Expectations for the Denver game

For some reason, I remembered that drive as starting in the 3rd quarter and carrying over into the 4th, so I was obviously wrong.

However, that doesn't in any way change the larger point. 6-3 is still tougher than 24-3, right?

That was the second drive of the half.

From Wiki

But the Patriots dominated the second half, holding the ball for nearly all the time in regulation with two long drives. After an exchange of punts, they drove 87 yards in 15 plays on a drive that consumed 8:16 and ended with Brady's 5-yard touchdown pass to David Givens. At the end of the Colts next drive, Hunter Smith's 54-yard punt pinned New England back at their own 6-yard line. But it didn't stop them. The Patriots stormed down the field on a 14-play, 94-yard drive that ate up another 7:24. Dillon rushed for 35 yards and caught a pass for 9 on the drive, including a 27-yard run on third down and 8, while Brady finished it with a 1-yard touchdown run, gving the Patriots a 20-3 lead with just over 7 minutes left in the game.​

But yes, the first half was close. The second half, not so much.

The only thing that keeps Denver in the game. Is there Defense Unless the pats play the same stupid defense as the steelers did. Let the Broncos WR have free release and give them the deep ball. The last 3 weeks Tebow could not do anything when you play physical with there WR's. I thought the Chiefs did the best job of taking away there WR's.

This is the week to dust off some old plays that haven't seen the light of day for a while.

What I'd like to see is them breaking a trend.

I recall hearing somewhere a few weeks ago that when the pats line up with a RB behind Brady, it's almost certainly a run.

I noticed that there seems to be something to this assertion since it did seem to happen a lot since I started looking for it.

This is dying for a play action pass play to exploit that tendency.

I recall hearing somewhere a few weeks ago that when the pats line up with a RB behind Brady, it's almost certainly a run.

I noticed that there seems to be something to this assertion since it did seem to happen a lot since I started looking for it.

Yeah, but WHEN is the question. Of course, the playoffs are starting soon aren't they?

Hmmmmmm.....

Accoring to FO, the Patriots average 3.4 more yards per play doing play action than not, second only to Houston.

It seems they've already figured this out. ;)

BTW, their writeup is certainly worth reading, and far more optimistic than mine.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/game-previews/2012/afc-divisional-round-preview

I haven't been able to watch many patriots games lately, so I actually don't know if the scuba suit is back this year, but my expectation/prediction is that if the scuba suit is on Brady's head, we lose; if the scuba suit has been retired, Brady gets a new ring.

Brady for some reason loves that scuba suit in the cold weather. He only played in one cold weather game this entire year. That was in Buffalo when he throw 4 INTs.

Brady for some reason loves that scuba suit in the cold weather. He only played in one cold weather game this entire year. That was in Buffalo when he throw 4 INTs.

That game was in September. Cold, it wasn't. ;)

All I know is that the football gods will never let fortune smile upon somebody wearing a scuba suit on a football field.

EDIT: unless it is some kind of sexy scuba suit on a cheerleader on halloween.... but that's a corner case!

It was cold in that game???? Anyway, you folks need to get over what Brady wears as to how it affects the game, cause it doesn't. I sat and read and entire thread on what people are going to wear to the game, so I would say let the players wear what they want so that they are the most comfortable.

Accoring to FO, the Patriots average 3.4 more yards per play doing play action than not, second only to Houston.

It seems they've already figured this out. ;)

BTW, their writeup is certainly worth reading, and for more optimistic than mine.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/game-previews/2012/afc-divisional-round-preview

That's a nice, logical take on the game. Schatz backs up everything with stats which makes all the difference. Good read. (But it wouldn't take much to be more optimistic than you, Os.)

All I know is that the football gods will never let fortune smile upon somebody wearing a scuba suit on a football field.

EDIT: unless it is some kind of sexy scuba suit on a cheerleader on halloween.... but that's a corner case!

Yes, your edit is undoubtably true.

It was cold in that game???? Anyway, you folks need to get over what Brady wears as to how it affects the game, cause it doesn't. I sat and read and entire thread on what people are going to wear to the game, so I would say let the players wear what they want so that they are the most comfortable.

Sorry I thought it was a cold weather game. Brady has not really played in any bad weather games this year. This is the first time in a while he did not play with a little snow on the ground.

Sorry I thought it was a cold weather game. Brady has not really played in any bad weather games this year. This is the first time in a while he did not play with a little snow on the ground.

Tom Brady is statistically the most efficient quarterback in the history of the league when there is snow on the ground. if anything, I'm more worried when I can see the grass.

Only since his wife cut his balls off and cried about him playing in the cold.

Tom Brady is statistically the most efficient quarterback in the history of the league when there is snow on the ground. if anything, I'm more worried when I can see the grass.

His best 3 Games IMO in the snow were the tuck rule game. The Titans game in 09. The game last year against the Bears in a blizzard.

My expectations for this game are that we are going to lose.

I'm as tired as anybody of seeing, hearing about or talking about Tim Tebow, but it doesn't really matter if he has heavenly guidance or not as long as he thinks he does. I'm certain that he thinks he does. He might be crazy, but a lot of winners have been the same way.

I could look at the fact that we are statistically superior, a great bad weather team, have the better coach, QB and record. We beat them a month ago and the final score wasn't close on the road. All the indicators point to us winning or pummeling them.

I've been on record as claiming that BB is playing head games with the defense in order to save something for playoffs. I'm pretty sure that he has, but it won't matter in this one, because it is too late.

A lot of Patriots media types call Belichick arrogant and I believe this is probably true in a lot of ways. He's the guy that tried to build a backfield out of JAGS and castoffs with predictable results. He must think that talent is important, because he's invested a ton of draft picks in DBs, almost all of whom washed out and are elsewhere. His shining star at corner Devin McCourty has had more of a sophomore swandive than a slump.

All over the roster there are examples of his arrogance. Spikes? arrogant. Fletcher? arrogant. Ihedigbo? Don't make me laugh.

His last two playoff games were horrific and featured his heartless technicians getting hammered by teams that were both more talented and psyched out of their minds. This is impossible in Foxboro as Bill doesn't like his little robots getting emotional. The team motto should be "Flat for 60" and that is because Bill thinks he can suppress the natural adrenaline of young athletes on a daily basis and then just push a button and turn it on anytime he wants. The Broncos will be flying high and out of their minds and we'll just be cold. Like our coach.

His offensive coordinator is too busy try to talk kids into playing for a team known for child molestation to come up with a decent game plan. BB brings in Josh McDaniels to help out, but this is simply a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth.

The superstar QB thinks he is better than his teammates and scolds them for not being perfect. Like him. In fact he has lost his desire to win which is obvious by the way he channels Tony Eason as he cowers in the pocket in front of phantom pass rushers. Brady is getting to be all hat and no cowboy. A gutless wonder still getting by on sloppy blowjobs from past glory.

His approach to offense is so predictable that it is just a matter of time before somebody figures out a way to take out the short-middle zones that he makes a living on. Brady can't do anything else but hit back-shoulder and low throws 5 yards downfield between the hashes. He can't carry Aaron Rodgers' or Drew Brees' jocks anymore -- we all know it and he hasn't thrown the ball downfield in months, nevermind in a freezing wind. The emperor has no clothes.

The other guys should be intimidated, but the Pats don't intimidate anyone as their MO is to bore teams to death. The Broncos have nothing to lose, a fine running game, a decent pass rush and a QB who is motivated to help heal the sick, doesn't care about pussy and thinks Jesus is on his side. Who can doubt him?

The kid is a winner, an emotional, tough-as-crucifix-nails leader and will ride the crest of a huge tsunami of Tebowmania right into the AFC semi-finals by doing the kind of thing that Brady used to do around here: lead people who believe in him into performing better than they believed possible.

Tebow's Awesome Army 44
Yesteryear's Heros 0

My expectations for this game are that we are going to lose.

I'm as tired as anybody of seeing, hearing about or talking about Tim Tebow, but it doesn't really matter if he has heavenly guidance or not as long as he thinks he does. I'm certain that he thinks he does. He might be crazy, but a lot of winners have been the same way.

I could look at the fact that we are statistically superior, a great bad weather team, have the better coach, QB and record. We beat them a month ago and the final score wasn't close on the road. All the indicators point to us winning or pummeling them.

I've been on record as claiming that BB is playing head games with the defense in order to save something for playoffs. I'm pretty sure that he has, but it won't matter in this one, because it is too late.

A lot of Patriots media types call Belichick arrogant and I believe this is probably true in a lot of ways. He's the guy that tried to build a backfield out of JAGS and castoffs with predictable results. He must think that talent is important, because he's invested a ton of draft picks in DBs, almost all of whom washed out and are elsewhere. His shining star at corner Devin McCourty has had more of a sophomore swandive than a slump.

All over the roster there are examples of his arrogance. Spikes? arrogant. Fletcher? arrogant. Ihedigbo? Don't make me laugh.

His last two playoff games were horrific and featured his heartless technicians getting hammered by teams that were both more talented and psyched out of their minds. This is impossible in Foxboro as Bill doesn't like his little robots getting emotional. The team motto should be "Flat for 60" and that is because Bill thinks he can suppress the natural adrenaline of young athletes on a daily basis and then just push a button and turn it on anytime he wants. The Broncos will be flying high and out of their minds and we'll just be cold. Like our coach.

His offensive coordinator is too busy try to talk kids into playing for a team known for child molestation to come up with a decent game plan. BB brings in Josh McDaniels to help out, but this is simply a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth.

The superstar QB thinks he is better than his teammates and scolds them for not being perfect. Like him. In fact he has lost his desire to win which is obvious by the way he channels Tony Eason as he cowers in the pocket in front of phantom pass rushers. Brady is getting to be all hat and no cowboy. A gutless wonder still getting by on sloppy blowjobs from past glory.

His approach to offense is so predictable that it is just a matter of time before somebody figures out a way to take out the short-middle zones that he makes a living on. Brady can't do anything else but hit back-shoulder and low throws 5 yards downfield between the hashes. He can't carry Aaron Rodgers' or Drew Brees' jocks anymore -- we all know it and he hasn't thrown the ball downfield in months, nevermind in a freezing wind. The emperor has no clothes.

The other guys should be intimidated, but the Pats don't intimidate anyone as their MO is to bore teams to death. The Broncos have nothing to lose, a fine running game, a decent pass rush and a QB who is motivated to help heal the sick, doesn't care about pussy and thinks Jesus is on his side. Who can doubt him?

The kid is a winner, an emotional, tough-as-crucifix-nails leader and will ride the crest of a huge tsunami of Tebowmania right into the AFC semi-finals by doing the kind of thing that Brady used to do around here: lead people who believe in him into performing better than they believed possible.

Tebow's Awesome Army 44
Yesteryear's Heros 0

Well I guess we will see.....not sure you really become a "winner" after one playoff game...and well...anyway. Bookmarked for convenience.

Back