does gun control work - a keep the debate in one thread idea

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
Gun control absolutely works at preventing the populace from resisting tyranny. There is a reason why every notable fascist government in history has started with attempts to control the armament of the population. Regardless of whether or not it works to reduce crime (stats on that tend to back it causing an increase in violent crime, but a decrease in deaths as interactions are less fatal either way), the reason we have the 2nd amendment is we absolutely know with certainty it works to enable to government to act without meaningful opposition from the populace to strip them of any and all other rights.
Excellent post. I hope my reply is allowed to be viewed by you.

PatsFan09

Done. And. Done.
Reaction score
I gave up arguing over gun control when I saw this because it explains my positions better than I ever could.

Especially the part about the Government having drones. "You're bringing guns to a drone fight." To all the people who think they can take on the Government. Yeah, good luck taking down a tank with an AR-15.

View: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJMByCPUlr-iZ8OYOwEzBCSPrcZemaMkC

Illogical reasoning.
You’re making the (incorrect) assumption that the military will always side with its government.
History is rife with examples of military coups.

Don’t really expect a Canadian to understand the 2nd Amendment, or one who has long left the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Big/Sky/Fly

We're All In This Psyop Together...
Reaction score
Geoff James Nugent (Jim Jefferies) should stick to trying to be funny...he doesn't sound like his uncle Ted at all. :coffee:

deec77

Reaction score
Gun control absolutely works at preventing the populace from resisting tyranny. There is a reason why every notable fascist government in history has started with attempts to control the armament of the population. Regardless of whether or not it works to reduce crime (stats on that tend to back it causing an increase in violent crime, but a decrease in deaths as interactions are less fatal either way), the reason we have the 2nd amendment is we absolutely know with certainty it works to enable to government to act without meaningful opposition from the populace to strip them of any and all other rights.
Wounded Knee comes to mind........

~Dee~

johnlocke

Reaction score
I kinda love my state.

Looks like another win for the good guys.

Things are starting to look up in the most fundamental of issues, free speech and gun rights. We'll see if it keeps up.

1617376243604.png

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
Here it comes.

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
Knowing how executive actions and orders Work. I’m not worried. Remember trump eo’ing bump stock ban. Just recently it was said in court it is t a legal thing (if Supreme Court denies hearing it, ban is dead). Trump Gun Control Defeated by GOA! Bump Stocks Are NOT Machine Guns!
He seems to think that he can govern by EO's and continues to use them like they are the law of the land. Eventually he's going to overstep his bounds and is going get to slapped down by the SC.

Coltsfan2theend

Custom Titles, we don't need no custom titles
Reaction score
Don't you remember when he said he was going to EO a national mask mandate. Then the next day, "welp, I can't do that but I will advise states to do so and order it on federal property." He says a lot of things but finds out he doesn't have the power to do them at times. He may act like a dick at times but he is no dictator.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
Don't you remember when he said he was going to EO a national mask mandate. Then the next day, "welp, I can't do that but I will advise states to do so and order it on federal property." He says a lot of things but finds out he doesn't have the power to do them at times. He may act like a dick at times but he is no dictator.
His handlers are certainly trying....

Begs the question: Who is really in charge? Who is setting the policy and spoon feeding it to CJ (China Joe)?

Last edited:

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
He's obviously very dumb if he doesn't know what an EO can and can't be used for, which explains a lot of the things he does.

johnlocke

Reaction score

johnlocke

Reaction score
Screw you. There is nothing phony about the 2nd Amendment.

It is to protect the citizenry from the likes of your administration.

"Nothing, nothing I am about to recommend in any way impinges on the Second Amendment," the president said, calling arguments suggesting that those constitutional rights are at stake "phony."

johnlocke

Reaction score