End of the season exit poll

Was this season a success for the Patriots?

• yes

Votes: 33 82.5%
  • no

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • hell yes!

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • hell no!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
With you except for wr1. I dont think they'll go after one, and I think they may have one emerging already.

Yeah I don't think BB will touch WR other than a day two or three player in the draft and/or a bargain FA. I'm hoping Wilkerson gets a legitimate shot with Harry gone. I think he's got untapped potential.

Bourne is legit -- he showed it anytime he playing. I also expect Jakobi to be re-signed. Let's really hope year two for Agholor will change our view on him, because in general he was pretty disappointing compared to how he played for the Raiders.

They have to figure out how to integrate Jonnu Smith into the fold. He has the potential to be a great YAC option, but it was never really exploited. Hunter Henry should only get better.

RT/LT would be the question marks on offense. Ideally Trent Brown gets signed to a short prove-it deal and a 1st round LT is drafted to be plugged in right away.

Yeah I don't think BB will touch WR other than a day two or three player in the draft and/or a bargain FA. I'm hoping Wilkerson gets a legitimate shot with Harry gone. I think he's got untapped potential.

Bourne is legit -- he showed it anytime he playing. I also expect Jakobi to be re-signed. Let's really hope year two for Agholor will change our view on him, because in general he was pretty disappointing compared to how he played for the Raiders.

They have to figure out how to integrate Jonnu Smith into the fold. He has the potential to be a great YAC option, but it was never really exploited. Hunter Henry should only get better.

RT/LT would be the question marks on offense. Ideally Trent Brown gets signed to a short prove-it deal and a 1st round LT is drafted to be plugged in right away.
I agree with your takes. In particular, I agree that Jonnu Smith can still be a very productive guy next season, despite being almost invisible this season. But, I'd add one more to the WR grouping: a genuine slot guy. I really like Meyers, but I don't consider him a real slot.

With you except for wr1. I dont think they'll go after one, and I think they may have one emerging already.

Bourne may be the guy. We still need another one similar to him so teams don't take him away. I'd be fine with Meyers in the slot or as WR2 if he ups his route running this off season.
That would leave the slot position to fill. I can find a dozen players with speed and quickness in this draft as day 2 choices who would work at either position.

Bourne may be the guy. We still need another one similar to him so teams don't take him away. I'd be fine with Meyers in the slot or as WR2 if he ups his route running this off season.
That would leave the slot position to fill. I can find a dozen players with speed and quickness in this draft as day 2 choices who would work at either position.
Give me a shifty slot with good hands to go with Henry/Bourne/Harris/Mondre and I think we good.

This season was an outstanding success

I'm optimistic for the future of the team

We said this last season that a rebuild was going to take a number of years

It's enjoyable now to see this new start and to get to the playoffs and to have our QB in situ was huge.

The season was definitely a success. We got our QB of the future.

Playoffs one year removed from cap hell and needing a QB is a pretty damn good place to be.

It's all about Mac Jones for me....what I saw last night was a kid that didn't quit, fought and led his team in one of worst situations possible. We can build on that, this team lacks talent, not heart.

The kid from the sunbelt who played college ball in the deep south came into a hostile stadium in frigid temperatures and never gave up and kept fighting till the end.

All this and more.

Remember where we were and what we wanted and what we expected from the Pats last July. We got what we wanted so far beyond our wildest dreams it's almost incomprehensible. Anything less than that is moving the goalposts. I'll still with, "What did you expect from the Patriots in 2021? Did they meet your expectations? Exceed them?"

HELL YES!!!!

If James White - or the next James White - and a shifty slot like mentioned above is added to Bourne/Meyers etc. that might work well. sure I'd love to have Ja'marr Chase or the next all star WR, but we seem to not have much luck in that area
I have hope that Jonnu Smith can indeed be what we thought/expected/paid for.

I called the season a success as they got their rookie QB a full season of experience and started working in some good pieces. obviously some others are at the end of their line (Hightower, McCourtey) who gave it one more shot. will be interesting to see how they handle FA and draft.

Disagree completely, the Wrs are what they are, we have two decent #2s in Meyers and born, Agalour isn't much more than a gadget player, the rest are garbage. Now I don't nessicerily think the Pat's need to get a legitimate #1 wr in the traditional sense, if they can find one great, but it may be easier for them to find a dynamic slot guy in the mold of Edleman or Wess. We get a 3rd down machine in the slot and I believe this offense will be far more dynamic. I'm even more concerned with our LBs, we are old and slow, that's a bad combination.

Disagree completely, the Wrs are what they are, we have two decent #2s in Meyers and born, Agalour isn't much more than a gadget player, the rest are garbage. Now I don't nessicerily think the Pat's need to get a legitimate #1 wr in the traditional sense, if they can find one great, but it may be easier for them to find a dynamic slot guy in the mold of Edleman or Wess. We get a 3rd down machine in the slot and I believe this offense will be far more dynamic. I'm even more concerned with our LBs, we are old and slow, that's a bad combination.
The Pats NEED a legit #1 WR, but, BB might not ever get one.

A legit slot WR in the Edelman mold would absolutely help though...and also a need too.

If you choose to judge the season by the standards of 2001-2019 then you're going to be disappointed, a lot and for a long time.

I'm going to judge it by last year.

We were mostly competitive, even in the beginning where we weren't winning much. The seven game run was a lot of fun, but probably raised our expectations to an unrealistic level. What we saw down the stretch in the regular season was a lot like the first six games. There were still a lot of good plays but the 2021 Patriots were never good enough to spot points to good teams.

There's a lot to improve, but this week excepted I really enjoyed the season, It may not rise to Hell Yes but yes it was a a successful season.

I say "Hell Yes", because they were in last place, last season, and they improve to 10 wins this year, with a rookie qb, and their defense this season was generally pretty good. Now, losing a quarterback as great as Brady was for 20 years, it was bad for the team. It was going to happen eventually, though, and the team wouldn't be as good. But they went through the Cam Newton year, which was really tough, and they improved to 10 wins with that rookie qb. Not that Cam Newton was the worst quarterback, but he was about 1/4 as good as Brady, as is almost every other quarterback-even though Brady's 44. Now, there is some hope for the Patriots (as long as Belichick and Bob Kraft are involved; Belichick is getting older, and he may not be as good as he was, however).

the Pats have been not good post thanksgiving for a while - its a trend that needs to be fixed!
2016 6-0
2017 5-1
2018 4-2
2019 3-3
2020 3-3
2021 3-3
i think i mentioned it somewhere...when they aren't playing better as the year goes on, they don't "turn it on" for the playoffs. i hope they figure out what the issues were this year particularly.

I'm going by how the team did last season and comparing it to this season so I voted yes, it was a success. Stoked to have Mac behind center leading this team, now BB needs to work on getting him some legit weapons he can throw to down field. I like Bourne and Meyers so that's a good start, get Smith and Henry more involved too, Agholor needs to step it up and become that #1 we were hoping to get when they signed him. I'm not even going to touch the defense, y'all have covered it already. I like the direction the Pats are headed and I trust in BB to get them back on track be more competitive than this season.

Back