Eli Benched

Mazz22

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies.
Reaction score
Streak is over. Geno Smith to start.

This is a sad day. This effectively means that the Pats are never going to get another shot at the Giants in the Super Bowl. :sulk:

Poor lil Eli. What's a Manning to do? :shrug_n:

Poor lil Eli. What's a Manning to do? :shrug_n:

I'm no fan of Eli's, but, in all honesty, I think this is disgraceful. Whatever he is or isn't, he is a 2x SB champion. They weren't going anywhere this year, so let him finish out the season instead of shaming him.

Just my opinion.

I'm no fan of Eli's, but, in all honesty, I think this is disgraceful. Whatever he is or isn't, he is a 2x SB champion. They weren't going anywhere this year, so let him finish out the season instead of shaming him.

Just my opinion.

Honestly it's my opinion, too. McAdoo is taking a huge risk with this move unless it was Mara's idea to begin with. I wonder how the locker room is reacting.

Honestly it's my opinion, too. McAdoo is taking a huge risk with this move unless it was Mara's idea to begin with. I wonder how the locker room is reacting.

McAdoo has been a disaster. I can't imagine the locker room is very happy right now.

The real question is this: how many game-worn Eli jerseys will be available from now till the end of the year?

0?

10?

100?

Enquiring minds want to know.

With 5 games to go, this seems like a ridiculous move especially if the starter is Geno. Let Eli finish out the string keep his streak going and then go play somewhere else.

It is moves like these that make me appreciate BB all the more and his handling of Brady over the years as well as other vets who have given their heart and soul to the team. He has always had such a great sense of history and would never pull the carpet out from someone with that type of record on the line. It is disgraceful IMO and I hate the Giants but Eli deserved better. Shame on Reese and Mara.

I pretty much agree it's a raw deal for Manning. He's a vet and not a diva at all and has earned some measure of respect. The Giants season is toast so not sure what's to be gained with a QB change at this point. It would almost be more respectful to release him, honestly, and someone would pick him up in a hurry.

OTOH generally enjoying the Giants meltdown, and I'm sure Coughlin is.

Good article that explains the benching and what it means for Eli.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-g...ing-of-the-end-for-eli-manning-and-the-giants

It left out the obvious.

Draft position.

Right now they have the 3rd pick.

If they win one more they would fall at least to 4th and possibly 5th (not sure how the tiebreakers work out with Chicago, they beat Denver so lose that tiebreaker).

If SF wins one more, they move up to #2.

So benching Eli improves their chances of ending the season with 2 wins, and maximizing their odds for as high a draft pick as possible.

If they have decided to move on from him, benching him maximizes their draft position potential.

It's mercenary, but logical.

Good. Screw him.

"Waaa! If I have to play for the Chargers, I won't play at all! My daddy said I don't have to! Waaa!"

He was too good to play for the 4-12 Chargers. I laugh at his sorry ass for not being good enough to play for the 2-9 Giants. He was benched after his first start and benched after his last.

Also, fvck him.

It left out the obvious.

Draft position.

Right now they have the 3rd pick.

If they win one more they would fall at least to 4th and possibly 5th (not sure how the tiebreakers work out with Chicago, they beat Denver so lose that tiebreaker).

If SF wins one more, they move up to #2.

So benching Eli improves their chances of ending the season with 2 wins, and maximizing their odds for as high a draft pick as possible.

If they have decided to move on from him, benching him maximizes their draft position potential.

It's mercenary, but logical.
And if Eli agrees to waive his no-trade clause, then the Giants can pick up even more (players and/or draft choices) to begin the re-build process.

I think getting Elway and some other chumps in a bidding war would net the Giants a pretty good haul.

He will be in Denver next year.

Cleveland.......

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Good. Screw him.

"Waaa! If I have to play for the Chargers, I won't play at all! My daddy said I don't have to! Waaa!"

He was too good to play for the 4-12 Chargers. I laugh at his sorry ass for not being good enough to play for the 2-9 Giants. He was benched after his first start and benched after his last.

Also, fvck him.

How do you really feel though? LOL

Back