thing you can say for him this year is that he is actually played through his thumb injury and now apparently a shoulder injury as well. The more he can do that and show his toughness the rest of this playoffs the more that will help his market next year.

My guess is he and signs a pretty heavy laden incentive to contract where the team has lots of outs due to injury. One thing you can say for him this year is that he is actually played through his thumb injury and now apparently a shoulder injury as well. The more he can do that and show his toughness the rest of this playoffs the more that will help his market next year.
agree, and he needs to keep doing that to show that he might be fragile in his structure but tough minded.
Considering the bad QB draft and the number of teams in need of one, Jimmy G won't have to compromise.... some team might "want" those type of injury protections in the contract but he doesn't have to go along with it. SF should be able to get a nice return for him, and Jimmy can demand a good $$$ contract.

this the last year of his contract? too lazy to look it up. probably not or SF would/should have traded him. guess they could tag him then trade?

agree, and he needs to keep doing that to show that he might be fragile in his structure but tough minded.
Considering the bad QB draft and the number of teams in need of one, Jimmy G won't have to compromise.... some team might "want" those type of injury protections in the contract but he doesn't have to go along with it. SF should be able to get a nice return for him, and Jimmy can demand a good $$$ contract.

this the last year of his contract? too lazy to look it up. probably not or SF would/should have traded him. guess they could tag him then trade?
He has one year left at $26 mil. Niners can cut him and only incur a $1.4 mil dead cap hit. I agree that they try to trade him especially given how good that number is for his final year. He also has the right to veto any trade so I would imagine any deal that gets done will have a new contract as part of it.

Back