Divisional Round Games

Chiefs v Bills - I'm going Bills I always figure if you lose in the playoffs it's better if the team that beat you goes all the way.

Titans v Bengals - Ill probably root for the Titans due to the Vrable angle but I do like the Bengals.

Packers v Niners - 49s easy, I haven't been an Aaron Rogers fan for quite some time.

Bucs v Rams - Kinda tough, I've struggled to pull for Brady (mostly because I find his fan club insufferable) and Arians bugs the shit out of me but I'll also get sick of the "McVay genius" crap the longer the Rams stay alive. I dunno, maybe I'll clean the garage.
Chalk.

Where's Foxx (and HipKat). thought they'd want to talk up this weekends games. Bills have had a long tough road dealing with Pats so I'll forgive some chest beating (but not over doing it). Anyone check ChiefsPlanet to see if a "Foxx" has registered? :coffee:
I've gone to CP the last few days to see what's happening and I haven't seen him there and I don't think we will, he would get ripped to shreds and I don't believe he would handle it well. Frankly, I'm glad to see them both gone, it's one thing to come here and pound your chest about beating the Pats, it's another thing entirely to do it when the game is still being played and right after the game is over. Never had time to process it and get over the pounding they took and to have those 2 act like they did, is pure trolling.

do i want the bucs eliminated this week or do i want jimmy g to get a crack at them....🤔😁

That's a tough one.

My working theory has been Green Bay vs. the Rams for the NFCC and The Crimson King will bust Rodgers for Covid when it's too
late for him to play, thereby sending a message to all vax heretics that the nail that sticks up WILL be hammered down. No matter who you are.

Also, that scenario will attract some Cali billionaires to the SOFI Super Bowl for a who's-who power orgy while they pay attention to the "hometown"
Rams for 5 minutes and bask in their reflected glory. Rog will be like a Roman Emperor showing off his shiny, new Coliseum for the biggest fish yet. The highlight of his career.

However, your storyline has tons of drama inherent and that way I wouldn't have to quit watching the NFL. I like it. SF would represent a pretty bad matchup for
Brady the way they can bring heat.

Timing, as they say, is everything. San Fran is going to have a tough time with the Packers. And even without his full weapon tree, Brady should be
able to shred that Rams D, but bear in mind that Roger has a phone and isn't averse to using it. LA could win it with a lot of help. I mean, these days
who really notices the difference? We all but expect the refs to screw the pooch.

But...maybe I need to be less cynical. :fire: I'll root for Jimmy to survive the tundra and hope for the best.

That's a tough one.

My working theory has been Green Bay vs. the Rams for the NFCC and The Crimson King will bust Rodgers for Covid when it's too
late for him to play, thereby sending a message to all vax heretics that the nail that sticks up WILL be hammered down. No matter who you are.

Also, that scenario will attract some Cali billionaires to the SOFI Super Bowl for a who's-who power orgy while they pay attention to the "hometown"
Rams for 5 minutes and bask in their reflected glory. Rog will be like a Roman Emperor showing off his shiny, new Coliseum for the biggest fish yet. The highlight of his career.

However, your storyline has tons of drama inherent and that way I wouldn't have to quit watching the NFL. I like it. SF would represent a pretty bad matchup for
Brady the way they can bring heat.

Timing, as they say, is everything. San Fran is going to have a tough time with the Packers. And even without his full weapon tree, Brady should be
able to shred that Rams D, but bear in mind that Roger has a phone and isn't averse to using it. LA could win it with a lot of help. I mean, these days
who really notices the difference? We all but expect the refs to screw the pooch.

But...maybe I need to be less cynical. :fire: I'll root for Jimmy to survive the tundra and hope for the best.
I am definitely rooting for a Jimmy /Brady NFC championship game. That would be totally awesome!
Although pretty sure it would give Kraft heartburn. LOL

I've gone to CP the last few days to see what's happening and I haven't seen him there and I don't think we will, he would get ripped to shreds and I don't believe he would handle it well. Frankly, I'm glad to see them both gone, it's one thing to come here and pound your chest about beating the Pats, it's another thing entirely to do it when the game is still being played and right after the game is over. Never had time to process it and get over the pounding they took and to have those 2 act like they did, is pure trolling.
I actually went over there myself, both to see if they were there and what the general tone was. Seems like Chiefs Planet posters expect to blow them out!
so I'm now squarely in "Bills win" (already was) so I can go back there and read the posts (I don't post on other teams sites but will visit from time to time)

I actually went over there myself, both to see if they were there and what the general tone was. Seems like Chiefs Planet posters expect to blow them out!
so I'm now squarely in "Bills win" (already was) so I can go back there and read the posts (I don't post on other teams sites but will visit from time to time)
Same here, I really don't see the point in it myself.

I wish there was a way they both could lose, kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Same here, I really don't see the point in it myself.

I wish there was a way they both could lose, kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
it will take another week, but it's doable! Titans / Bengals winner will have to do our bidding.

Its weird there used to be a pipeline of coaching talent in NE along with a bunch of solid veteran coaches. Seems like ever since Flores left and SB ascended coaches and front office personell have been leaving in droves.

Not saying there is a direct connection - it's just an observation. I will say I never ever liked the father son thing SB needs to go somewhere else to prove himself, there will always be the perception that he has not earned it.

Maybe young hungry coaching talent is simply figuring BB is too close to retirement so they are going elsewhere. So many of the old guard are also riding off now that it leaves a huge coaching void in NE.

If Steve Belichick is bad, so is Mayo...right? Why the differences in perspective if not? Just curious...I'm not defending anyone, just interested in why the opinions are different between the coaches.

Just heard that one of the Chiefs player, a LB, got arrested. He evidently got passed at his ex and started breaking stuff at her apartment. He didn't hurt her but it is still called a domestic violence arrest.

Just heard that one of the Chiefs player, a LB, got arrested. He evidently got passed at his ex and started breaking stuff at her apartment. He didn't hurt her but it is still called a domestic violence arrest.
Willie Gay.

If Steve Belichick is bad, so is Mayo...right? Why the differences in perspective if not? Just curious...I'm not defending anyone, just interested in why the opinions are different between the coaches.

No, Mayo might actually be great. It has amazed me how little I've actually read or heard about Mayo in the last two years. He was not only a great player, but seems exceptionally bright and based on his TV work prior to landing this gig is an excellent communicator. I have always been very impressed with Jerod Mayo, but you barely hear a word
about him anymore. It's odd, to me.

So, I've been curious as to why we are told that a guy that never played or coached much football prior to Dad setting him up is apparently above Mayo on the totem pole and the obvious question is whether that is because he's earned it and is a better coach than Jerod (I tend to doubt it) or whether his Dad is into nepotism.

It also seems a little strange that, as far as I know, no local journalists have gone digging for dirt on this topic, since some of them love the low-hanging fruit and this
would be on a topic I've been sort of suspicious about for the last couple of years and I'm not trying to throw a harpoon into Bill to put food on my table like some of
those guys.

Put it this way, Mayo has been mentioned as an HC candidate a couple of times and he can't even get the DC title here. Do you think anybody would offer Surfboard Tongue Thanksdad a
DC position? I doubt it.

I'm not trying to stir up shit, because I don't know what's going on behind the Foxboro curtain, nor can I evaluate Stevie B. as a coach or even who calls the defensive plays (see: Patricia, Matt) but it wouldn't shock me if unnamed sources get quoted before long suggesting Mayo is the guy getting screwed and we have mean, old Bill to blame.

No, Mayo might actually be great. It has amazed me how little I've actually read or heard about Mayo in the last two years. He was not only a great player, but seems exceptionally bright and based on his TV work prior to landing this gig is an excellent communicator. I have always been very impressed with Jerod Mayo, but you barely hear a word
about him anymore. It's odd, to me.

So, I've been curious as to why we are told that a guy that never played or coached much football prior to Dad setting him up is apparently above Mayo on the totem pole and the obvious question is whether that is because he's earned it and is a better coach than Jerod (I tend to doubt it) or whether his Dad is into nepotism.

It also seems a little strange that, as far as I know, no local journalists have gone digging for dirt on this topic, since some of them love the low-hanging fruit and this
would be on a topic I've been sort of suspicious about for the last couple of years and I'm not trying to throw a harpoon into Bill to put food on my table like some of
those guys.

Put it this way, Mayo has been mentioned as an HC candidate a couple of times and he can't even get the DC title here. Do you think anybody would offer Surfboard Tongue Thanksdad a
DC position? I doubt it.

I'm not trying to stir up shit, because I don't know what's going on behind the Foxboro curtain, nor can I evaluate Stevie B. as a coach or even who calls the defensive plays (see: Patricia, Matt) but it wouldn't shock me if unnamed sources get quoted before long suggesting Mayo is the guy getting screwed and we have mean, old Bill to blame.
This would be a great thread!

curran might be a good one to do it. he probably knows mayo pretty well after their longtime collaboration. then again, he might not want it to look like mayo is behind it.

don't believe i ever said SB was bad. We don't know the answer to that question. just saying things changed in foxborough around the time he ascended. i also believe its time for him to go sink/swim elsewhere because he will never be respected as long as he stays here. to be honest though the big change was Brady. in 2019 it was obvious he wanted out it was clear down the stretch Brady made a business decision.

food for thought

last 3 years 3-3 down the stretch with defensive collapses the key to the bad finish. 2019 was Brady also he quit on the team.
last 3 years the D looked great in the early and middle parts of the season only to fade
SB has been the DC in all but name all 3 years.

we don't know the answer, we can guess at but we don't know it.

to hawg's point nobody is offering him a dc job, and Mayo is getting HC sniffs. I think most of that is the rooney rule, and people figuring that SB would not leave dad.

in the end i think its time for SB to forge his own future elsewhere away from his dad. bring back flo at whatever price it takes( pay him whatever he wants) and let him run the D like McD does the O. then maybe BB can focus on fixing special teams and overall coaching staff front office weaknesses.

I can fully support bringing Flores back as DC.

Yeah, I have to say I'm uncomfortable with Bill's two sons being there. it would be much better for them to go out to other teams, on their own and plough their own way. Nothing good will ever be seen of them if they stay in NE. The accusations of nepotism will always be there. No different when the bosses son/daughter goes into the family business. It doesn't;t mater how talented they are, the belief will always be there. Same for me with Jonathan Kraft. He'll take over simply because of who his last name is. I don't like hereditary entitlements.

Back