I finally went into a recently opened weed store just down the street, prior to a camping trip.

I ordered a bad of 5mg. gummies that were supposed to be a blend, primarily indica, that would be a relaxing, pain relieving experience with a decent buzz
but nothing too overpowering.

I found cutting even that dose in half was about right for me, but I did a whole one at the Dallas game and I had a really good time and it wore off about the time I was driving home.

I did not find that it took a real long time to feel the effects coming on. 20 to 30 minutes or so and folks I shared them with felt the same way.

I liked them for occasional use. I think I prefer it to smoking, but more research is needed.

In addition to the game I took some at a wedding reception and then a museum and think it is very handy to enhance certain experiences while controlling the process and not
smelling like a skunk. They were odorless, which is a huge plus for me.

I think what happens is, people miss on the science of it and the approach, have a bad experience and don't realize if they just kind of figure it out with baby steps, it's great and pleasurable with no negatives to it. It's simply different than inhaling smoke.

People see a brownie and just think "yummy, a brownie, let me have two!". No. God no.

Whenever I do a batch, I eat half of the brownie just to make sure even though everything I get and what everyone should have access to is the high end 20-25% THC stuff that's out there. Better quality than 15-20 years ago, you smoke less, you buy less, IMO. I know people that smoke way too much and I can't relate to it.
Dude, I've had a lot of baked edibles. It's not like I'm a novice. That particular Gummy had an extremely high level of THC. My buddy's kid who got them said he only eats half and he's a big-time Meth addict

I finally went into a recently opened weed store just down the street, prior to a camping trip.

I ordered a bad of 5mg. gummies that were supposed to be a blend, primarily indica, that would be a relaxing, pain relieving experience with a decent buzz
but nothing too overpowering.

I found cutting even that dose in half was about right for me, but I did a whole one at the Dallas game and I had a really good time and it wore off about the time I was driving home.

I did not find that it took a real long time to feel the effects coming on. 20 to 30 minutes or so and folks I shared them with felt the same way.

I liked them for occasional use. I think I prefer it to smoking, but more research is needed.

In addition to the game I took some at a wedding reception and then a museum and think it is very handy to enhance certain experiences while controlling the process and not
smelling like a skunk. They were odorless, which is a huge plus for me.
In my opinion, edibles are absolutely the way to go...the body buzz cannot be replicated via smoking it. Everyone has to experiment themselves with their appropriate dosage however.

Dude, I've had a lot of baked edibles. It's not like I'm a novice. That particular Gummy had an extremely high level of THC. My buddy's kid who got them said he only eats half and he's a big-time Meth addict
Meth is a shitty, shitty drug. Cannabis is medicine in my opinion. Psilocybin too.

I just ground up a few colas (buds). dumped all of the powder into a dollop of whipped cream. stirred it all up. Perfect for dipping whatever goes along with a dollop of whipped cream. My body is a buzzing...you can't get any simpler than this.

Ok. Just trying to help. lmao

Am I THAT naive about this stuff (I asked myself while reading this thread)?

Holy shit. How many folks do I pass on the street, sit near at dinner out or at the movies that are stoned? Based on this thread it must be more than I thought. A lot more.

It's been 20 years for me and even then it was maybe once a year and always at a party after a few (or more) cocktails while my judgement was impaired. All drugs, prescribed or casual) seem to have a stronger effect on me than others. I almost never take 2 Advil for pain for instance. Alcohol is the same way so in that sense I am a cheap drunk. Reading the above informs me a little about edibles given the wildly varying takes and potential for too much.

Holy shit. How many folks do I pass on the street, sit near at dinner out or at the movies that are stoned? Based on this thread it must be more than I thought. A lot more.

It's been 20 years for me and even then it was maybe once a year and always at a party after a few (or more) cocktails while my judgement was impaired. All drugs, prescribed or casual) seem to have a stronger effect on me than others. I almost never take 2 Advil for pain for instance. Alcohol is the same way so in that sense I am a cheap drunk. Reading the above informs me a little about edibles given the wildly varying takes and potential for too much.
Pretty much everyone I know uses Marijuana, in all walks of life and income levels

Pretty much everyone I know uses Marijuana, in all walks of life and income levels
My kids are home from school for the holiday. I just asked two of them about weed usage at parties at school (U of D Mercy and MSU) they guessed about 25-40% but said people aren't very open about it. They both have pretty active greek social lives so they have good handle on what is going on.

I didn't ask them if they did it. They didn't offer if they did either. Answers from them were conversational and were matter of fact. Weird.

Hipkat is correct. My aunt in Plymouth shops regularly and has been a toker her whole life, right on down to people I work with (highly intelligent, multiple degrees, etc), to half of my friends to other friends who don’t.

I am a two puff kinda guy with some nice wine, bourbon or beer in my downtime and on weekends. Anything more than a couple tokes every 90 mins or so is a waster, IMO.

When I first moved to Chicago over 15 years ago, I was stunned I actually had options to choose from. Now, in legal states, it has certainly changed.

I work with a guy who is on the ball but smokes all day and night. He thinks it helps anxiety and it probably does, but his budget is insane which to me is insane, but it's a free country. He also works from home.

I also know people who don’t like alcohol and its aftereffects and choose the healthier route (not that ingesting smoke is healthy).

Last edited:
I am a two puff kinda guy with some nice wine, bourbon or beer in my downtime and on weekends. Anything more than a couple tokes every 90 mins or so is a waster, IMO.
Totally agree and another thing, while I would have said this was never possible a year ago, I only get my medicine from a Dispensary anymore. SLight cost increase but I know what I'm getting and I get what I want, which is pure or heavy blend Sativa

Totally agree and another thing, while I would have said this was never possible a year ago, I only get my medicine from a Dispensary anymore. SLight cost increase but I know what I'm getting and I get what I want, which is pure or heavy blend Sativa
I prefer Sativa as well. I am not legal but everything I get comes from CA and is a hybrid. Can’t complain. Never smelled stuff so good.

__7beaa63e01d27f909ff20a265ad654e4_width-600.jpeg

These would make for some amazing edibles!

Not an edible but I tried that wax stuff... Took 2 nice hits and after 5 minutes I was seeing tracers. Ended up going to bed at like 6:30pm on a Friday night. Woke up at about 2am and I was still seeing tracers. Slept until 11am and when I woke up, I shit you not, I was still fucked up... No more wax for me, just break up a bud and pack it in the bowl thank you very much...

Not an edible but I tried that wax stuff... Took 2 nice hits and after 5 minutes I was seeing tracers. Ended up going to bed at like 6:30pm on a Friday night. Woke up at about 2am and I was still seeing tracers. Slept until 11am and when I woke up, I shit you not, I was still fucked up... No more wax for me, just break up a bud and pack it in the bowl thank you very much...
I have a cousin who does that stuff...every day.

Back