Early 2023 Predictions??

BigKen

Reaction score
The 2023 Draft is two days away. Assuming that BB and Groh fill every hole, How do think the Patriots will finish this year?

After free agency, I don't see an improvement in this team after the losses. They were 8-9 with shitty coaching. The schedule in 2023 is brutal.

6-11

I’m going with the annual Michigan Dave prediction and that is 20 and 0.

friends sleep GIF

The 2023 Draft is two days away. Assuming that BB and Groh fill every hole, How do think the Patriots will finish this year?

After free agency, I don't see an improvement in this team after the losses. They were 8-9 with shitty coaching. The schedule in 2023 is brutal.

6-11

NJ.com agrees with you Ken. They use Ben Volin's words to support their theory.

We'll see soon enough.
For me, QB efficiency with Mac is the key to the season.

Ben Volin of the Boston Globe sounds more like Sad Violin as he examines what the trade means in Foxborough. The headline: “With Aaron Rodgers joining the Jets, the Patriots are looking like the doormats of the AFC East.”For 20 years, the Patriots bullied their AFC East rivals, compiling a .750 divisional winning percentage between 2000-19 (93-31) that was by far the best in the NFL. They consistently and reliably beat up on the woeful Bills (35-5), Jets (30-10), and Dolphins (25-15) en route to 17 division titles and six Super Bowl championships.Those days are long past. To paraphrase Harvey Dent and Dan Shaughnessy, “You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the Tomato Cans.”The Patriots’ standing as AFC East doormats was reinforced Monday when the Jets finalized their trade for quarterback Aaron Rodgers ahead of Thursday’s NFL Draft. ...
Volin points out that the Patriots will play two games apiece against these players:

— Bills QB Josh Allen, who has finished in the top three in scoring in three straight years and is 6-1 against the Patriots in that span.

— Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa, who was the highest-rated quarterback in the NFL last year and has two of the most explosive receivers Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle.

— Rodgers, who was NFL MVP in 2020 and 2021 and joins a Jets team loaded with young talent.

And just wait until the Dolphins sign Tom Brady in August. I’m kidding, but not really.

The Patriots are 9-10 in the division since Brady left, and they don’t appear to be strengthening with a weak-armed quarterback (who might not even be the starter when the season opens), a shuffled coaching staff with a new offensive coordinator and a new world order in the AFC East.

Volin adds: “With Rodgers, the Jets are the sharks and the Patriots are the chum.”

The Rodgers trade.Does put more pressure. On BB to have strong Draft. To turn the team around. If not he could suffer the same fate as Tom Laundry.

I don't care what the schedule is. We've had "tough" schedules before but that is what I want. If you want to win a Super Bowl you won't find out who you
are until you face whatever is in front of you. Besides, predicting who will be better or worse at this point in the offseason means making a ton of assumptions
when there is still plenty of work to be done and you never know who will lose a QB or a couple of Superstars.

6-11?

The horses are a long way from leaving the gate.

The Rodgers trade.Does put more pressure. On BB to have strong Draft. To turn the team around. If not he could suffer the same fate as Tom Laundry.
I agree. The good news is the draft is in two days. We will know a lot more by the weekend.

I'm gonna guess that they will have a winning record.

Back