Eagles To Interview Josh McDaniels

Eagles To Interview Josh McDaniels

January 16th, 2021 at 2:15pm CST by Sam Robinson
After an unusually quiet start to his offseason, Josh McDaniels will be part of this year’s HC interview circuit after all. The Patriots OC will meet with the Eagles about their top coaching job, Bo Wulf and Zac Jackson of The Athletic report (subscription required).
The frequently sought-after coordinator will meet with Jeffrey Lurie on Sunday. While McDaniels is certainly one of the more polarizing candidates available, he has already begun recruiting staffers in the event he can land the Philadelphia gig, per Jackson and Wulf. That strategy turned out to have notable consequences in Indianapolis.
McDaniels spurning the Colts three years ago led to the Eagles losing OC Frank Reich. Their offense has not been quite the same since, and the unit cratered this season. McDaniels, however, is not coming off his best season. While he was in place as Patriots OC when Tom Brady began his rise into an all-time great, McDaniels could not coax much from New England’s Cam Newton-directed offense. However, the Patriots battled frequent injury issues and have not had much in the way of weaponry over the past two seasons.
RETWEETSHARESEND VIA EMAIL

How would y’all feel with josh not being the next coach of the Patriots?

I mean, I’m ok with it.

The eagles though? I figured he’d have targeted a team like the chargers.

McD was great with the GOAT and that can't be denied.
He is 28-41 without TB. His offenses w/out Brady since 2005 rank 26th in points scored.
Cam looked worse than anyone could have imagined last year.

Lurie is a Boston native. He tried to buy the Pats 26 years ago. Maybe he'll buy McDaniels instead.

Next question: who becomes our OC?

McD was great with the GOAT and that can't be denied.
He is 28-41 without TB. His offenses w/out Brady since 2005 rank 26th in points scored.
Cam looked worse than anyone could have imagined last year.

Lurie is a Boston native. He tried to buy the Pats 26 years ago. Maybe he'll buy McDaniels instead.

Next question: who becomes our OC?
That is the BIG question. A lot I think depends on who our QB is and how Bill envisions the offense.

BTW, Byron Leftwich got an interview in Atlanta for their HC. That is what one season with the GOAT as your QB will do for your career. McD should have jumped when he had Brady. His star will never be that high again.

With the situation in Philly he would be setting himself up for failure. Seems ownership chose Wentz over Pederson and they are in deep cap hell with several high paid aging vets. I'd steer clear of I were him although I wouldn't be so opposted to him leaving given how bad the offense has looked the last two seasons.

They're saying the interview went well. Josh flew in to Palm Beach, and interviewed with Jeff Lurie and members of the Eagles front office for hours.

I can’t help but think back to watching Maroney get stuffed running up the middle out of shotgun. Every single time. Every single time.

I hope he leaves, and I’ll wish him the best. I guess he was better than O’Brien.

I can’t help but think back to watching Maroney get stuffed running up the middle out of shotgun. Every single time. Every single time.

I hope he leaves, and I’ll wish him the best. I guess he was better than O’Brien.
O'Brien was actually pretty decent in college. He turned around Penn State pretty fast. He might find his niche there (again). GM though, LMAO.

Back