Double OT: Pulp Fiction...riddle me this

sonsofkraftybob

Mmmmmm, feet! Nom, Nom, Nom.
Reaction score
I love Pulp Fiction. If I'm surfing and see it...I watch it. But there are a few things I need answers to. Someone help me with this.

#1. When Jules and Vincent go to the kids house to get the suitcase, they break in and the kids are eating Big Kahuna Burgers.

It's 7:00 AM. Who the F eats burgers at 7 in the morning? What place sells burgers at 7 in the morning...I know...it's LA and I have been there and it's a wierd place but seriously, burgers @ 7.....probably earlier because they are home...that means they got them a while before.

#2. When Marcellous calles the Wolf to clean up Vincents errant head shot in the Nova.....he's at a Black tie affair....some formal gathering in some fancy pants house....BUT IT'S LIKE 8:00AM!!!! Who has a black tie event in their house at 8 in the morning? WTF?

#3. After they drop off the Nova to Monster Joes to be crushed....Harvey Kietal asks Jules and Vincent if he can give them a lift somewhere.....when they tell him where they live he says "I see a cab in your future....move out of the sticks fellas"

Then he gets in his car....An ACURA NSX and speeds off. Thats a 2 seater car...where were they gonna sit if he DID give them a ride????

Help cuz this has been eating at me for like 10 years now.

Thanks, SOKB

#1 Leftovers
#2 Funeral home workers
#3 He was doing it to be nice

Lawyers ROFL

I can't answer any of those imponderables, SOKB. Good points from an analytical mind.

I myself wondered if the watch still worked after those years up Butchy's old man's ass.

sonsofkraftybob on 03-22-2007 at 11:41 AM said:
I love Pulp Fiction. If I'm surfing and see it...I watch it. But there are a few things I need answers to. Someone help me with this.

#1. When Jules and Vincent go to the kids house to get the suitcase, they break in and the kids are eating Big Kahuna Burgers.

It's 7:00 AM. Who the F eats burgers at 7 in the morning? What place sells burgers at 7 in the morning...I know...it's LA and I have been there and it's a wierd place but seriously, burgers @ 7.....probably earlier because they are home...that means they got them a while before.

#2. When Marcellous calles the Wolf to clean up Vincents errant head shot in the Nova.....he's at a Black tie affair....some formal gathering in some fancy pants house....BUT IT'S LIKE 8:00AM!!!! Who has a black tie event in their house at 8 in the morning? WTF?

#3. After they drop off the Nova to Monster Joes to be crushed....Harvey Kietal asks Jules and Vincent if he can give them a lift somewhere.....when they tell him where they live he says "I see a cab in your future....move out of the sticks fellas"

Then he gets in his car....An ACURA NSX and speeds off. Thats a 2 seater car...where were they gonna sit if he DID give them a ride????

Thanks, SOKB

Easy

It was in the script! :D

All good points. I had noticed that first item myself the last time I watched it. I have no answer.

babalu87 on 03-22-2007 at 11:44 AM said:
#1 Leftovers
#2 Funeral home workers
#3 He was doing it to be nice

Lawyers ROFL

I could count on the fingers of a double amputee how many times I saved fast food leftovers.

Good try though.

#2..good point to ponder.

#3...then he's a dick

1. :shrug:
2. I always thought the party was continuing from the night before; Wolf parties all night long, no sleep, no changing.
3. He never meant to give them a ride.

sonsofkraftybob on 03-22-2007 at 11:54 AM said:
I could count on the fingers of a double amputee how many times I saved fast food leftovers.

A Double cheeseburger 100 miles offshore thrown in the microwave for a few seconds is some damn fine eating :)

Canyon fishing > all :thumb:

sonsofkraftybob on 03-22-2007 at 12:04 PM said:
Damn PW02....you are wasting your talents over on orangemane...we could use your expertise on all things irrelevant over here more often:thumb:

:cool:

There's enough of me to go around. ROFL

BTW, I go to that site now every time I get hooked on a movie and see it multiple times.

For example, I love the movie Tombstone and have seen it 20+ times. If you remember the scene where Curly Bill shoots the town Marshall while on an opium high you can see that the Marshall clearly has a cord running up his pantleg prior to the gunshot wound he is about to receive.

Now, I can't NOT look at the cord.

sonsofkraftybob on 03-22-2007 at 11:41 AM said:

Thanks, SOKB
The only one I can speculate on is #1. It's LA. And in LA, some shit is open twenny fo' seven.

Hell, when I lived in New York, there were barber shops open all damn night where I could get a nice high-top fade at any hour of the day.

1) I don't like traditional breakfast foods. I'll take a burger over cold cereal and a waffle any day.

2) Don't know.

3) I agree with Raven here. And yes, he was a dick.

For you SOKB (and cause I SO don't feel like working right now) - I went and juggled the 3 remotes and queued the applicable scenes up.

#1 - 7:22 am + the couple of minutes they stepped aside to finish their debate on foot massages. They can't be leftovers - Brett's Sprite is choc full of ice.

Big Kahuna burger is a recurring item in QT movies - Reservoir dogs, Dusk Til Dawn, True Romance... that's probably the only reason it's there. Big Kahuna's motto is "We Want to take your money" - sounds to me like they'd sell you rat on a stick at 6am if you asked for it :)

#2 - There is gambling going on in the background (clearly heard "place your bets" while Mr. Wolf was on the phone). Still odd so early in the morning, but maybe it's a continuation of the activities from the night before? Side note - I think it's a hotel, not someone's house... but I could be wrong.

#3 - Mr wolf offered them a ride, he didn't offer them comfort :p they could probably have fit in the trunk...

HelenaHandbsket on 03-22-2007 at 12:29 PM said:
For you SOKB (and cause I SO don't feel like working right now) - I went and juggled the 3 remotes and queued the applicable scenes up.

#1 - 7:22 am + the couple of minutes they stepped aside to finish their debate on foot massages. They can't be leftovers - Brett's Sprite is choc full of ice.

Big Kahuna burger is a recurring item in QT movies - Reservoir dogs, Dusk Til Dawn, True Romance... that's probably the only reason it's there. Big Kahuna's motto is "We Want to take your money" - sounds to me like they'd sell you rat on a stick at 6am if you asked for it :)

#2 - There is gambling going on in the background (clearly heard "place your bets" while Mr. Wolf was on the phone). Still odd so early in the morning, but maybe it's a continuation of the activities from the night before? Side note - I think it's a hotel, not someone's house... but I could be wrong.

#3 - Mr wolf offered them a ride, he didn't offer them comfort :p they could probably have fit in the trunk...

You are good you. Thanks HH

PatsWin2002 on 03-22-2007 at 10:56 AM said:
You will probably enjoy this if you like that movie so much. Page 1 of 3:

http://www.moviemistakes.com/film1025

Great site.

I check it out occasionally, especially when I notice something not right in a movie.

Most mistakes tend to be editing.

You know, in one shot the person is standing in one place, they shoot to the other person for a second then back to the first person who is in a different spot than the first shot.

But some mistakes are so stupid and obvious you wonder how the hell they didn't get caught by one of the few dozen of people who would have seen it before release. :shake:

Yeah thats a great movie. Great dialogue. Heres one thing i always wondered about. Several times during the movie they seem to purposely zoom in on the back of marcellis's head. And more to the point the bandaid on the back of his neck. I thought there should be some reason for this. But hell if i can figure it out.

#1 - Maybe they went to the Olympia Restaurant. :D (No fries - cheeps!)

So getting back to our discussion from before...

You ever given a guy a foot massage?

snugmat on 03-22-2007 at 05:28 PM said:
Yeah thats a great movie. Great dialogue. Heres one thing i always wondered about. Several times during the movie they seem to purposely zoom in on the back of marcellis's head. And more to the point the bandaid on the back of his neck. I thought there should be some reason for this. But hell if i can figure it out.
That bandaid is to cover the hole where they took his soul from. That's why when Vincent opens the briefcase it looks all golden, his soul was in it. Or at least that's what I've heard about it. Check out the big brain on Brad. Your a smart mfer, that's right the metric system. One of my favorite movies, a true classic.

Back