!!! FantasyFootball !!! - We have a free league

Re: Yet ANOTHER Question....

FallingAlice said:
When looking at Quarterbacks, are we only looking at passing stats? Or do running yards also count? If so, is there some kind of weighting?

From what I understand, which as usual is not much, a rushing yard is a rushing yard no matter who gets it. Same with passing, and receiving.

Vick was considered to be a "top" prospect in some leagues, and I don't think it was all because of his arm.

Re: Re: Yet ANOTHER Question....

SEPatsFan said:
From what I understand, which as usual is not much, a rushing yard is a rushing yard no matter who gets it. Same with passing, and receiving.

Correct.

Newbies (like I'm not one) might want to spend some time in the Yahoo FF section (note there is a button for this on the right side lower half of the main Yahoo screen) - there you will find a help section that should answer 98% of all questions.

But if you're still confused or if you are Pookie you may ask away.

Just to remind everyone there are two leagues to join, so fill them both up.

Scoring = Head-to-Head
the id # is 388685 the league name is.... PatsPlanet
The PASSWORD is.... tdasmith

and

Scoring = Points
The League ID# is 395176
Password is - brady
[/B]

FallingAlice said:
Another question....

How long do we have to play around with this stuff, before Matt pulls the switch?

Matt...when is our deadline here?

Hello all,

I made a mental note that I would pull the "switch" 24 hours after we had 10 teams listed. I believe we still have 72 hours to pre-rank players and then PRESTO the draft is done. We now have 10 teams -- others can join (2 others) but will need to pre-rank quickly.

However, I just wanted to go the extra mile here. Unlike the NFL which honours poor play in the draft I am going to put first place up for grabs at 3 p.m. EST today on the Patriots Planet. I will be putting a trivia question up on the board (in this thread) the person who first answers it correctly will get the number one spot in the draft. If nobody has answered it correctly then I will give it to the person who is the closest at Midnight tonight. Now please do not cheat and seek aid on the web. Try to answer it off the top of your head. It will be a fair question to everyone and I hope I get no flack for this. All the other spots in the draft will be put into random.
Currently I sit in the #1 spot, but that isn't fair because I am commish so I will not take part in the trivia. Good luck to all those involved.

Note if I lose power at work the trivia question will go up tomorrow at three. If I am not back by then, avenge my death -- maybe start with anyone wearing Jet green.

Yours,

Matt

I'm in and all set to go. Now if I can just manage three different leagues. At least they're all on yahoo.

Okay folks here is your shot at Position #1 in the (CFL) draft.

The year is 1999, we are on the eve of global destruction and the Y2K bug (hahaha!). However, just in case we aren’t turned into beastly ant-like creatures when the clock strikes 12 on January 1st, the NFL holds a draft. Here are the top 10 picks in reverse alphabetical order. Put them in the order in which they were drafted. Once again please don’t cheat.

Washington (from Chicago) Champ Bailey CB Georgia
St. Louis Torry Holt WR North Carolina St
Philadelphia Donovan McNabb QB Syracuse
New Orleans (from Wash) Ricky Williams RB Texas
Indianapolis Edgerrin James RB Miami
Detroit Chris Claiborne LB Southern Cal
Cleveland Tim Couch QB Kentucky
Cincinnati Akili Smith QB Oregon
Baltimore Chris McAlister CB Arizona
Arizona David Boston WR Ohio State

Bonus question and tie-breaker:

Who were the two Pats choices in the first round and when were they taken.

Allright, I'll take a shot...(This is pretty difficult without cheating)

1. Cleveland Tim Couch QB Kentucky
2. Cincinnati Akili Smith QB Oregon
3. New Orleans (from Wash) Ricky Williams RB Texas
4. Washington (from Chicago) Champ Bailey CB Georgia
5. Indianapolis Edgerrin James RB Miami
6. Detroit Chris Claiborne LB Southern Cal
7. Philadelphia Donovan McNabb QB Syracuse
8. Baltimore Chris McAlister CB Arizona
9. Arizona David Boston WR Ohio State
10. St. Louis Torry Holt WR North Carolina St

Bonus:

Damien Woody (19), Tebucky Jones(27)

oh i got this easy i collect football cards :)

so I think I know this...no guarantees

I know Couch was first. Mcnabb was second..they made big deal over who would go 1-2. I think Akili was third. Not really sure. Fourth was definitely Edge and fifth was Ricky when "coach" gambled away the saints future. Sixth was Holt one of my favorite nfl players. Seventh was Chump Bailey. Eighth is the ever dissapointing WR Boston. Ninth and tenth I'm not sure. I'll go with McAllister and then Claiborne.

The pats selected Damien Woody and then Katzenmoyer. I want to say they were taken 19th and 28th.

Just to remind everyone there are two leagues (Yahoo ) to join, so fill them both up.

Scoring = Head-to-Head
the id # is 388685 the league name is.... PatsPlanet
The PASSWORD is.... tdasmith

and

Scoring = Points
The League ID# is 395176
Password is - brady
[/B]

The sooner we fill up the leagues the sooner we can hold the drafts. Then we can start considering the free agents..

Hey,

I understand the objection. I have consulted with my staff and CEO (my cat named Harper) we have decided that it isn't really fair, so we will scrap that idea. However, because COOKIE already answered it would be unfair to that GM to ignore the answer. However, the answer itself wasn't entirely correct as the last two players are reversed. Therefore the ruling will be:

The draft will be decided by lottery. However, due to energy put forth by "COOKIE" he will have a place in the top five regardless. The draft will occur. If Cookie isn't in the top five a switch will occur with my own position (if I am in the top five). If there are any objections to this then please let me know by 6 p.m. tonight as that is when I will be flicking the "switch" that also means that you should pre-rank ALL of YOUR players ASAP. I have no idea what will exactly occur once the switch has endured said flicking.

Thank-you for your time.

Matt

Ottawapatty said:

The draft will be decided by lottery. However, due to energy put forth by "COOKIE" she will have a place in the top five regardless.

For those who don't know, and I made the same mistake, COOKIE is a "he". I met him briefly before the preseason game. Peg and I had a good laugh over it. She said that most people make the same assumption. My problem was that I have an aunt whose nickname was Cookie, so the gender assumption translated over to our COOKIE. :)

OK gang,

The lottery has occured and here is the order. I suggest altering your choices now to ensure you have them set the way you want them.

Team Order
KickIsGood 1
PatsButterfly 2
Spinal Tap 3
Lost Planet Airmen 4
Monsters Patriots 5
Mighty Maggots 6
NoRespects Raiders 7
winnipegwarriors 8
Savannah Scapegoats 9
Arlington United 10
Pookriots 11
GilletteGang 12
Bradys Boys 13

Ottawapatty said:
OK gang,

The lottery has occured and here is the order. I suggest altering your choices now to ensure you have them set the way you want them.

Team Order
KickIsGood 1
PatsButterfly 2
Spinal Tap 3
Lost Planet Airmen 4
Monsters Patriots 5
Mighty Maggots 6
NoRespects Raiders 7
winnipegwarriors 8
Savannah Scapegoats 9
Arlington United 10
Pookriots 11
GilletteGang 12
Bradys Boys 13

Yuk.... 11th overall. :cuss: :Eason:

But which team is COOKIE's?

pookie said:
Yuk.... 11th overall. :cuss: :Eason:

But which team is COOKIE's?

Yes, but bear in mind that you also have the 16th as the second round goes in reverse order. It all evens out.

My guess for cookie's team is Monsters patriots.

cookie=monster. get it?

Hello,

CFL Patriots Planet League Notes:
Your autopick draft will be completed sometime between now and Saturday, August 23 at 11:59 pm PT.

bideau said:
For those who don't know, and I made the same mistake, COOKIE is a "he".

I thought Cookie, Pookie, and OttawaPatty were all girls. Now I know better. Cookie and OttawaPatty are guys.

(I know, Pook, you only have to wait till week 3 to get me for that one ;) )

dropKickMurphy said:
I thought Cookie, Pookie, and OttawaPatty were all girls. Now I know better. Cookie and OttawaPatty are guys.

(I know, Pook, you only have to wait till week 3 to get me for that one ;) )

Hahaha....you're a funny one... I was thinking more along the lines of emailing you a picture of my HAIRY ASS to help you get it straight! :eek:

Here's a preview of the horror to come for you DKM!!!

damn you figured it out

Thanks Bideau!!! Actually got the nick from my dad's friends who all played sports with him growing up and called him that. I, in turn, got called that by all the kids I played sports with who were the spawn of my dad's now grownup friends. The cycle continues... My team is indeed Monsters Patriots and really didn't care where I "picked" in the draft. I tried to answer the trivia but got the last two wrong. I knew the rest but those last two was a total guess. P.S. I got the bonus wrong too. Woody was 17th not 19th but I got the big Kat right. Off to pre-rank my player list if it's not too late!!!

Back