Felger Hits New Low

Don't the responses here perfectly prove Felger's point??? Contact his station/boss? Get him fired??? Who cares what he thinks. JHFC, the Pats just won the Super Bowl for Godsakes.

So, I like where you're heads at, however "letting them know you're outraged" is also "letting them know you're watching".

Their business model is clicks. If you want to hurt their wallets, you have to stop clicking and start shunning.

Also, sidebar, as someone who has started shunning like 99% of sports media, I promise you you'll miss nothing. These dummies add nothing to your life but irritation.

I clicked nothing from their airplay. It’s Barstool.

These personalities just don’t get it. They are SO self absorbed.

This asshole move by Felger.

Rich was crushing Durant’s media slam this morning and Toucher was chirping in the background - yes, yes it is your JOB to communicate with the media. We are a massive role in the publicity and value of these franchises. Huh?

They don’t get it. Every person I know laughs and mocks these guys when the stars diss them. I don’t know a single person who gripes about Bill when he shows his media disdain. I revel in it. He doesn’t crush everyone. He knows. He targets asshats.

These personalities just don’t get it. They are SO self absorbed.

This asshole move by Felger.

Rich was crushing Durant’s media slam this morning and Toucher was chirping in the background - yes, yes it is your JOB to communicate with the media. We are a massive role in the publicity and value of these franchises. Huh?

They don’t get it. Every person I know laughs and mocks these guys when the stars diss them. I don’t know a single person who gripes about Bill when he shows his media disdain. I revel in it. He doesn’t crush everyone. He knows. He targets asshats.

they say and do this shit to get the exact reaction they currently are. It will drive ratings because people will tune in to hear first hand what assholes they are. Occasionally my son will bounce me something that Cowherd has said...and I'll only listen because I know he appreciates the Pats and thinks the Cowboys and Steelers are total dumpster fires.

I clicked nothing from their airplay. It’s Barstool.

If you tell them you're upset about their content, the implication is that you've seen their content. If you've seen the content they've done their job.

See, you guys appear to act like their job is to provide insightful commentary and useful information about your favorite sports team. It is not. It's to grab your attention to sell ads and the best way to do that is to piss you off.

But, like I said before, I don't believe you guys want them to stop this kind of crap because it gives you something to be mad about.

If you tell them you're upset about their content, the implication is that you've seen their content. If you've seen the content they've done their job.

See, you guys appear to act like their job is to provide insightful commentary and useful information about your favorite sports team. It is not. It's to grab your attention to sell ads and the best way to do that is to piss you off.

But, like I said before, I don't believe you guys want them to stop this kind of crap because it gives you something to be mad about.

Probably right.

It’s the regions engine.

Why stop now, with all these spoils of victory?

<header class="entry-header"> WEEI’s Super Decline

<time class="entry-date published" datetime="2019-02-08T10:12:23-05:00">February 8, 2019</time>ironheadbjbsj
</header> <figure class="aligncenter">
weei.jpg
<figcaption>Program Director Joe Zarbano is at the helm of WEEI.</figcaption></figure>
Don Imus isn’t walking through that door, WEEI fans. Eddie Andelman’s not walking through that door, and Ted Sarandis isn’t walking through that door.
Grey and old Glenn Ordway and Dale Arnold walk through that door and into a WEEI studio daily, thanks to Program Director Joe Zarbano’s Operation Flux Capacitor, going back to the future while attempting to breathe life into SinkingShip.com with the Wheeze Kids.

In Joe Z’s defense, a future with Rich Teeth, Mike Mutnansky, Blackmailing Pissant Alex Reimer and Sexual Harassment Enthusiast Marc James would have any sane person diving for their Rolodex to see if The Fabulous Sports Babe’s flip-phone works. Sadly, Touchdown Twins Ron Hobson and Kevin Mannix won’t accept his calls.
Let’s look at Zarbano’s personnel decisions which has helped turn the one-time Number One Sports Station In America into the 2017 Browns:
AM Drive: Mut and Callahan
Gerry singlehandedly keeps the US Postal Service in business with bulk purchases of stamps, mailing it in. Mut’s charisma bypass surgery was a rousing success. When you turn to Libelist John Tomase and Alex Reimer for a boost, a Joe Zarbano/Hue Jackson comparison begins to make sense.
BJBSJ Grade: -4.3
Middays: Dale and Keefe

What can be said about Dale that hasn’t been said about Wonder Bread? My heart goes out to him, because I suspect he wants to open a vein anytime Rich Teeth mentions the words, “Keefe’s Keys” or “Keefespiracies”. This show exists to ensure Marc Bertrand and Scott Zolak receive quarterly ratings bonuses.
BJBSJ Grade: -1.5
PM Drive: Ordway, Merloni, and Fauria
Time to stoke up the Weiner Whiner Line!
The person happiest about Ordway’s return to WEEI? It had to be Mrs. Ordway, who got her attic back… Unfiltered. Modern Day Glenn’s ex-athlete on-air partners are Lou Merloni and Christian Fauria. Listeners are begging Zarbano to extend Operation Flux Capacitor to bring back Steve Nelson and Fred Smerlas to replace the IQ-challenged Merloni/Fauria combo.
Also, why is Fauria yelling at me?
BJBSJ Grade: -3.1

• <figure>
    capture-2.png
    </figure>
WEEI At Night
Entercom stockholders have proposed shutting down their 50,000 Watt transmitter after the 6pm Sports Flash in order to improve the broadcast quality.
BJBSJ Grade: N/A
<figure class="aligncenter">
weei11.jpg
<figcaption>WEEI At Night: Don’t worry – no one’s listening anyways</figcaption></figure>
What in the name of Mike Salk is Zarbano thinking?

At the end of the day, sportz radio consumers should root for WEEI to improve enough to have the despicable Felger, Massarotti, and Murray piss their pants and look over their shoulder. Is Joe Zarbano the person to do that?

I’ll tell you after this.

No. No, he’s not.

https://bjbsjournal.com/2019/02/08/weeis-super-decline/

bjbsjournal has nothing to do with Bedard's site.

<header class="entry-header"> Mediot In Focus: “Big” Jim Murray

<time class="entry-date published" datetime="2019-02-06T16:38:33-05:00">February 6, 2019</time>ironheadbjbsj
</header> <figure class="aligncenter">
murray1.jpg
<figcaption>Does Big Jim blow anyone? I’m Just Asking The Question, caller.</figcaption></figure>
Boston mediots tend to fall into three categories: The colossally stupid, the willfully ignorant, and the utterly worthless. Throw in an over-sized ego and bloated sense of self-worth, and it’s more plain than Felger’s dye job:
Jim Murray’s a five-toolbag mediot that checks all the boxes.
It’s not easy to be the dumbest person on a radio show that features Mensa Mazz and Jimmy Stewart, but Murray pulls it off. A takez-flinging dullard whose spiritual Godfather is Pete Sheppard, Murray has a lower profile at 985 than Jon Wallach. Did you see anyone carrying a MURRAY HEAD around at the Patriots parade, caller? DID YOU? DID YOU?
murray3.jpg
<figcaption>WALLACH HEAD – actual size</figcaption></figure>
The suits at 985 The SportzKlan did throw Large Gym’s ego a bone, creating a doll with eyes nearly as vacant as the man himself.
capture-1.png
<figcaption>Big Gym Murray Doll – Actual Size Intellect</figcaption></figure>
Sources tell #BJBSJ that Murray is biding his time until (a) the big Pandora voiceover money starts rolling in or (b) Jimmy Stewart is taken in for questioning regarding missing felines at MSPCA locations near the Town Fair Tire Studios.
Also, Big Gym hates your children.

If you’re stuck under something heavier than Marc Bertrand and aren’t able to turn the station, remember when listening to F&M that Mazz, Stewart and Large Gym are employed because Felger believes in the Law of Thornton Melon: “If you wanna look smart, you hang out with dumb people.”
murr1.jpg
<figcaption>The Law of Thornton Melon lives as the 985 Peter Principle.</figcaption></figure>

https://bjbsjournal.com/2019/02/06/mediot-in-focus-big-jim-murray/

Living far away from Boston, I live stream some of these radio shows just to hear whats going on. I think Fred Toucher is a ginormous piece of crap, along with Felger and his puppet Mazz. Mazz was a good baseball writer at one time too.

It's really annoying and I hate supporting them, but it is something to listen to on my hour long commute.

Adam Jones seems to be a little better. I don't listen at noon but I imagine Zolack might be good.

If you guys have another station you recommend, besides WEEI, that would be great.

As for this latest jerk move, I'm writing Beasley now.

Mazz was a good baseball writer at one time too.

no, he wasn't. Him, Shank and the whole crew are a bunch asswads when it comes to writing about the Sox. Gammons is the only decent baseball writer the city of Boston has ever seen. Nothing but throwing shit at the wall and praying some of it will stick.

no, he wasn't. Him, Shank and the whole crew are a bunch asswads when it comes to writing about the Sox. Gammons is the only decent baseball writer the city of Boston has ever seen. Nothing but throwing shit at the wall and praying some of it will stick.

Last few years Gammons has wrote the most freaking weird stuff on twitter I have ever seen. I think he lost it.

I thought the low point for Felger was saying Roy Halladay "got what he deserved" on the day he died

I thought the low point for Felger was saying Roy Halladay "got what he deserved" on the day he died

It was despicable.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

I agree, Portnoy sucks. his act is old and he is too old to act like that.

I don't get either. I mean what's his complaint? :coffee:

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

I CAN SAY THAT AGAIN.

If I were you fellas, I'd follow Mike Reiss for updates and that would be it. Anything Pats related that's remotely important he'll tell you about in a reasonable and fair manner.

That's what I've done (sub in Mike Chappel) and I've never once regretted it.

If I were you fellas, I'd follow Mike Reiss for updates and that would be it. Anything Pats related that's remotely important he'll tell you about in a reasonable and fair manner.

That's what I've done (sub in Mike Chappel) and I've never once regretted it.

Hmmm... funny.

Irsay’s same “source”.

View attachment 102507

Living far away from Boston, I live stream some of these radio shows just to hear whats going on. I think Fred Toucher is a ginormous piece of crap, along with Felger and his puppet Mazz. Mazz was a good baseball writer at one time too.

It's really annoying and I hate supporting them, but it is something to listen to on my hour long commute.

Adam Jones seems to be a little better. I don't listen at noon but I imagine Zolack might be good.

If you guys have another station you recommend, besides WEEI, that would be great.

As for this latest jerk move, I'm writing Beasley now.

Adam Jones is constantly 2nd guessing every move BB makes from a negative pov. I can't stand the guy myself. In fact he angers me just as much as Felger does so I haven't listened to either one in months.

Back