enough of these regular season streaks & records

sonsofkraftybob

Mmmmmm, feet! Nom, Nom, Nom.
Reaction score
They mean crap. That little regular season home winning streak is embarrassing in contrast to the home playoff losing streak they are working on. Bradys silly regular season pass attempts without an int is laughable when he gives it up first drive of the first playoff game.
Posted via Mobile Device

They mean crap. That little regular season home winning streak is embarrassing in contrast to the home playoff losing streak they are working on. Bradys silly regular season pass attempts without an int is laughable when he gives it up first drive of the first playoff game.
Posted via Mobile Device

You have to get to the playoffs first,without Brady you do not get to the playoffs. The team overachieved all year.

You have to get to the playoffs first,without Brady you do not get to the playoffs. The team overachieved all year.

and yet they underachieved in the playoffs. not a good pattern

Brady threw a TD pass in his 17th consecutive post-season game, second all-time to the great Brett Favre. Just knowing that, will carry me through the off-season.

;)

Homeless Joe is right on. BTW, I'm sick of Kraft not showing replays of bad plays. I pay a lot of $ to go to these games. No one in the stadium knew that was a fake punt. Some guessed it MIGHT have been, most thought they just f'd the punt up. Why do I have to wait to get home to know that? Just show the replays for better or worse. And the fg's too! Jessuz!
Posted via Mobile Device

I really am sorry your your team lost SOKB, but you sure are an entertaining cat when your pissed. Hopefully you will get a chance to get in someone's ass pocket in the courtroom soon. I would pay money to see it.

Homeless Joe is right on. BTW, I'm sick of Kraft not showing replays of bad plays. I pay a lot of $ to go to these games. No one in the stadium knew that was a fake punt. Some guessed it MIGHT have been, most thought they just f'd the punt up. Why do I have to wait to get home to know that? Just show the replays for better or worse. And the fg's too! Jessuz!
Posted via Mobile Device

My one piece of solace from this game. I got offered fabulous seats for the game and turned them down. By the end of the day we would have dropped $500 or $600 that I could ill afford. Given that some of the players (I'm looking at you TB) seemed disinterested, I'm glad we didn't go.

Good call by FT to not give into my whims.

and yet they underachieved in the playoffs. not a good pattern

I can say that Brady underachieved, but I'm not so sure about the rest of the team. Other than Brady, Gronk, Welker, Wilfork and Mayo, how many of the Patriots players would start for the Jets?

Example, our best corner (McCourty), would not start over the Jets best corner, (Revis). Our best receiver (Branch ?) would not start over Holmes, and Tate certainly wouldn't start over Edwards.

My point it that the Jets were able to show that if you can cover the tight ends, our receivers aren't good enough to win the game against a good defense.

I will also say that Brady did not bring his "A" game, and if he did, the Pats likely would have won anyways. That pick in the first quarter really was awful.

That regular season record crap is a media deal. I don't care about that too much (home winning streak etc.) What pisses me off is I expected better from this team from HC to man #53 and they got pasted. So I disagree w/Swheeler...I believe they underachieved based on what they were capable of since the Cle loss.

They were winning games because they played perfect football and forced turnovers. Brady threw 1 int. and people act like the pick was the first one ever thrown. The expectations for this team were to high. The defense was not good enough. Brady needed to be perfect, which is a lot to ask during the playoffs, when the run game produced nothing , sacked 5 times, receivers dropping passes they usually catch. Not all on Brady.

One playoff game that we won recently may have actually started a bad trend for Tom Brady and that game was the AFCCG against San Diego in 2007. I was certain we would blow them out with our high powered offense,but looking back at it we barely beat a team that had a QB with a torn ACL...I had real sinking feeling after that game and then we all knew what happen in the you know what... I'm thinking certain teams with the right kind of defensive mindset have found a blue print to beat Tom Brady... Mangini who I hate with every once of my heart showed his smug face all weekend on ESPN showing how to beat Tom Brady... He was right... Hate him or not the Jets did exactly what they needed to do defensively to CONFUSED Tom... If there was any chance of BB, and Mangini kissing, and making up Mangini that went out the window with Mangini lack of loyalty to his former boss...

Anyways this loss may turn out to be a blessing in disguise for two reasons...
1. GB would have beaten in the SB anyways, and that would have stung more IMO...
2. This is another game BB can look at to learn and find why we are losing to people like Mangini and the Ryans...

BB is still a great coach and I think he and Tom will need to do some serious soul searching... There's been a proven trend as to how you beat Tom Brady and its now time to change things up a bit... I think BB knew this already and thats why he has been drafting defensive heavy in the first two rounds stocking up on talent and rebuilding..
I expect us to draft Defensive heavy still,but don't be surprised if Mark Ingram RB from Bama lands in our lap. Its time throw this shit called finesse football out the window and its time to play smash mouth...

Phil Sims was no Tom Brady, Niether was Trent fvcking Dilfer, but they had a Great Defense to keep the score down... Its time to get back to our 2001 to 2005 roots,and personally I think we are heading in the right direction, and this past 2010 season showed we are ahead of schedule...

Swheeler IMO the D was the only thing keeping the team in the game while the O pissed around.

Swheeler IMO the D was the only thing keeping the team in the game while the O pissed around.

True, they played about as well as they could. They need to get a pass rush, until they do they will lose in the playoffs. Sanchez had no pressure.

I agree they could use an OLB who can pass rush (but not at the expense of other responsibilities) but Rex's D managed a pass rush yesterday via scheme & execution. They don't have any sackmasters either.

I just know that Brady sucked ass again in the playoffs.. he's turning into Dan Marino and Peyton Manning right before our eyes. He actually had happy feet, and was looking like Tony Eason at times. Until he wins a playoff game again, I'm putting him in the choker category and removing him from clutch. Go Green Bay.

:D

Back