Edelman at practice today

LaFell was triple-covered on that play. No way in a million years he thinks the ball is coming his way, and even if he ran out the route to the very end, he wasn't going to be anywhere near the ball, and it would have been an INT anyway.

But it's LaFell's fault. I guess he's your new Amendola? :coffee:

Until he starts Catching the ball. Not Quitting on routes . I will keep calling him out . I repeat the knocking off rust excuses are over.

LaFell was triple-covered on that play. No way in a million years he thinks the ball is coming his way, and even if he ran out the route to the very end, he wasn't going to be anywhere near the ball, and it would have been an INT anyway.

But it's LaFell's fault. I guess he's your new Amendola? :coffee:

Int was not his fault, quitting on the route was his fault...You speak highly of these high expectations of players on the pats, maybe you should have it for all players. If we have a receiver who thinks a ball is not coming his way, then we need to find a different receiver, that is not how you play the game. He has not reached a level on the pats were he gets the benefit of the doubt. He is top 5 in drops and has only played a few games. Being lazy on top of that does not really bode well, and I bet he heard about it in the film room. Brady f'd up, Brady threw it bad, its brady's fault, with that said, run out your freaking route.

LaFell really isn't that good. Last year was most likely his best year.

Brady isn't perfect either...especially the last few weeks.

Hopefully both will play much better for the rest of the year.

Lafell is fie, but there is a reason he was not resigned by a team that needed receivers. NOt sure anyone is looking for perfection. Just average would be good.

I completely agree. This was done to bring motivation to the team after two crap losses. He came out in shells to just run around but his presence spoke volumes I am sure to the team. And him running around with Gronk was not by accident either. Bill is the master motivator. And you are right, Edelman is already greater than Welker.

I agree. Look at how Gronk played yesterday. He still looks a little slow but we have Gronks spirit up. I cannot wait until Edelman gets back. And than the FU tour continues

Until he starts Catching the ball. Not Quitting on routes . I will keep calling him out . I repeat the knocking off rust excuses are over.

What if Jojo catches 11 receptions, 2 TDs against the panthers in SB50. Will he be your favorite player?

I think some has been miscommunications. Brady is not going to say a guy cut his route off even if he did. Just not his style.

I agree there has been some miscommunication. But I don't see LaFell as being a sloppy as some others seem to. In many games guys who don't regularly drop passes have done so.

So let it be written ,so let it be done...

I agree though... he needs to finish his job. You're job is to run the route so RUN THE ****ING ROUTE

In his 5 seasons before this one he has 231 receptions for 3,338 yards and 20 TDs. This is really good for being with the Panthers for 4 of those seasons.
Edelman wasn't even close to those numbers. Nor was Wes Welker.

What if Jojo catches 11 receptions, 2 TDs against the panthers in SB50. Will he be your favorite player?

It took him until after Amendola's playoff run last year to get of his case. So probably the same thing.

I agree there has been some miscommunication. But I don't see LaFell as being a sloppy as some others seem to. In many games guys who don't regularly drop passes have done so.

This. He had one rough game, his first game back after a months-long layoff.

I don't know what people expect from him exactly. He's a better version of Brandon Lloyd, and does that well. He's far and away the best blocking WR on the team.

Stop with the "quitting on routes" shit, seriously. That's a Brady problem, not a LaFell problem.

This. He had one rough game, his first game back after a months-long layoff.

I don't know what people expect from him exactly. He's a better version of Brandon Lloyd, and does that well. He's far and away the best blocking WR on the team.

Stop with the "quitting on routes" shit, seriously. That's a Brady problem, not a LaFell problem.

What do we expect from him? I thought there was a high standard on this team. I think all we really expect is to get open and catch the ball. Right now, teams can single him up and not really worry about him. If that is the standard, then ok I guess, he is not doing either well. I thought it was ok to call out players around here who are not measuring up. He needed to step up when Edelman went down, he didn't. Hell even Martin did.

What do we expect from him? I thought there was a high standard on this team. I think all we really expect is to get open and catch the ball. Right now, teams can single him up and not really worry about him.

He was the 2nd leading receiver last night (tops in # of catches). He hasn't been "singled up" since Edelman got hurt.

If that is the standard, then ok I guess, he is not doing either well. I thought it was ok to call out players around here who are not measuring up. He needed to step up when Edelman went down, he didn't. Hell even Martin did.

LaFell has more catches in the last 3 games (since Edelman got hurt), than Keyshawn Martin has as a Patriot.

A little perspective would be nice, folks. :coffee:

In his 5 seasons before this one he has 231 receptions for 3,338 yards and 20 TDs. This is really good for being with the Panthers for 4 of those seasons.
Edelman wasn't even close to those numbers. Nor was Wes Welker.

I'm indifferent about him. I didn't expect him to do much as a Pat. Last year he had a great year. He isn't that good though. Whatev...

However, I do want him to be awesome...I want all Pats players to be awesome.

When the team is healthy LaFell is our no 5 ball catcher(Behind Edelman, Amendola, Gronk and Lewis). He's had to fill inn as no 1 or 2 for some games lately and done a decent job. I don't think we should expect more.

He was the 2nd leading receiver last night (tops in # of catches). He hasn't been "singled up" since Edelman got hurt.

LaFell has more catches in the last 3 games (since Edelman got hurt), than Keyshawn Martin has as a Patriot.

A little perspective would be nice, folks. :coffee:

Yes he has been singled up. If a team double teams Lafell, Gronk would have 30 catches in a game. I just thought you had higher standards for Patriots players...

Yes he has been singled up. If a team double teams Lafell, Gronk would have 30 catches in a game. I just thought you had higher standards for Patriots players...

He actually had done well. Dropped a lot of passes but once we get him to comeback to his form last year I bet we won't be having this problem. Like I said he's saving his performance for Carolina

Defense only plays 3 guys?

LaFell is manned with safety help deep virtually the entire game. Gronk is usually covered with a linebacker and corner (sometimes safety) bracket. This gives Amendola single coverage short, and usually Chandler draws a single linebacker. Keyshawn Martin, also singled when he plays. Running Backs rarely draw an actual coverage unless they're split out.

LaFell plays virtually every snap of every game. Again, I don't know what you're expecting from the guy. He's the best WR blocker on the team, and when Brady throws him a ball in his area code when he's not blanketed, he usually catches it, save for his first game. The fact that LaFell gets as many "targets" as he does is a testament to LaFell's ability to beat coverage. You'll notice a difference when Edelman is back in the fold, and no one but Gronk can be legitimately doubled.

Back