Ernie Adams Is Done?

this sucks. i hope he's still involved with the team. it sounds like he will be or i am guessing bb would have said he is stepping away totally.
he HAS to tell us about pink stripes...and the blank picture frames though...😄

this sucks. i hope he's still involved with the team. it sounds like he will be or i am guessing bb would have said he is stepping away totally.
he HAS to tell us about pink stripes...and the blank picture frames though...😄
Great question...

This is tough. Feels like we are turning the page into a new era with this announcement. Was going to happen eventually but feels like a big loss on a lot of levels. I know Kraft and Bill were prepared and have hired accordingly but there is no replacing Ernie.

The reason people think this was a good draft for the Patriots is that their selections adhered to conventional wisdom for the first time in forever ( or probably since having Brady made Belichick think he was some kind of genius ). I see Ernie Adams as part of the problem although of course I don’t really know, but it looks like he has been replaced by Mel Kiper. I don’t know and doubt that Ernie Adams contributed to Belichick placing a premium on coachable players at the expense of talent but something changed in the Patriots brain trust.

My guess would be Patricia will take some of the secret ops stuff. May not be a great head coach, but he's another very smart guy.

Exactly, it's all about aptitude. Some people just either don't have what it takes to be a great HC, or in Bill's case needed to fail first before they could succeed. I hope Patricia can contribute to more championships for this franchise.

Clearly we are not privy to all his duties. But, he is a knowledgeable right hand man. They only highlight one thing he will not be part of any longer. Until informed otherwise I expect he will still be actively involves in game planning as was so aptly shown in several media productions illustrating the Malcolm Butler play after the SB49.. He is still, until otherwise informed, the game day voice in Belichicks ear.

The reason people think this was a good draft for the Patriots is that their selections adhered to conventional wisdom for the first time in forever ( or probably since having Brady made Belichick think he was some kind of genius ). I see Ernie Adams as part of the problem although of course I don’t really know, but it looks like he has been replaced by Mel Kiper. I don’t know and doubt that Ernie Adams contributed to Belichick placing a premium on coachable players at the expense of talent but something changed in the Patriots brain trust.
I agree 100% with this. There was a sea change in the approach so when Kraft said the draft process changed, he wasn't kidding. This gives me tremendous hope that this rebuild can be done a lot of faster. I agree about Adams not really being a part of the problem but probably good that we get fresh blood in. My bigger hope is that Bill's GM power continues to be spread out and be more of a group effort and he can focus more on coaching as that is where he excels the most. This seems like the best plan for the future and I would imagine Bill would not mind it either given he is 69. His heart and soul is coaching anyways so as long as he is comfortable with the other people who are working with him to help make the personnel decisions, I think it is a win/win. Kudos to Kraft for this and Jonathan too.

My only nit pick with the draft, is that we didn't take a receiver higher or 2 receivers higher. This was our biggest IMO behind QB and the draft was so deep at the position. Not sure what the thinking was there but I think we blew a big op to get better at our weakest skill position.

Back