Do you Believe in Bigfoot ?

I'm glad you guys are finally sharing some real life experiences. I have a niece ,she's 43 now that is one of those people that can communicate with spirits and stuff and see's the dead. (So she claims). But anyway the only experience I can share is one that happened in November ,2009.

I'm in the panhandle of Texas and leaving a farm. The land to the left of me is nothing but a Huge ranch covering like 30 miles by 20 miles. It's getting dark just enough it's about time to turn on the headlights but not quite. I look to the left up in the sky and there's a huge light. It looks like a headlight but much bigger and brighter. It looked really odd to be a helicopter light and it was just sitting still.

I thought oh well just something different and I looked across to my right for an instance to look through the fields as I always like to look for wild shit moving around at dusk. I looked back over to the light and it was gone. I looked ahead and it was about a mile ahead of me just sitting there.
As I came down the highway ,when I got even to it ,it took off straight at about a 45 degree angle like it was headed to outer space. I watched in fucking amazement as the light grew smaller and disappeared. It was gone in all of 5-10 seconds.

Nothing I know of or have ever seen has the ability to move like that from standing still to warp 20. Our military doesn't have anything that could do what I saw.
I don't know what it was but I know what i saw.

In all honesty, no you don't "know what you saw".

Two reasons for my claim.

First is the "pattern recognition" issue I mentioned previously.

Regardless of what you "observed", you couldn't help but try to pigeonhole it into a certain set of category (ies).

Stop and go back and look at what you wrote.

You saw two lights in the sky. You didn't see the original light move from your left to in front of you, you assumed it was the same light.

Was it?

:shrug_n:

Maybe, maybe not. The key thing to realize is your instinctive assumption that it was the same light.

That's the categorization effect. You see two things that look similar and your mind is hardwired to lump them together as being the same thing.

Were they?

How do you know it wasn't an Air Force plane out of Amarillo that was dropping flares?

The one to your left and the one in front of you could have been separate flares.

If they were far enough away, they wouldn't appear to be moving, from your perspective.

Since you didn't see the light move, but only assumed it had, it's certainly possible that there were separate flares that you saw.

Also, one should understand that eyewitness testimony has many potential pitfalls.

This link provides some background in regards to the legal system, but the fundamental issue applies.

In all honesty, no you don't "know what you saw".

Two reasons for my claim.

First is the "pattern recognition" issue I mentioned previously.

Regardless of what you "observed", you couldn't help but try to pigeonhole it into a certain set of category (ies).

Stop and go back and look at what you wrote.

You saw two lights in the sky. You didn't see the original light move from your left to in front of you, you assumed it was the same light.

Was it?

Maybe, maybe not. The key thing to realize is your instinctive assumption that it was the same light.

That's the categorization effect. You see two things that look similar and your mind is hardwired to lump them together as being the same thing.

Were they?

How do you know it wasn't an Air Force plane out of Amarillo that was dropping flares?

The one to your left and the one in front of you could have been separate flares.

If they were far enough away, they wouldn't appear to be moving, from your perspective.

Since you didn't see the light move, but only assumed it had, it's certainly possible that there were separate flares that you saw.

Also, one should understand that eyewitness testimony has many potential pitfalls.

This link provides some background in regards to the legal system, but the fundamental issue applies.

Your theory of two lights is very possible but I think I would have noticed the 2nd one as bright as it was. The color of it looked exactly like a car headlight but much much larger. I seen all kinds of military stuff as I used to live close to Fort Bragg and I've never seen this type of light. Just abnormal.

But the kicker was the way it took off at warp speed straight towards the stratosphere. If I had not witnessed that then the whole event would have been a meh moment I never would have filed in my memory bank.

Your theory of two lights is very possible but I think I would have noticed the 2nd one as bright as it was. The color of it looked exactly like a car headlight but much much larger. I seen all kinds of military stuff as I used to live close to Fort Bragg and I've never seen this type of light. Just abnormal.

But the kicker was the way it took off at warp speed straight towards the stratosphere. If I had not witnessed that then the whole event would have been a meh moment I never would have filed in my memory bank.

Can you convert warp speed to exact mph so I can begin to understand how fast it went?

Can you convert warp speed to exact mph so I can begin to understand how fast it went?

I may have to watch a few Star Trek episodes to figure that out. All I can tell you is it went from a dead still position maybe 300 yards high straight towards outer space and it completely dissapeared within 5-10 seconds. It was a huge light too. And it was a crystal clear night. No clouds.

If you like the subject and want to kill an hour of your life this is really interesting

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4E0zgsctM1o" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm very interested in the topic and the stories from the guy you linked are generally excellent. I've listened to a bunch of them.

Certain pieces of evidence are really hard to dismiss scientifically. I'd mention the studies of primatologist Dr. Jeff Meldrum ( U of Idaho) who has discovered tiny dermal ridges in print casts that run lengthwise along the foot which unheard of in nature. He has found this in casts from all over the world and it would be impossible to fake. So.....why do they exist?

I don't know if you've seen it, but the Todd Standing films shown on Survivorman (with Les Stroud) are really intriguing. Fucking weird close ups of two alleged sasquatch faces looking straight into his camera.

Also, some of the footage from a recent show called "Paranormal: Caught on Camera on the Travel Channel. One (can't find a link) showed a clip of a beast that was so improbably enormous through the chest and shoulders that I don't believe it could be a human in a suit. You have to see the clip to understand what I'm saying. It's better than the Patterson film.

So many stories from so many cultures all over the world all saying the same thing. At very least it is one hell of a mystery.

I saw that and it was great... especially when he was filming what he thought to be a youngster staring at him and he was saying c'mon, blink... when it did I got goosebumps.... I HOPE they are real though. To borrow a phrase from Fox Mulder, I want to believe

I been messin' with Sasquatch since I was a little kid. :coffee:

So, my brother Jerry has a buddy name of Matty Blake who some of you may know as the host of "Curse of Oak Island: Digging Deeper". He's from Leominster, Mass. and also does a popular podcast series called "Monsterland" which is the nickname of a State Park in Leominster due to all the reports of paranormal stuff occuring there.

I like Matty and was listening to the podcase when he commented that he'd love to be able to find a combination of golf and the paranormal because those are his two favorite things. He's about a 4 handicapper which means very, very good.

Anyhow, I just got back from a roadtrip in Vermont where we also took a day trip to Saratoga to see the horse races. On the way back I spotted a very large Sasquatch sculpture just off the road and we stopped for a few pics.

While stopped, I noticed a little sign across the road pointing to "Skene Valled Country Club" and the logo has a squatch image on it and we decided to take a look.

The first thing you see is a bigass Squatch statue out on the course holding a flagstick and a club. It was pretty quiet in there, so I chatted up the barmaid who tells me that her Dad, who founded the course, used to be a dairy farmer and he did most of the maintenance on the place himself.

As she tells it, one night in 1975 Dad was out near the 3rd hole at around 11PM doing some watering with his pet Newfoundland riding in the golf cart when the dog starts whining and that dog wasn't afraid of anything including bears. Out of the shadows a giant figure stands up and he hits it with a flashlight and the eyes reflected red. They have a stare down for a minute while the dog was panicking and then the Squatch just turns around and walks into the thick woods. Supposedly, he sees it from close range and has no doubt what he'd seen. And he's not the only person up there (Whitehall, NY) to have an encounter.

She said it took years for him to tell the story to his kids, but it was, at very least, a detailed and compelling story as she related it. She claims **** and the crew from Finding Bigfoot interviewed him, but I haven't tracked that down.

So, I took a photo of the statue and sent Jerry a text to forward to Matty. Golf and the paranormal? CHECK.

I saw that and it was great... especially when he was filming what he thought to be a youngster staring at him and he was saying c'mon, blink... when it did I got goosebumps.... I HOPE they are real though. To borrow a phrase from Fox Mulder, I want to believe

Todd Standing is a guy that sets off my bullshit detector a bit. He wants SO desperately to have people believe in Bigfoot that I don't trust him to not fake some footage.

That footage, though. Shit. I tried to find it to post the clips here but I struck out on youtube. I saw them on the specials he did with Les "Survivorman" Stroud who has had some weird encounters himself, but is at least neutral on Bigfoot's existence.

I don't know HOW you could fake those particular clips. Closeups of two different really strange-looking half ape/half human faces with good resolution. They looked like living beings and not CGI. Not masks. Not people wearing high end prosthetic makeup.

If Les Stroud took the film I'd feel a lot more comfortable believing them to be real. That guy is solid.

His comments on the clips was something like:

"There are two possiblities. One is that they are fakes and the other is that they are real. But.......what if they ARE real?"

Shows like "Finding Bigfoot" and "Oak Island" are what I call "Blue Ball" shows.

The viewer always ends up with blue balls because they never actually find what they're looking for. The entire run of the show happens and they don't find the thing that the show is about. It's always, "Well, this isn't the treasure, but it's still something cool from 100 years ago" or whatever.

Like the "ghost hunting" shows. "Ooh, did you hear that noise? Ooh, I felt a cold spot!" GTF outta here. lol

It's just conjecture, storytelling, and red herrings. The end.

So, my brother Jerry has a buddy name of Matty Blake who some of you may know as the host of "Curse of Oak Island: Digging Deeper". He's from Leominster, Mass. and also does a popular podcast series called "Monsterland" which is the nickname of a State Park in Leominster due to all the reports of paranormal stuff occuring there.

I was born and raised in the Fitchburg-Leominster area and spent a big chunk of my childhood at Leominster State Park. I have never heard it referred to as "Monsterland" or ever heard of any paranormal activities.

But perhaps I lived a sheltered life growing up.

:shrug:

I was born and raised in the Fitchburg-Leominster area and spent a big chunk of my childhood at Leominster State Park. I have never heard it referred to as "Monsterland" or ever heard of any paranormal activities.

But perhaps I lived a sheltered life growing up.

:shrug:

You’re compartmentalizing the experience. Therapy will bring the memories back to the surface. It’s not your fault. You didn’t ask to be raped by Sasquatch.

Definitely explains that shudder and freeze you get when you open a can of tuna and that hiss is reminiscent of that stank breath on the nape of your neck tho huh?

I like Matty and was listening to the podcase when he commented that he'd love to be able to find a combination of golf and the paranormal because those are his two favorite things. He's about a 4 handicapper which means very, very good.

Anyhow, I just got back from a roadtrip in Vermont where we also took a day trip to Saratoga to see the horse races. On the way back I spotted a very large Sasquatch sculpture just off the road and we stopped for a few pics.

While stopped, I noticed a little sign across the road pointing to "Skene Valled Country Club" and the logo has a squatch image on it and we decided to take a look.

The first thing you see is a bigass Squatch statue out on the course holding a flagstick and a club. It was pretty quiet in there, so I chatted up the barmaid who tells me that her Dad, who founded the course, used to be a dairy farmer and he did most of the maintenance on the place himself.

As she tells it, one night in 1975 Dad was out near the 3rd hole at around 11PM doing some watering with his pet Newfoundland riding in the golf cart when the dog starts whining and that dog wasn't afraid of anything including bears. Out of the shadows a giant figure stands up and he hits it with a flashlight and the eyes reflected red. They have a stare down for a minute while the dog was panicking and then the Squatch just turns around and walks into the thick woods. Supposedly, he sees it from close range and has no doubt what he'd seen. And he's not the only person up there (Whitehall, NY) to have an encounter.

She said it took years for him to tell the story to his kids, but it was, at very least, a detailed and compelling story as she related it. She claims **** and the crew from Finding Bigfoot interviewed him, but I haven't tracked that down.

So, I took a photo of the statue and sent Jerry a text to forward to Matty. Golf and the paranormal? CHECK.

Friggin awesome! Thanks for sharing that. There are so many similar stories out there it just defies the logic. They almost have to live in a 3rd dimension since there's just no physical evidence. And I'm not one to believe that supernatural shit exists. But I refuse to believe it doesn't at the same time.

What is this Bidfoot you speak of?
a Legendary Creature of RodeGrader lore, not to be confused with Magic the Gathering, that once existed in the hallow halls of the planet!! An image is said to exist but I have not located a copy yet... or have I?

Back