Divisional Round Games

Yeah, I have to say I'm uncomfortable with Bill's two sons being there. it would be much better for them to go out to other teams, on their own and plough their own way. Nothing good will ever be seen of them if they stay in NE. The accusations of nepotism will always be there. No different when the bosses son/daughter goes into the family business. It doesn't;t mater how talented they are, the belief will always be there. Same for me with Jonathan Kraft. He'll take over simply because of who his last name is. I don't like hereditary entitlements.
i think this is different because the team belongs to kraft and is his to do as he sees fit ownership wise. it's like saying he can't give john his bank accounts or cars.

i think this is different because the team belongs to kraft and is his to do as he sees fit ownership wise. it's like saying he can't give john his bank accounts or cars.
I don't like it though. it's not on merit. And I think this has cursed many NFL franchises. Look at Detroit and the Fords or the Bears and the McCaskeys etc

Why for the 49ers have such success? Because Eddie DeBartolo bought the team and took a businessman's acumen along. His approach changed the NFL landscape and other teams followed. Robert Kraft wasn't an owners' son either, bought the team and created the most successful team in the modern era.

I'm not saying it is guaranteed for success, there are examples like Ross in Miami and Johnson with the Jets but I think the hereditary approach has less chance of success. I mean the Brown children have really done nothing with the Bengals.

debartolo gave the team to his daughter and his son in law runs it iirc

They can't resist doing it. They come in fresh, do a great job and don't take on what got them there in the first place and hand it all to their kids!

I don't like it though. it's not on merit. And I think this has cursed many NFL franchises. Look at Detroit and the Fords or the Bears and the McCaskeys etc

Why for the 49ers have such success? Because Eddie DeBartolo bought the team and took a businessman's acumen along. His approach changed the NFL landscape and other teams followed. Robert Kraft wasn't an owners' son either, bought the team and created the most successful team in the modern era.

I'm not saying it is guaranteed for success, there are examples like Ross in Miami and Johnson with the Jets but I think the hereditary approach has less chance of success. I mean the Brown children have really done nothing with the Bengals.
Eh, dynasties gonna dynasty.

As far as keeping it in the family, don't you think that BB teaches his sons things that he wouldn't even teach his coaching staff? Part of it is having a gut feeling or intuition...that part can't be taught. But, I don't have a problem with BB hiring his sons at all, unless they're complete Fuck Ups like Andy Reid's sons. I highly doubt that they're like them.

Eddie is part of the mob. True story.

Wirfs and Jensen are practicing today. Should be more of an update later as to their status but good sign so far.

Great article today on Brady's dominance after T-giving.

"Brady owns a staggering 112-31 (.783) record after Thanksgiving, and 43-14 (.754) in January and February. When other teams fade, as rosters are whittled down because of injuries, Brady's teams ascend. He finds a way to pull out the perfect play in the perfect situation."

They can't resist doing it. They come in fresh, do a great job and don't take on what got them there in the first place and hand it all to their kids!
while i agree with you that a lot of inheritors are p.o.s. and ruin businesses( i worked somewhere like that) i can't agree that property isn't someone's to dispose of as they see fit. it's sad so many of them who have built empires based on great judgment lack it when it comes to family. but, i think a lot of people let their judgment be swayed by emotion...unfortunately.

There's something about the Niners isn't there....they just look like a team perfectly built for the playoffs. Strong run game with good QB who has weapons at WR and TE. And a high energy savage-looking defense who makes like hell for QBs. And it's the Niners...playoffs and championships are in their DNA.

Rodgers is in exceptional form though and is making throws that no other QB can make. Jimmy G can't afford to make any bad intercepts.

King Henry and co to win in the other game.

is it just me or is it taking FOREVAH for 4:30pm (EST) aka - kickoff to get here. still (Trying) to not start drinking beer until kickoff.

Back