Do Your Job Pt 2

BradyGirl

Reaction score
<i>Do Your Job</i> on NBC right now.

Josh is looking a little chubby. :)

BB going back to 2004. Steelers never change! :D

I didn't realize Nick Caserio did so much, playing quarterback at practice. Guess that's why they traded Jacoby. :D

Ernie Adams is a tough buzzard.

BB essentially called Nick Caserio a GM by comparing him to other GMs.

Ernie Adams and Bill Belichick have been friends since high school.

I know, they've been best buds forever.

Good to see the emphasis on Pats' conditioning and BB adding two more two-point conversion plays. It's like he has a :crystal:! :D

BB essentially called Nick Caserio a GM by comparing him to other GMs.

Ernie Adams and Bill Belichick have been friends since high school.

Phillip's Andover. Mind meld forty something years ago.

Cheers

Pink Stripes lives!

Lots of other stuff on that white board though.

That was excellent.

Surprised they showed the scouting bits where they pointed out players weaknesses, even though that was the best part.:patriotlogo:

come and get it before its gone

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/waXubAe6sZU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was every bit as good as Do Your Job 1. I had no idea Caserio had such an intricate role in the booth.

Julio Jones is a beast. I loved the segment on how they tried to force him to his right and he beat the coverage and then he cut to his left just fine. I have always liked Julio. A quiet guy that just dominates. His SB performance would have been remembered fondly had the Falcons won.

Do Your Job 2

There were many good points made. I enjoyed hearing from all the coaches & FO personnel but esp. from Chad O'Shea, McD, Patricia, Ernie, Ivan, Judge and BB. I was really struck by how much responsibility BB has given up to his assistants. For instance, when McD said something like red zone offensive planning is up to Chad O'Shea and they had just begun their meeting when BB poked his head in and suggested an extra 2 pt play or 2. That was revealing to me. BB also essentially called Nick Caserio a GM although we all know in this case BB's the boss. Matt Patricia said that after Julio's catch he expected them to run the ball for FG position but something didn't feel right to HIM so HE called the attacking pass defense. No mention of BB's input. I thought it was telling and also comforting that when BB decides to retire...

I was a little disappointed in the game strategy/preparation portion of the program - the chess/checkers portion as it pertained to the SB. The biggest planning change mentioned was to avoid Atlanta's free defender in the middle of field wh/ caused the Pats to begin throwing outside. That was reaction rather than preparation. Conditioning was also given a lot of air time. Yes, it's very impt but it's not exactly chess/checkers preparation attention to detail. Also discussed was Julio Jones' bum right ankle noticed on Dec. 4th and during warm ups by Ernie Adams although in the end it admittedly didn't hinder Julio one bit. Why put it in?

I also enjoyed the comments about the holding calls on Atlanta's LT and that Cheffer's officiating crew would make the call. It was pointed out that Hightower was held on the play just before Long's play did get called to push Atlanta out of FG range. This was just as important for this win even though it didn't have the dramatic impact of Malcolm's int. The little things count.

I thought they could have developed BB's comment "We had control of the game but not control of the score" a lot more. They could have gone into how TOP, # of plays, yards, etc. all favored the Pats by a huge margin. They should have pointed out the Falcons lead was largely because of Patriots' turnovers. Iow, a comeback wasn't a ridiculous thought for the players and coaches to have despite the lopsided score at halftime.

The best of the strategy came against the Steelers and Texans. McD talked about forcing match up problems with Dion Lewis on a LB. Easy td so that was good. Brady's flea flicker against the Steelers is always good for a LOL-Gotcha-Again-You-Dumbass-Steeler-Polomalu moment. Nice. And. Satisfying.

All in all it's certainly a good watch but the original was better and more revealing.

Do Your Job 2

There were many good points made. I enjoyed hearing from all the coaches & FO personnel but esp. from Chad O'Shea, McD, Patricia, Ernie, Ivan, Judge and BB. I was really struck by how much responsibility BB has given up to his assistants. For instance, when McD said something like red zone offensive planning is up to Chad O'Shea and they had just begun their meeting when BB poked his head in and suggested an extra 2 pt play or 2. That was revealing to me. BB also essentially called Nick Caserio a GM although we all know in this case BB's the boss. Matt Patricia said that after Julio's catch he expected them to run the ball for FG position but something didn't feel right to HIM so HE called the attacking pass defense. No mention of BB's input. I thought it was telling and also comforting that when BB decides to retire...

I was a little disappointed in the game strategy/preparation portion of the program - the chess/checkers portion as it pertained to the SB. The biggest planning change mentioned was to avoid Atlanta's free defender in the middle of field wh/ caused the Pats to begin throwing outside. That was reaction rather than preparation. Conditioning was also given a lot of air time. Yes, it's very impt but it's not exactly chess/checkers preparation attention to detail. Also discussed was Julio Jones' bum right ankle noticed on Dec. 4th and during warm ups by Ernie Adams although in the end it admittedly didn't hinder Julio one bit. Why put it in?

I also enjoyed the comments about the holding calls on Atlanta's LT and that Cheffer's officiating crew would make the call. It was pointed out that Hightower was held on the play just before Long's play did get called to push Atlanta out of FG range. This was just as important for this win even though it didn't have the dramatic impact of Malcolm's int. The little things count.

I thought they could have developed BB's comment "We had control of the game but not control of the score" a lot more. They could have gone into how TOP, # of plays, yards, etc. all favored the Pats by a huge margin. They should have pointed out the Falcons lead was largely because of Patriots' turnovers. Iow, a comeback wasn't a ridiculous thought for the players and coaches to have despite the lopsided score at halftime.

The best of the strategy came against the Steelers and Texans. McD talked about forcing match up problems with Dion Lewis on a LB. Easy td so that was good. Brady's flea flicker against the Steelers is always good for a LOL-Gotcha-Again-You-Dumbass-Steeler-Polomalu moment. Nice. And. Satisfying.

All in all it's certainly a good watch but the original was better and more revealing.
Thanks, Chevss. I was pretty astounded at the detail that coaches put in to every single nuance of other teams' players. Noticing things like the OT holds by a certain player and capitalizing on it...I said to my husband, "There isn't another team that pays such specific attention to things." His response was "Houston." He's probably right about that.

The various roles that Caserio plays - coaching, scouting, working trades, financials - is pretty amazing. He really is a hands-on guy in every sense of the word. And he's definitely a GM.

Best line: "Trouble now." So Belichickian.

Thanks, Chevss. I was pretty astounded at the detail that coaches put in to every single nuance of other teams' players.

This is why I'm not too broken up over losing players like Brissett and Carr. Yes, as a fan I found them and others to be very appealing. But, if the Patriot's coaching staff puts that much attention into individual players on other teams, just imagine how much they weigh the pros and cons of every one of their own players.

The other thought I have that hasn't been mentioned about DYJ2 is how much Steve Belichick sounds like his Dad.

Dang, I missed it last night, figured it would premier on NFLN.
Excited to see it!
I hope BB one day will get as much recognition for how he develops talented coaches and FO guys as he does for his player development/usage.

Is Freeman going to have an issue with the strongly worded characterization of his ability in blitz pick-up? Words and phrases like he has trouble with, expose him, big weakness, speed to power or bull rush he has major problems. Clearly, this was a local release of the special. When it is released nationally Wednesday night on NFL network he may actually watch it. Will he comment?

Dang, I missed it last night, figured it would premier on NFLN.
Excited to see it!
I hope BB one day will get as much recognition for how he develops talented coaches and FO guys as he does for his player development/usage.

Click on the link in post 11 to watch the full show!

Is Freeman going to have an issue with the strongly worded characterization of his ability in blitz pick-up? Words and phrases like he has trouble with, expose him, big weakness, speed to power or bull rush he has major problems. Clearly, this was a local release of the special. When it is released nationally Wednesday night on NFL network he may actually watch it. Will he comment?

It was a national broadcast last night.

Back