Divisional Round Games

LOL, I doubt you were saying that 2019 but yeah, a period needs to be played ,not just a possession. I think more like 12 minutes because a team just like the Patriots could control the clock for 8 minutes.
How do you know what I was saying in 2019, I don't.

On this past Monday's PFF podcast with Steve Palazolo and Sam Munson they read an email from one of their listeners, that went sort of like the following, paraphrased,

I'm old enough to have seen THE GAME. In 1958 I was 11 years old and the drama from that NFL Championship made me a fan forever. Now I can say I saw the WEEKEND. Four games of extreme competitiveness. A weekend where two young QBs earned the right to be called superstars. A weekend where Tom Brady lost and saw that there was a new breed of QB in the league....

Recommend listening to that podcast, the email is read in the first few minutes of the show.

Brady has to look at the landscape and realize he may not have won the SB this year, but had a good year and could walk away proudly* (not like he had an embarrassing ass year) as the new wave takes over. I remember not that long ago when the talking heads were wondering where the next wave of QB's was? (this was probably just before Mahomes and Jackson, then the recent wave)

* obviously with 7 sb's and 10 appearances, he could walk away proudly no matter what, but I'm sure we all expect Brady wants to go out on top(ish)

My final post mortem on the Bills, KC game. I keep hearing the it was the greatest playoff game. Perhaps if the Bills coaching staff had not played the last 13 seconds scared and screwed up everything from the kick off to the type of defense, then it might have been, regardless of the final outcome.

But the Bills coaching staff passing their pants ruined any chace of the game being one of the greatest playoff games.

My final post mortem on the Bills, KC game. I keep hearing the it was the greatest playoff game. Perhaps if the Bills coaching staff had not played the last 13 seconds scared and screwed up everything from the kick off to the type of defense, then it might have been, regardless of the final outcome.

But the Bills coaching staff passing their pants ruined any chace of the game being one of the greatest playoff games.
Because I didn't like the Chef's winning, this is a "Greatest playoff screwup by a team" type of game.
had it been reversed and Bills won after the whole 13 seconds thing and winning OT coin toss, I'd be replaying it endlessly

Because I didn't like the Chef's winning, this is a "Greatest playoff screwup by a team" type of game.
had it been reversed and Bills won after the whole 13 seconds thing and winning OT coin toss, I'd be replaying it endlessly
It was the greatest meltdown in 13 seconds...

Back