!!! FantasyFootball !!! - We have a free league

the ideal number of teams is either 12 or 14. it really depends on how many roster spots you have. obviously the more teams you have, the more difficult it is because talent gets spread out further. my league has 12 teams and that seems to work pretty well. i'm sure you'll all enjoy it very much. the draft is the best part. i can't believe how many of you have never played before.

you can set up an on-line draft. you better hurry if you are doing a yahoo league though. the available draft dates and times are starting to become scarce. let me know if you need any help.

"workin on a sex farm...........trying to raise some hard love........gettin out my pitchfork............pokin your hay."

Ottawapatty said:

I hope this is clear. If not I will try again.

For somebody with regular command of their brain cells I'm sure this is crystal clear, but I am still slightly confused and don't want disappointed Planeteers on my case.

I like the idea of doing the pre-rank as opposed to a live draft because it allows for some control for those that want it and also allows people who don't really care one way or the other to just let the computer choose. It is just laid back enough to work.

- but what is the method for submitting your pre ranked players? Is that done in Yahoo? I didn't see that in there.

Please see my next reply for a few other thoughts. and thanks.

once you create the league and create your team you will see your team name listed in the standings..click on it and it will display your roster..which currently is blank..you should see an option at the top of your roster to "Edit Pre-Rankings"

Spinal Tap said:
the ideal number of teams is either 12 or 14. it really depends on how many roster spots you have.

I ended up setting up a league in Yahoo under the name PatriotsPlanet. I chose a "points" league but left the scoring etc, at the default settings. It recommends a total of 15 players as the default. Is that too many for 12 teams? I don't want to shut any regulars out. Hmmm, we have to decide one way or the other.

you can set up an on-line draft. you better hurry if you are doing a yahoo league though. the available draft dates and times are starting to become scarce. let me know if you need any help.

Do you remember the scene (obviously a dumb question) where Nigel comes back to check the band out? Even though he had split to go on his own, he and his "bride" weren't smart enough to make it work and like a moth to a flame he went back to the band.

Thats kind of how I feel.

I never really wanted to be "commissioner" - I just really wanted to play and thought (and still do) that this would be a fun way to do it. So as far as help goes:

Would you be interested in setting this thing up? Either yourself or Matt? I am just inexperienced enough to have my doubts and
now I'm not sure if we have enough time to work out the bugs. I can always delete the league I started to keep the same name.

Everyone here seems to find a niche for themselves:

Alice is our founder.

NoRespect is our resident rabblerouser.

Pookie is the village idiot.

Undertaker59 cut his teeth on the Girlie pic thread and became a legend in the process

You get the idea. Here is a chance for one of you guys to take one for the team (not that you need to do so) as the commissioner of a brave new enterprise, a melding of computer technology and internet community spirit. You would be a shining icon to lead the huddled masses to the promised land.

What do you say? o:)

Hawg73 said:

Alice is our founder.

Undertaker59 cut his teeth on the Girlie pic thread and became a legend in the process

You get the idea. Here is a chance for one of you guys to take one for the team (not that you need to do so) as the commissioner of a brave new enterprise, a melding of computer technology and internet community spirit. You would be a shining icon to lead the huddled masses to the promised land.

What do you say? o:)

I think I've got it so far, but surely I'll have more questions as we progress........ that's what village idiot's do.

Hey,

I just seen this and would love to be Commish! It has been two years since I was! However, I will accept it only if we vote on things as true owners do at their little congregations each year. I will post poll post haste and members can vote on wether they want certain aspects or not. I will jump on it right away!

Matt

Ottawapatty said:
Hey,

I just seen this and would love to be Commis! It has been two years since I was! However, I will accept it only if we vote on things as true owners do at their little congregations each year. I will post poll post haste and members can vote on wether they want certain aspects or not. I will jump on it right away!

Matt

Outstanding work OP/Matt - As long as we aren't stepping on SpinalTap's snakeskin boots - I am absolutely fine with it.

That OK by you ST?

Lead on my friend. The current roster stands at 9 so we still need a few more (I'll call It's_Good tonight):

1. Hawg73
2. SpinalTap (if he doesn't spontaneously combust first)
3. Matt
4. Pookie
5. SEPatsFan
6. DropKickMurphy
7. Undertaker59
8. FallingAlice
9. MrSteel

I do know that people will need to access Yahoo to create their own team name once the league has been properly created and an EMail address is needed. So, if anyone has a problem using their regular EMail for this you can create one in Yahoo for the purpose. Just a heads up. That way when you sign in Yahoo recognizes you and lets you edit your roster etc.

Hawg73 said:

Lead on my friend. The current roster stands at 9 so we still need a few more (I'll call It's_Good tonight):

What about freakin' NoRespect??!!!

HELLO!!! NR! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU??

maybe

Hey,

I have no problem relinquishing power to someone named Spinal Tap. I would be glad to be VP if he really wants to head this up. My first step as VP or Commish will be to start this survey or owners.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=38105257903

If I have forgotten any issues it will be covered in the next survey (if there needs to be one).

I also will open 20 spots on the list of teams. People will need a password to get to the league so it will probably be 10 or 12 teams tops, but just so we don't exclude everyone I think that would be the best way to go about it. We should also set up the draft -- regardless of the time for no earlier than next weekend so if anyone is on vacation they get a chance to see it and join. Anyways, please fill out the survey if you are interested.

Matt

If NR doesn't show up soon we may have to create a default team for him so that he can pick up on it when he gets back. We could name it the Vermont Cranky Bastards or something just so he knows which one is his.

This is like a scene from a Gangsta Rap movie when a guy will pour some of his booze on the ground and say:

"And one fo' my homies"

Gone, but not forgotten.

Imagine the NFL films presents guy reading this over an Orchestra Blaring

Alice is our founder.

Undertaker59 cut his teeth on the Girlie pic thread and became a legend in the process!

I have radio training and I hear stress on the word legend. became (dramatic pause) a
LEGEND
in the process.

HAHAH,

Matt

I'm in

love fantasy football. Doing yahoo live draft as I type this :) !!!
Let me know the league name and password once it's setup and I'll be there!!!

Everything looks like it is starting to come together, which given the people that frequent this board, is nothing short of the 2001 season. aka a miracle

I've already completed the survey.

FYI -- I know I am not a regular poster here; lurker -- yes, stalker -- perhaps.......

So if there is a regular member that wants a slot, I'll be happy to give up mine. OK, maybe not happy, but I'll do it anyway :)

bullsh!t SF - you are IN as is Cookie and U59. I talked with It's_good_it's_good tonight and he wants in - so that gives us 12 right there.

Houston, we have liftoff.

(p.s. IGIG did say that he hasn't been around because of the heavy duty virus out there. I wonder if any of our fellow planeteers have gotten whacked.)

The unofficial twelve team GM's are (drumroll)

1. Hawg73
2. SpinalTap (If he doesn't get crushed by a dwarf)
3. Matt
4. Pookie
5. SEPatsFan
6. DropKickMurphy
7. Undertaker59
8. FallingAlice
9. MrSteel
10. It's_Good_It's_Good
11. Cookie
12. NoRespect ****

****Some of you may have noticed that NoRespect hasn't been posting lately , but I know he would be into this - and he shall return, so we owe it to NR to preserve a spot for him in honor of all the hard thankless work he has done to keep this website going through those long off season months. We'll let Yahoo pick his players and run it by commitee until he returns, any suggestions? chime right in.

Sounds good guys !!!! PROPS TO HAWG FOR THE IDEA!!!

I got that stinkin virus. Well it's technically not a virus but a worm...alas I need not bore you with the difference between the two...just make sure you run an anti-virus program. Yes it can detect worms too!!! My comp..well parents comp didn't have one so we got it...easy to get rid of though if you know what your doing...and anyone can get it just by having that internet wire connected to your pc whether your actually using your comp or not it can get in...if you get it just go to microsoft/downloads and search for the buffer overrun rpc and select which type of windows you run and you can download the software to get it out for good...well at least this worm...there will be more...you know a 13 year old made it...HEY WAIT A MINUTE NR HAS BEEN MISSING LATELY...YOU DON'T THINK...NAAAHH...

Hawg73 said:
****Some of you may have noticed that NoRespect hasn't been posting lately , but I know he would be into this - and he shall return, so we owe it to NR to preserve a spot for him in honor of all the hard thankless work he has done to keep this website going through those long off season months. We'll let Yahoo pick his players and run it by commitee until he returns, any suggestions? chime right in.

Great idea Hawg... We need to make sure NR is taken care of. I'll pick for him. I'm sure he trusts ole pook.

With the first pick in the PatriotsPlanet 2003 Fantasy Football league draft, NoRespect selects Kordell Stewart....
I'm kidding.

I got the stinkin' nuisance mblaster worm on both my home system and work laptop. First Mrs Pookie discovered something wrong with our home system several days ago. I couldn't figure out what the heck it was, as it was doing some of the weirdest things to my IE that I had ever seen happen before.... nothing really bad or malicious, just weird. Then I took my laptop and plugged it into my cable modem a couple days ago to VPN into work. In less than 5 minutes I had that little bastard bug on my laptop via the Comcast cable connection. This little sucker could propogate like nothing before it had. It'll be interesting to see what might happen on Saturday the 16th when this thing is supposed to launch it's denial of service attacks on Microsoft.

pookie said:
Great idea Hawg... We need to make sure NR is taken care of. I'll pick for him. I'm sure he trusts ole pook.

Then he is making a BIG mistake. :cool:

Hopefully everybody concurs with the NoRespect team idea. I guess I should have deferred to the new commish Matt to make sure that is OK, but I can't see anybody having a problem with it and NR certainly deserves the props.

I can see how thrilled he will be to see his new team:

QB Kordell Stewart, Vinnie Testaverde
TE Rod Rutledge, Spencer Nead
RB JR Redmond, Ron Dayne
WR Dez White, Sean Morey
D Minnesota Vikings
K Doug Brien

No need to thank us NR, just doing our job.

hey ottawa, if you want to commish this league than please do so. i already have a money league that i am doing. i must say i don't really enjoy being the commissioner because too many people bitch at you about everything! so, go ahead and take the reins.

I know people here will be kind and grateful to our new commissioner Matt - that means no pointless griping - be polite and use constuctive criticism if necessary. Remember, our commish is a Canadian citizen and not all that used to Boston-area type sarcasm. We don't want to hurt his feelings. :4321:

A lot of us are relative newbies to the FF world so we won't even know what to b1tch about for a few more weeks.

We await instructions from our leader. :grovel:

In the meantime, there are about a zillion fantasy sites on the web with various player rankings and strategies etc.

For anyone new to FF, you might want to check on these - that way you can make some informed choices if you want to pre-rank your draft picks. Remember, that you don't have to do so and have the option of just letting Yahoo's computer make your picks for you if you don't really care to study up on it.

Yahoo also has links to player rankings etc, so when we all get on there it should be like one-stop shopping.

Back