!!! FantasyFootball !!! - We have a free league

FallingAlice said:
Hawg...I've been looking for the PatriotsPlanet league over at the yahoo free custom league area. I can't find it on the list. Did they give you some numeric code? If I had that, it looks like I could just go right to it.

Help!

I couldn't find it either, ( is this the league we will be using ? or will OttawaPatty be setting up another one?)

OK, OK.. I just couldn't wait any longer.....

here's the deal.. I have set up an alternate league at Yahoo.

I'm hoping Matt still sets up his league.

The alternate league will be Head-to-Head ( Matts will be Points)

the id # is 388685 the league name is.... PatsPlanet

The PASSWORD is.... tdasmith

It will be an autodraft ( so please pre-rank your players soon)

It will be open to the 1st 14 Patriotsplanet members who join

( I decided on 14 because we already had 12 for Matts league and Patsbutterfly wants in)

Playoffs will be week 16/17 TOP 4 teams make the playoffs

Trade deadline nov.21

I fear that OP/Matt may have contracted the feared blaster worm.

If so, the timing is bad, because we obviously have Planeteers itching to get started. I was away for the weekend and neglected to mention that I deleted my Patriotsplanet league so that Matt could reuse the name for obvious reasons and set himself up as commissioner and neglected to mention it here. Mea maxima culpa.

Well....so I guess we now have a head-to-head league, and that has some positives. I'm not sure how we work out the postseason, but I know that this type of league can extend beyond the end of the regular season which is the major flaw in points leagues.

Thanks go to our Patsplanet head2head league commissioner #2 Mr. Steel and maybe this way we can better determine what kind of league is better and run them simultaneously.

Happy to have PatsButterfly aboard and hope we can add a 14th soon, since if you have an odd number of teams that means somebody has to have a bye week which FF vets agree kind of sucks.

Now off to rank my selections........

I am back,

Actually there was no worm, but the blackout took a hell of a lot out of us in Ottawa. However, I am back and here are the results of the survey.

What type league do you want to play in?
Response Percent

Points 62.5%

2. How long should players remain on Waivers?
Response Total
2 Days 37.5%
3 Days 25%

3. The trade deadline should be!
Nov. 21 37.5%

4. Should we use defensive players or defensive teams. We can choose Any Defensive Player (D) 2 Defensive Line (DL) Includes linebackers 2 Defensive Backs (DB) or teams (you choose a team to represent your overall defensive ability)
Teams 62.5%

5. How many players should we have on our bench? Recommended 6.

6 87.5% 7

Here is my league set-up!

One main point is that NOBODY uses the Jetsy Green and White helmet or they are deducted 10 points a week.

The League ID# is 395176
Password is - brady

Draft Type: Autopick
Yahoo! ID: reteprekrap
League Name: (CFL) Patriots Planet
Team Name: Brady's Boys
Email Address: ottawaradio@hotmail.com
Show Email: Yes
Notify Me: Yes
Maximum Number of Teams: 14
Start Scoring in Week: Week 1
Maximum Moves: No maximum
Maximum Trades: No maximum
Scoring Type: Point-based League
Waiver Time: 2 days
Post Draft Players: Waivers
Last Trade Date: Friday, November 21
Trade Reject Time: 2 days
Bye Points: Yes
Playoffs: No Playoffs
Starting Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF, Bench, Bench, Bench, Bench, Bench, Bench
Statistical Categories (Offense): Passing Yards (40)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-2)
Sacks (-1)
Rushing Yards (20)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Receptions (1)
Reception Yards (20)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Yards (25)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2 Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Statistical Categories (Kickers): Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Point After Attempt Missed (-1)
Statistical Categories (Defensive Team): 0 Pts Allowed (10)
1-6 Pts Allowed (7)
7-13 Pts Allowed (4)
14-20 Pts Allowed (1)
21-27 Pts Allowed (0)
28-34 Pts Allowed (-1)
35+ Pts Allowed (-4)
Sack (1)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
Fractional Points: No
Negative Points: Yes

Ottawapatty -- I just tried to join the league, but it is giving me an incorrect password error. You might want to check both the League ID and the password.

Talk about a trial by fire, from ZERO FFL experice to three teams this year! Should be interesting -- had first draft last night! :)

Note to Matt: you might want to edit your last post to show the league password as brady instead of Brady - the lower case matters in Yahoo.

I'm in!

I'm ranking my players. Do I simply pick my top 10 wishlist, if you will?

I also "stuck" this thread so it will remain at the top of the page. Is that cool with you guys and gals?

Pookie--
Yeah, just rank the players how you see it. I guess the computer will just take the highest player left when it is your time to pick. I don't know how it will handle filling the all the positions though.

As far as sticking this thread.........NO!!!!!!!, unstick it right now! Why you ask? I'm not really sure :confused:

Just to remind everyone there are two leagues to join, so fill them both up.

Scoring = Head-to-Head
the id # is 388685 the league name is.... PatsPlanet
The PASSWORD is.... tdasmith

and

Scoring = Points
The League ID# is 395176
Password is - brady

SEPatsFan said:
Pookie--
Yeah, just rank the players how you see it. I guess the computer will just take the highest player left when it is your time to pick. I don't know how it will handle filling the all the positions though.

How many can I put in there to rank? It seems like you can rank as many as you want. It even allowed me to rank a defense as one of my picks.

Ok, things are progressing well and teams are being added to each league as we speak.

I built a team for myself in each league (Hawgs heroes/Lost Planet Airmen) and also added one in each for the long lost NoRespect (Norespects raiders) as was detailed in a previous post in this thread.

I wasn't sure how I should handle it exactly but I created an ID in Yahoo for him and will let the computer autoselect his draft choices. When he returns I will give him the password I created and let him take over from that point. I'm just trying to be fair and will let his team autopilot.

Hopefully everyone that indicated interest will jump in and sign up ASAP since the league ID is public info to anyone that lurks here and there is no real way to stop anybody from signing up.

If someone that wants in gets shut out somehow and there is still time left then I will delete one of my teams to let you in. Just let me know in a post or PM.

pookie said:
How many can I put in there to rank? It seems like you can rank as many as you want. It even allowed me to rank a defense as one of my picks.

Pook,

Go to the edit/pre-rankings screen and click on the top left pulldown next to Show:

If you select ALL then it will list every player that is ranked, so there is no limit to how many guys you can rank, as long as you have that kind of patience.

Or things are THAT slow at work:eek:

This is how the points are awarded for defense in the (CFL) Patriots Planet League.

0 Pts Allowed (10)
1-6 Pts Allowed (7)
7-13 Pts Allowed (4)
14-20 Pts Allowed (1)
21-27 Pts Allowed (0)
28-34 Pts Allowed (-1)
35+ Pts Allowed (-4)
Sack (1)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)

Mostly deals with points, with some points for bigger plays

Like a first round draft pick who held out and missed the beginning of camp, I obviously have a lot of catching up to do.

I've got the playbook, but there is a lot to digest. I've got to get up to speed and get in game shape and there's not a lot of time.

I'm sorry the flobberworm kept me out of action during this critical time (fortunately, Snape gave a potion to Madame Pomfrey, and I've been released from the hospital wing, fully cured). Until a few years ago, I was in a pool with childhood friends that completely dominated our collective existence from Labor Day to New Years. However, I bailed because I was sick of winning the right to chase a friend (or a friend of a friend) all Spring for the money I was owed.

I have longed for a Fantasy League to join that is free of the stink of deadbeatism ever since. I'll try tonight to figure out the online whys and wherefores. Don't anyone be afraid to explain the procedures to me like I'm four years old.

There's a fine line between clever and stupid...

ItsGood_ItsGood said:
Like a first round draft pick who held out and missed the beginning of camp, I obviously have a lot of catching up to do.

I'll try tonight to figure out the online whys and wherefores. Don't anyone be afraid to explain the procedures to me like I'm four years old.

There's a fine line between clever and stupid...

First off, you have to sign up to be a member of Yahoo, if you're not yet a Yahoo... this is wicked easy. Then find your way to the free fantasy football section of Yahoo and sign up for this league. Try this link....It may or may not work. But it may take you right to a login screen that'll offer you the opportunity to sign up. Then you create your team and player rankings, which is really just a wish list. Then, when Matt throws the proverbial switch, you get whatever the server gives you (hopefully some of your higher ranked players).

pookie said:
First off, you have to sign up to be a member of Yahoo, if you're not yet a Yahoo... this is wicked easy. Then find your way to the free fantasy football section of Yahoo and sign up for this league. Try this link....It may or may not work. But it may take you right to a login screen that'll offer you the opportunity to sign up. Then you create your team and player rankings, which is really just a wish list. Then, when Matt throws the proverbial switch, you get whatever the server gives you (hopefully some of your higher ranked players).

Got it! I'm on board for both leagues. Further proof that even blind squirrel can find a nut. Or that even Chris Canty could find the ballcarrier.

See you in the (Fantasy Football) pool...

Back