Drew Bledsoe

Interesting article.

Interesting article.
Too much of a hit piece for me.

I followed the Patriots casually before they drafted Bledsoe but he was the biggest reason that I became a big Patriots fan. I was a bit obsessed. I have a pretty big collection of his rookie cards as well as an autograph. At the time I was pissed about the whole Brady situation. I finally accepted that Belichick made the right call in going with Brady. That being said, Bledsoe had every right to be bitter over the whole situation. I'm just glad that he didn't hold a grudge.

I followed the Patriots casually before they drafted Bledsoe but he was the biggest reason that I became a big Patriots fan. I was a bit obsessed. I have a pretty big collection of his rookie cards as well as an autograph. At the time I was pissed about the whole Brady situation. I finally accepted that Belichick made the right call in going with Brady. That being said, Bledsoe had every right to be bitter over the whole situation. I'm just glad that he didn't hold a grudge.
I was a Patriots fan starting with an earlier era, just a few years after they came into existence, when Gino and Jim Nance and Earthquake Hunt were the stars.

But I was a huge Bledsoe fan, too. He was a lot of fun to watch - I still recall fondly the shootout he had with Marino where they both threw for over 400 yards.

However, it was clear Bledsoe had plateaued by the year 2000, and wasn't going to get any better.

When Belichick decided to go with Brady after Drew was healthy again I thought that he (Belichick) had made the right decision.

Last edited:
Back