Edelman admits to faking injury?

HipKat

Buffalo to The Bone!!
Reaction score
https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/23/julian-edelman-try-to-sell-injury-bills-jordan-poyer/

During the Bills’ Week 16 meeting at New England with the Patriots, it looked like receiver Julian Edelman was down for the count.

Instead, he later returned and was a thorn in the side of the Bills.

On a crossing route, one Edelman often frequents, he collided with Bills safety Jordan Poyer.

Via Boston.com, Edelman admitted after the game it was a sham. He was faking, and was later evaluated for a head injury in a league often criticized for such bumps.

“I was trying to sell it,” Edelman said. “Hopefully, they didn’t see it.”

I thought it was pretty obvious, he acted like he got knocked out then popped right back up. I fail to see what advantage there was to gain from it, there was no injury timeout and he lost snaps because of it. The only advantage I've seen from faking an injury was on the D-side when trying to slow a no huddle offense. I'm sure people will whine and cry about it nonetheless.

To the benefit of the Bills, since he was taken out for evaluation for about a quarter.

Lol...........I thought it was pretty obvious he was faking it but will also say that that call was bogus and probably wouldn't have been called if he hadn't acted like he had been shot by a sniper.

Lol...........I thought it was pretty obvious he was faking it but will also say that that call was bogus and probably wouldn't have been called if he hadn't acted like he had been shot by a sniper.

He should have started squirming around like one of his videos...lmao.

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

I am not even sure if it is a penalty of any kind for an OFFENSIVE side player to fake an injury.

Big Ben would have gotten like, a bajillion OscarTheGrouch/s by now for that. :coffee:

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/23/julian-edelman-try-to-sell-injury-bills-jordan-poyer/

During the Bills’ Week 16 meeting at New England with the Patriots, it looked like receiver Julian Edelman was down for the count.

Instead, he later returned and was a thorn in the side of the Bills.

On a crossing route, one Edelman often frequents, he collided with Bills safety Jordan Poyer.

Via Boston.com, Edelman admitted after the game it was a sham. He was faking, and was later evaluated for a head injury in a league often criticized for such bumps.

“I was trying to sell it,” Edelman said. “Hopefully, they didn’t see it.”
I've seen better acting in an elementary school play!! Edelman sold nothing but a trip to the blue tent and the locker room for a quick dump.

Well he fooled me. Or maybe he's fooling all of you who believe what he said about "faking it".

Well he fooled me. Or maybe he's fooling all of you who believe what he said about "faking it".

No way. Just watch it, as soon as he sees the flag he gets up. According to the rule on NFL.com, faking an injury is only a penalty when trying to delay the game by the defense. They should change that this offseason, even though they gave Edelman a penalty for OPI anyway.

Not sure he faked injury. HE said he was selling getting hit. Faking injury is like where a defensive player will fall down when the other team is driving to let them rest. There is no benefit of Edelman faking injury.

I thought it was pretty obvious, he acted like he got knocked out then popped right back up. I fail to see what advantage there was to gain from it, there was no injury timeout and he lost snaps because of it. The only advantage I've seen from faking an injury was on the D-side when trying to slow a no huddle offense. I'm sure people will whine and cry about it nonetheless.

Yeah, and that's why I posted it as a question because I see no advantage to it

Not sure he faked injury. HE said he was selling getting hit. Faking injury is like where a defensive player will fall down when the other team is driving to let them rest. There is no benefit of Edelman faking injury.
he faked it more than RG's real doll with battery powered grip.

he tried selling it more than the "me so horny" chick or julia Roberts in Pretty Woman!!!

Yeah, and that's why I posted it as a question because I see no advantage to it
he tried to make it look accidental, absolutely no reason not to.... but three flags came in so he popped back up and carried on with life.

I still say he was not faking it. For what purpose would he fake it?

A hit like that would stun people if not knock him out, and that is what I think happened- he was stunned - no shame in that. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Merry Christmas to all.

I still say he was not faking it. For what purpose would he fake it?

A hit like that would stun people if not knock him out, and that is what I think happened- he was stunned - no shame in that. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Merry Christmas to all.
Maybe but why would he lie about faking it? He already passed the concussion tests and all he's doing is leaving himself open for a fine. He gains absolutely nothing by lying, he can only lose.

FYI ESanders and the Steelers got fined for faking an injury so there is precedence.

EDIT: I guess saying he was trying to sell it doesn't necessarily mean he was faking, but if it was enough to knock him out or at least nearly, I don't see him popping back up without being at least a little woozy.

he faked it more than RG's real doll with battery powered grip.

he tried selling it more than the "me so horny" chick or julia Roberts in Pretty Woman!!!

he tried to make it look accidental, absolutely no reason not to.... but three flags came in so he popped back up and carried on with life.

He never said he faked injury.....as I said. He was selling the hit so he would not get called for OPI. Thats different than faking injury as there would be no reason to fake injury.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Maybe but why would he lie about faking it? He already passed the concussion tests and all he's doing is leaving himself open for a fine. He gains absolutely nothing by lying, he can only lose.

FYI ESanders and the Steelers got fined for faking an injury so there is precedence.

EDIT: I guess saying he was trying to sell it doesn't necessarily mean he was faking, but if it was enough to knock him out or at least nearly, I don't see him popping back up without being at least a little woozy.

Once again. he did not say he was faking injury. He said he was selling the hit. Nowhere did he say he was faking injury. Faking injury would happen if you were trying to stop the clock.

Back