Do any of you guys miss Pioli or Cassel at all?

Pioli and Cassel - do you miss them at all?

• Yes oh yes. Pioli is the great mastermind that made the Pats machine run.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Yes, I think Cassel was an awesome backup and I wish we didn't lose him.

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Meh. Pioli just took credit for the hard work of others.

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Meh. Cassel is a pretty mediocre QB that just took advantage of having a great team around him.

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • No way Jose. Scott Pioli can fall from an aids tree and die in a fire.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Nope. Matt Cassel should go drink a gallon of anti-freeze.

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Neither one can compare to some random dude off the street named GAZ.

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

loochy

Reaction score
Pioli and Cassel have both been pretty "meh" since they left the Pats. Do you miss either one of them? Do you think that maybe their inclusion in last year's team would have pushed them over the hump to a Super Bowl win? Discuss. Poll forthcoming.

Pioli and Cassel have both been pretty "meh" since they left the Pats. Do you miss either one of them? Do you think that maybe their inclusion in last year's team would have pushed them over the hump to a Super Bowl win? Discuss. Poll forthcoming.

Teams change from year to year, both in the front office and on the field.

I don't miss Pioli and Cassel - I think the Patriots have moved on and the contributions of those two, while significant, have proven to be replaceable.

The loss of defensive prowess that coincided with the departure of Romeo Crennel, on the other hand, was pretty obvious the last couple of years, IMHO.

:Lwelcome:

I don't miss Pioli and Cassel - I think the Patriots have moved on and the contributions of those two, while significant, have proven to be replaceable.

The loss of defensive prowess that coincided with the departure of Romeo Crennel, on the other hand, was pretty obvious the last couple of years, IMHO.

Thanks for the welcome.

I overlooked an obvious one in Crennel. Did anyone else major leave that year? Vrabel? Although he was about done anyways, so you can just write him off.

Living in the past FTW!

This and this...

I heard a wise young man recently say "The graveyards are full of irreplaceable people."

I heard a wise young man recently say "The graveyards are full of irreplaceable people."

People are replaceable. However, the cost of creating and replacing new people is rather high.

People are replaceable. However, the cost of creating and replacing new people is rather high.

Part of Bill's genius (reflected in his penchant for hiring multi-versatile help) is in his ability to manage the cost of replacing people.

Chers, BostonTim

Why should we miss them? They havn't done crap in Kansas City sence there departure.

Why should we miss them? They havn't done crap in Kansas City sence there departure.
I don't think you should miss them at all. I'm a Chiefs guy, not a Pats guy. I posted this to see how you Pats guys felt about Cassioli. I personally think they are both pretty crappy and I never understood either of their hype from day one.

Cassel would only be good with a team around him to carry him. He wouldn't of got a shot had Brady not go down by that hit he took from Pollard. That still haunts me about it.

I don't think you should miss them at all. I'm a Chiefs guy, not a Pats guy. I posted this to see how you Pats guys felt about Cassioli. I personally think they are both pretty crappy and I never understood either of their hype from day one.

I wasn't a fan of him while he was here. I mean he was a backup in college QB that never got to see the field, lmao unless he was a TE.

Thank goodness Tom Brady came back and we don't have to deal with him again. BB was all up in Cassels jock strap that was funny though.

Cassel was pretty damn good in New England when Brady went down, he had a lot of good guys around him, yes, but I think Cassel also did well to take the team 11-5 and almost to the playoffs. I think that Cassel is good for KC and if the right offensive weapons are there I can see them challenging the Broncos for the division.

Pioli on the other hand, I'm not so sure of, but I'd say that he did a decent job here but most of it can really be put down to Belichick.

Where's the 'Yes, Cassell should still be starting at the Pats option'?

Where's the 'Yes, Cassell should still be starting at the Pats option'?

That is such a shocking and ridiculous option that it was never even considered.

Back