Feel like getting goosebumps?

Joe

Registered Loser
Reaction score
In my opinion it's never too early to reminisce. Remember this video Brady posted on his Facebook, in the midst of all the deflate gate drama. I get chills every time I watch it. I moved to Boston in early October and the first game I watched was the Chiefs game. It felt like it really was the beginning of the end to me, but I kept my Patriots flags on my car and stuck with them through it. I remember the toll booth guy saying "Geez you still have that flag up after that showing against KC?" Who'd have thought...anyway. Enjoy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NpccjyLNU1s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpccjyLNU1s if the embedding doesn't work

In my opinion it's never too early to reminisce. Remember this video Brady posted on his Facebook, in the midst of all the deflate gate drama. I get chills every time I watch it. I moved to Boston in early October and the first game I watched was the Chiefs game. It felt like it really was the beginning of the end to me, but I kept my Patriots flags on my car and stuck with them through it. I remember the toll booth guy saying "Geez you still have that flag up after that showing against KC?" Who'd have thought...anyway. Enjoy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NpccjyLNU1s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpccjyLNU1s if the embedding doesn't work

I remember back in May of '04, I was in the hardware store with my Red Sox hat on and some buttmunch Yankee fan (redundant, I know) says to me "I wouldn't wear that hat anymore. Haven't you learned?" and shows me his Yankee tattoo. "This is real baseball" he says to me.

I said "Do I know you?" He says back "No. But I know you. And dozens of people that suffer just like you."

Wanted to punch him right in the face.

I so wish I would have bumped into him again in October. I went to the hardware store a lot during the two weeks after the ALCS. Never saw him again.

What makes people think it's OK to say crap like that to anyone? Freaking toll collector giving you crap. Unbelievable.

I remember back in May of '04, I was in the hardware store with my Red Sox hat on and some buttmunch Yankee fan (redundant, I know) says to me "I wouldn't wear that hat anymore. Haven't you learned?" and shows me his Yankee tattoo. "This is real baseball" he says to me.

I said "Do I know you?" He says back "No. But I know you. And dozens of people that suffer just like you."

I so wish I would have bumped into him again in October. I went to the hardware store a lot during the two weeks after the ALCS. Never saw him again.

What makes people think it's OK to say crap like that to anyone? Freaking toll collector giving you crap. Unbelievable.

I remember I was still taken aback. I mean again by all means I had told myself "Welp, here come the dark years," but I wasn't about to take down my flags and hide my Pats gear and put a bag over my head. Oh well, he can enjoy the view from outside :celebrate:

I had a fun Sox experience in February 2005. After the hex broke. Took the family to Disney and we did a side trip to the Kennedy Space Center. You get on a bus and tour the various facilities. I was hanging outside the bus and got talking to the driver. Turns out he was a snowbird from my town. I was wearing the Sox gear. The driver nudges me and there's this Yankee fan in line to get on the bus, and driver tells me he's going to have some fun with this guy. So we get moving and the driver gets on the PA and asks " So we got any Yankee fans here today?" This guy stands up. Then he asks "We got any Boston fans" and the whole bus starts yelling at the NY fan. My 15 YO son was sitting across from the guy and he says to him "You get over it yet?" ROFL it was epic and the first time I ever heard the kid bust a grownups ass.

I live on the front lines of the Red Sox-Yankee rivalry.

I live near Hartford, so ~ 1/2 the people are Red Sox fans and about 1/2 are Yankee fans.

Well, I'd been getting a world of shit from the Yankee fans I work with over the years and '04 was a surreal an experience as I've had.

I freely admit I went to bed when the Yanks took the lead in game 4 (7th, 8th inning?)

I figured we'd just been swept and since it was a Sunday night, and it was already pushing 11:00, I figured there was no point in staying up.

I was pleasantly surprised to learn we won the next morning.

At work I confidently told all the Yankee fans.

"You do realize, this means it's going seven games."

They all looked at me with a perplexed expression.

"Trust me, I know the Red Sox. They either get swept in 4, or go to 7. They're not pedestrian enough to lose in 5 or six, no. They either get swept to show they shouldn't have been there in the first place, or go 7 to taunt us.

Bank on it, this is going 7."

The looks on their faces each morning for the rest of that week was priceless. I could see the fear begin to creep in as they couldn't believe how things were unfolding.

So when it came to the last day, they were all over me.

"So you said you guys would win huh?"

"No, I said it would go to 7 games, I never said who would win the 7th game."

The next day, I couldn't resist.

"So, how does it feel to know that you've set a record in futility that can never be beaten, only tied?"

No one answered.

The video was awesome ..especially the pass from Troy Brown to Amendola ...

This is good, too. "Inside the Mind of Tom Brady" by NFL Films. The comments are even better

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KMozr_Q-me4?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMozr_Q-me4

Back