Edelman at practice today

He's still got that big lag screw right down the bone marrow which will help hold the fractured ends in place and that would help with the pain. I'm sure they used platelet rich plasma to speed up the healing process and probably also a small electric current across the bone to speed things up too. The screw stays in forever normally.

looks painful

looks painful

The screw may be uncomfortable for a couple of weeks. After that the body accommodates, the nerve endings have died and all is pretty good. By 3 weeks the new bone is modeling to fit and gaining strength by calcification every day. By 3 wks the new bone is hard and can be difficult to break...maybe 40% of eventual strength but still hardened. By 6 wks some 75-80% of bone healing has occurred and there's functional strength. Pain tolerance shouldn't be too bad for the normal person at 5-6 wks post-op. Edelman's extreme forces aren't normal so maybe an extra wk for perfect conditions.

As long as he, Gronk, Brady, and Amendola all stay health for the remainered of the 2015 season, we have a real serious shot at SB50.

Let's put it this way if it wasn't for doctors and the team actually caring about their players. Edelman would be out there right now. That's the type of person he is. Look at him coming back to bring the spirits up from the other players. He's the heart of this team. Another patriot story. 7th rounder that Brady had to begin to trust and has become greater than Welker.

Let's put it this way if it wasn't for doctors and the team actually caring about their players. Edelman would be out there right now. That's the type of person he is. Look at him coming back to bring the spirits up from the other players. He's the heart of this team. Another patriot story. 7th rounder that Brady had to begin to trust and has become greater than Welker.

I completely agree. This was done to bring motivation to the team after two crap losses. He came out in shells to just run around but his presence spoke volumes I am sure to the team. And him running around with Gronk was not by accident either. Bill is the master motivator. And you are right, Edelman is already greater than Welker.

I completely agree. This was done to bring motivation to the team after two crap losses. He came out in shells to just run around but his presence spoke volumes I am sure to the team. And him running around with Gronk was not by accident either. Bill is the master motivator. And you are right, Edelman is already greater than Welker.

Now that a lot better. Just have him do some warmup & Limted practice . Maybe he can show Lefell & Martin how to catch the damn ball

They already said Edelman is out vs Texans. However I am starting to believe that Gronk will play maybe only half as many plays as he normally would but still plays.

Now that a lot better. Just have him do some warmup & Limted practice . Maybe he can show Lefell & Martin how to catch the damn ball

LaFell had a lot of rust to work off. He has gotten a little better each week. Only 2 of the incompletes can be called his fault against the Eagles.

LaFell had a lot of rust to work off. He has gotten a little better each week. Only 2 of the incompletes can be called his fault against the Eagles.

I heard on the radio the other day that Lafell has dropped more passes this year than half the receivers that have played all year. Not sure how accurate that is.

Also quitting on routes. After brady catch . You could see Lefell slow down & quit on the route. That led to Brady 2 int of the game. I repeat the rust excuse are over.

Also quitting on routes. After brady catch . You could see Lefell slow down & quit on the route. That led to Brady 2 int of the game. I repeat the rust excuse are over.

As for the 2nd int On Monday, Brady talked about the interception that shouldn't have been one.

"I was actually trying to throw the ball away," Brady said on WEEI. "I knew I didn't have anyone, and I saw kind of the back of the end zone. I wasn't trying to complete the pass. I just didn't get as much on it as I would have wanted to, and it ended up being just a bad play. That's just a mental mistake/physical mistake, and I shouldn't have those."

It appeared on the play that Brandon LaFell cut his route short rather than continuing it into the end zone. But according to Brady, it was a mistake on his part -- and a big one, too.

"I've got to put that ball on the sideline," he said. "That's where I've got to put that ball." Now the fact is we do not know what the communication between LaFell and Brady was. There may or may not have been an intended adjustment of the route.

As for the 2nd int On Monday, Brady talked about the interception that shouldn't have been one.

"I was actually trying to throw the ball away," Brady said on WEEI. "I knew I didn't have anyone, and I saw kind of the back of the end zone. I wasn't trying to complete the pass. I just didn't get as much on it as I would have wanted to, and it ended up being just a bad play. That's just a mental mistake/physical mistake, and I shouldn't have those."

It appeared on the play that Brandon LaFell cut his route short rather than continuing it into the end zone. But according to Brady, it was a mistake on his part -- and a big one, too.

"I've got to put that ball on the sideline," he said. "That's where I've got to put that ball." Now the fact is we do not know what the communication between LaFell and Brady was. There may or may not have been an intended adjustment of the route.

He's not Manning who would have thrown Lefell under the bus for giving up on the route.

He's not Manning who would have thrown Lefell under the bus for giving up on the route.

Exactly, Manning would never have admitted to trying to throw the ball away and failing miserably. He would have pretended he was targeting his receiver and then would have chewed him out on the sideline.

I think some has been miscommunications. Brady is not going to say a guy cut his route off even if he did. Just not his style.

LaFell was triple-covered on that play. No way in a million years he thinks the ball is coming his way, and even if he ran out the route to the very end, he wasn't going to be anywhere near the ball, and it would have been an INT anyway.

But it's LaFell's fault. I guess he's your new Amendola? :coffee:

Back