Expectations for the Denver game

My expectations are that by the time the game starts I will have heard enough of Tim Tebow to last 10 lifetimes.

It's too bad, because I don't think any of it is his fault, but I'm starting to hate him because the football talking heads can't seem to shut the **** up about him.

This.

I'm completely avoiding any kind of tv until the game starts. He's a good guy, mediocre player having a career year, but I don't want to hear extended coverage of him.
Posted via Mobile Device

My expectations for this game are that we are going to lose.

I'm as tired as anybody of seeing, hearing about or talking about Tim Tebow, but it doesn't really matter if he has heavenly guidance or not as long as he thinks he does. I'm certain that he thinks he does. He might be crazy, but a lot of winners have been the same way.

I could look at the fact that we are statistically superior, a great bad weather team, have the better coach, QB and record. We beat them a month ago and the final score wasn't close on the road. All the indicators point to us winning or pummeling them.

I've been on record as claiming that BB is playing head games with the defense in order to save something for playoffs. I'm pretty sure that he has, but it won't matter in this one, because it is too late.

A lot of Patriots media types call Belichick arrogant and I believe this is probably true in a lot of ways. He's the guy that tried to build a backfield out of JAGS and castoffs with predictable results. He must think that talent is important, because he's invested a ton of draft picks in DBs, almost all of whom washed out and are elsewhere. His shining star at corner Devin McCourty has had more of a sophomore swandive than a slump.

All over the roster there are examples of his arrogance. Spikes? arrogant. Fletcher? arrogant. Ihedigbo? Don't make me laugh.

His last two playoff games were horrific and featured his heartless technicians getting hammered by teams that were both more talented and psyched out of their minds. This is impossible in Foxboro as Bill doesn't like his little robots getting emotional. The team motto should be "Flat for 60" and that is because Bill thinks he can suppress the natural adrenaline of young athletes on a daily basis and then just push a button and turn it on anytime he wants. The Broncos will be flying high and out of their minds and we'll just be cold. Like our coach.

His offensive coordinator is too busy try to talk kids into playing for a team known for child molestation to come up with a decent game plan. BB brings in Josh McDaniels to help out, but this is simply a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth.

The superstar QB thinks he is better than his teammates and scolds them for not being perfect. Like him. In fact he has lost his desire to win which is obvious by the way he channels Tony Eason as he cowers in the pocket in front of phantom pass rushers. Brady is getting to be all hat and no cowboy. A gutless wonder still getting by on sloppy blowjobs from past glory.

His approach to offense is so predictable that it is just a matter of time before somebody figures out a way to take out the short-middle zones that he makes a living on. Brady can't do anything else but hit back-shoulder and low throws 5 yards downfield between the hashes. He can't carry Aaron Rodgers' or Drew Brees' jocks anymore -- we all know it and he hasn't thrown the ball downfield in months, nevermind in a freezing wind. The emperor has no clothes.

The other guys should be intimidated, but the Pats don't intimidate anyone as their MO is to bore teams to death. The Broncos have nothing to lose, a fine running game, a decent pass rush and a QB who is motivated to help heal the sick, doesn't care about pussy and thinks Jesus is on his side. Who can doubt him?

The kid is a winner, an emotional, tough-as-crucifix-nails leader and will ride the crest of a huge tsunami of Tebowmania right into the AFC semi-finals by doing the kind of thing that Brady used to do around here: lead people who believe in him into performing better than they believed possible.

Tebow's Awesome Army 44
Yesteryear's Heros 0

Did you say something about blowjobs?

Not an expectation, but I'm hoping that Denver throws everything at the Pats, including the Communion Plate - BUT, nothing that BB didn't predict they would. I'm kinda hoping that the Pats defense struggles enough that they're forced/inspired to play a full 60 minutes, but ultimately, by mid-Q3, absolutely nothing the Broncos offense tries works anymore. I'm also hoping that the Pats offense veers away from the quick strike to something more ball-control oriented and relentless - so that they don't pile up a big lead early and take pressure off the defense.

IOW, I want to see the Pats, especially the defense, grind it out and ultimately succeed - a victory that makes them confident, but not arrogant.

Not an expectation, but I'm hoping that Denver throws everything at the Pats, including the Communion Plate - BUT, nothing that BB didn't predict they would. I'm kinda hoping that the Pats defense struggles enough that they're forced/inspired to play a full 60 minutes, but ultimately, by mid-Q3, absolutely nothing the Broncos offense tries works anymore. I'm also hoping that the Pats offense veers away from the quick strike to something more ball-control oriented and relentless - so that they don't pile up a big lead early and take pressure off the defense.

IOW, I want to see the Pats, especially the defense, grind it out and ultimately succeed - a victory that makes them confident, but not arrogant.

Not me, the learning time is over, I do not want to test anything, its time to win, offense can as quick and often as you can, get as many points as you can. I dont want a grind out anything, I want an easy win. If they still at this point in the season are lacking confidence then we are not going anywhere anyway. It was time to put the big boy pants on a long time ago.

Hitler isn't happy about the Steelers going down

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jD6B1CXXgM0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jD6B1CXXgM0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

This video STILL delivers......

Good thread.

We agree when we say that ultimately the battle is won on the LOS. The fact that we're banged up on the line isn't particularly helpful either. Brady was sacked a couple of times last time around. They showed an alternative angle of the one of the sacks where he stepped into the pocket and got sacked---that one appeared to be because the first read wasn't open because he had the man on the right side (was either Chad/Branch) running to the middle open. The 2nd sack where he was gored by Dumervil was 100% on Nate Solder taking the wrong man and Brian Waters had no chance on picking it up. That sack should have never happened and I think that's a mistake we pick up on. Denver will have to stunt the line in various ways as to disguise the blitzes.

Listening to various interviews by Denver players about how to stop the offense, they seem to place an emphasis on stopping the YAC and keeping the offense in front of them. This has led me to believe that we will see a similar scheme as we did with the Jets last season--a similar zone scheme designed to stop or limit the YAC. I don't know for sure, obviously, but they might dare us to run the ball and this time around we take that dare. S.Ridley is emerging as the top back here and everyone is a bit hesitant because of the fumble that went out of bounds. I hope ball security will not be a huge issue. They could dare us to throw it deep and run the ball, and I trust we will take them up on that challenge a couple of times.

From the defense a lot of their game will probably be reactionary/adjustments wise, as we've seen before so we'll see with that. It is very deflating to see perfect attendances at practice for the week and then see that guys like Pat Chung might be inactive because of his foot problems. We could definitely use him but it's good that we have Spikes on the field to bring good energy to the team. I'm really not worried about the defense as other people are and i think (and hope) they will play with confidence and success.

So, expectations:
-Patriots defer the coin toss if they win. If they don't, expect Denver to defer, just to throw the Pats off their game.
-Lots of zone coverage by both teams.
-An injury to James Dig
-Each offense with a turnover
-Close game
-Hopefully Brady wears that scuba outfit and wins, to put all the naysayers to rest :D

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jD6B1CXXgM0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jD6B1CXXgM0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

This video STILL delivers......

So does this one:

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW7E3i_AoX4

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CW7E3i_AoX4?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CW7E3i_AoX4?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

My prediction? Pain!

tumblr_l4rsnbANpW1qc30fq.jpg

Posted via Mobile Device

Another thing to expect. The Denver long snapper is out. Denver punts a lot. I expect a bad snap or two in the cold windy weather.

I expect McCourty at FS. Arrington and Moore/Molden at CB. The Pats Ss will keep the play in front of them. The Pats will scheme to keep Tebow in the pocket by maintaining edge integrity and by using balanced pressure to collapse the pocket. Spikes will have to play well to stop the run game by making hits at the LOS and not 4 yds downfield. He and Mayo will have to be aware to plug holes to prevent Tebow from escaping.

The best way to beat the Pats is to use man coverage but Denver's CBs can't do that. TB will eat them up in zone with short passes and rely on YAC to gain extra yards. With below average CBs, I have no idea how Fox is going to scheme to stop WW, Branch, Gronk and Hernandez. Branch wasn't able to play in Denver Part 1 so he's another problem for Denver. Vollmer could add a new dimension by allowing Solder to play TE; I hope Vollmer can play some even if he can't go the entire game.

If TB is on his game this should be a comfortable win. If he comes out hyperexcited his accuracy suffers and he throws high or low into the turf. I'd love to see the Pats come out in the no huddle to keep the Broncos off balance. When they are reeling badly, throw in some hurry up. Early on, I expect some plays we haven't seen before to cause some confusion on the Broncos side. If the O plays well early and keeps it going for the entire game, this could be a blowout.

edit: The Broncos don't have anyone with the speed of Underwood; if only he could catch.

I am supremely confident in this game tomorrow. Moreso than any playoff game I can think of. This is the best possible matchup for us. The perfect storm. Some opportunities to look stupid:

- I think this will be a quintessential Belichick defensive game. Everything is aligning for that to happen. The return of Spikes and Chung solidifies the run defense. LeBeau made glaring errors in scheme that have been the focus of the week and allowed Tebow to open it up downfield in a comfortable manner. Playing the safeties up, selling out against the run...everyone knows that was a fatal flaw. I think back to what one of my QB friends in the league shared with me about the wholly confusing nature of playing Belichick's disguised defenses. I think of the possibility of easily baiting Tebow by showing a run-heavy pre-snap alignment. I smile widely like the Grinch, knowing what would come next.

- The natural counter to that would be that we did no such thing a month ago, and were burned by a rather traditional rushing attack early. However, that is a flawed proposition, because of the circumstances. Denver adjusted their philosophy mid-season to a more option based, QB centric running offense. It is clearly unique to the NFL. It produced wins. The closest thing I can see is the 2008 Miami wildcat (which wasn't even a base O). The Pats got burned as the first victim, which had to be thrown out, but it worked for a while, film showed weaknesses, Belichick beat it the second time around, and it died out shortly thereafter. Similarly, we HAD to gameplan last month straight up for Denver's offense because we didn't know what to expect because no one else does that. We adjusted in game based on what we saw live and it looked good after some rough spots. Now, we can carry over the tweaks we made live and import some wrinkles to make them think. It should be beautiful.

- We will win the turnover margin by at least +2. Chess game mentality again. I wouldn't be surprised to see an 8-10 yard out jumped for six. Our D will control the game and force lower percentage plays.

- Ridley emerges as RB1. Not a bold prediction, but one that would be positive. I do worry about ball security with him.

- Pats jump out to a lead early, silencing doubters because of recent slow starts.

In all, I'm pretty confident it will be a great weekend. Not sure who I want to see next week. Baltimore and Houston are pretty much the same team. Neither Flacco nor Yates worries me, but the prospect of facing Arian Foster and Andre Johnson is somewhat unsettling.

Not bad. Arrington should've jumped the out for a pick six, but he dropped it.

I think I want the Texans next week, but I'm not sure yet. Sweating Andre Johnson big time right now.

I expect this game to be a hard hitting defensive battle in the first quarter,but things open up in the 2nd quarter when Brady figures out the defensive scheme. By the time the 3rd quarter hits the Patriots Machine is in high gear. I expect 40 percent of our plays will be run and we will be in perfect balance. Patriots 41 White Horse 13
Close enough..:coffee:

I haven't been able to watch many patriots games lately, so I actually don't know if the scuba suit is back this year, but my expectation/prediction is that if the scuba suit is on Brady's head, we lose; if the scuba suit has been retired, Brady gets a new ring.

Saw the long black sleeves at the start of the game and was all :eek:hnoez: but then saw a close up and was all :hump:

Nice predictions! I was the cautious, expecting the worse type but I'm glad I was wrong. Great game!

Feeling better today, Os?

As I said above, I was very comfortable going into this game. The Pats and especially Brady were healthy and focused all week and we've seen what happens when the Pats come into a game sharp, locked and loaded. With his imaginative use of the 2 TE sets, BB was showing the rest of the NFL just how far behind the Pats they really are. Cannot. Stop. Them.

Brady was sharp. He had a couple of balls sail in the first half but look at his stats...26 of 34 for 363 yards and 6 TDs to tie with Lamonica (1969) and Steve Young (1995) for the most in a playoff game. The 5 in the first half is a record. He could have easily thrown more but BB took pity and reeled in the O in the 2nd half. 31 first downs. 500+ yards. 0 sacks given up. Only 2 punts. (The only negative is Ridley's fumble; that will put him in BB's doghouse for a while.)

Not to be outdone, the Patriots D was amped, disciplined, aggressive and swarmed to the ball. The D shut down Tim Tebow and the Broncos offense, holding Tebow to 136 passing on 9 of 26 throws. 136... that's a dyslexic 3:16, so at least Tebow lovers can cling to that. 15 first downs. 250 yards. 7 Denver punts. 0 punt return yards. 5 sacks. 10 tackles for loss. I believe in rope-a-dope. It was on full display last night.

Who's next? Come get some!

Back