FFL advice

jetstream1066

Reaction score
Ridley Vs the Jets

or
Ellington Vs the seahawks

thoughts ?

I have a rule that I never start anyone that plays against the Pats. So if I were you, the choice would be made for me (you being a Jets fan and Ridley playing against your team).

But if it were MY team, I'd start Ridley over Ellington and not think twice about it.

I have a rule that I never start anyone that plays against the Pats. So if I were you, the choice would be made for me (you being a Jets fan and Ridley playing against your team).

But if it were MY team, I'd start Ridley over Ellington and not think twice about it.

No question you start Ridley. Imagine when they look at game film this week they are going to see how much more productive he was than everyone else last week and he is going to get a few more carries.

Ridley Vs the Jets

or

thoughts ?

Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians told reporters last week that he sees rookie Andre Ellington as "a 30-32 snap player" going forward, and that Ellington "does not have the body type to hold up over more." Ellington has played very well, vastly outplaying Rashad Mendenhall this year but Arians is basically saying that the two players will split snaps fairly evenly the rest of this season.

Ridley converted 8-of-20 rushes inside the five-yard-line for touchdowns in 2012. Not so this year. For a back that doesn't factor into the passing game, Ridley’s sole uses, volume and touchdowns, are droppiing fast from a fantasy perspective. The Pats are throwing near the end zone more effectively than running even with Gronk not in the lineup yet. If the Pats get up by a big margin with time to kill, Ridley could be big. If not, Ridley could be a detriment to a fantasy team owner. I don't do fantasy anymore but if I did, I'd look to trade Ridley since Blount and Bolden are taking snaps he used to get.

Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians told reporters last week that he sees rookie Andre Ellington as "a 30-32 snap player" going forward, and that Ellington "does not have the body type to hold up over more." Ellington has played very well, vastly outplaying Rashad Mendenhall this year but Arians is basically saying that the two players will split snaps fairly evenly the rest of this season.

Ridley converted 8-of-20 rushes inside the five-yard-line for touchdowns in 2012. Not so this year. For a back that doesn't factor into the passing game, Ridley’s sole uses, volume and touchdowns, are droppiing fast from a fantasy perspective. The Pats are throwing near the end zone more effectively than running even with Gronk not in the lineup yet. If the Pats get up by a big margin with time to kill, Ridley could be big. If not, Ridley could be a detriment to a fantasy team owner. I don't do fantasy anymore but if I did, I'd look to trade Ridley since Blount and Bolden are taking snaps he used to get.

I'm not sure how much longer Blount will get those carries. He's terrible.

Yeah, and trying to trade Ridley is problematic for fantasy owners because everyone knows the situation in NE and it's almost impossible to get anything good back in a trade.

Plus, that doesn't help jetsbro this week.

Ridley Vs the Jets

or

thoughts ?

I think Ridley is a special back, (with the big exception of him having fumbling issues at times). If he fumbles, BB will likely sit him. Otherwise, it's likely he'll get decent yards and a TD.

Yeah, and trying to trade Ridley is problematic for fantasy owners because everyone knows the situation in NE and it's almost impossible to get anything good back in a trade.

Plus, that doesn't help jetsbro this week.

I think Ridley is a special back, (with the big exception of him having fumbling issues at times). If he fumbles, BB will likely sit him. Otherwise, it's likely he'll get decent yards and a TD.

I love Ridley in the real world but in the fantasy world he won't do much for you. I agree with you Os that Blount is a downgrade but BB loves Blount (for some reason) and in the fantasy world, Blount & Bolden splitting carries is a killer for Ridley's value as is Ridley's lack of TDs. As for trade value, I've seen Christine Michael offered straight up for Ridley. I'd do that in a heartbeat.

I had to do it. I traded Brady away for Big Ben & Mathews. I needed RB help once I lost Wilson & Martin to injuries. Ivory sucked as my starting RB last week.

I had to do it. I traded Brady away for Big Ben & Mathews. I needed RB help once I lost Wilson & Martin to injuries. Ivory sucked as my starting RB last week.

The way things are going right now, that's a good trade. Who'd have thought that at the beginning of the season? :high:

I have to sink or swim with my Pats though...one of my self-imposed rules that allow me to play fantasy football. It's been pretty rough this year, though have somehow managed to maintain a 4-4 team. But the losses have been brutal.

My season has turned around in the pats planet league. I went from 10th to 3rd place .

My season has turned around in the pats planet league. I went from 10th to 3rd place .

I'm somehow maintaining 2nd place (1st in my division) with Roethlisberger at QB. Glad I didn't trade for Shaub :wink:

3-5 here. I got absolutely crushed last week as I started Thompkins and Amendola, and I got a whopping 1.5 points from them. This week Megatron is on a bye, so that can't end up well for me unless Pats players step up.

3-5 here. I got absolutely crushed last week as I started Thompkins and Amendola, and I got a whopping 1.5 points from them. This week Megatron is on a bye, so that can't end up well for me unless Pats players step up.

You think that's bad? In my money league, my bye-week fill-in Defense (Saints) scored the most points on my entire team with 10. :spock:

Who I started:
Tom Brady
LeSean McCoy
Joseph Randle
Justin Blackmon
Danny Amendola
Rob Gronkowski
Jordan Cameron
Garrett Hartley
Saints Defense

With Brady, Amendola, and Gronk combining for 11 points, the Eagles horrible QB situation and the Cowboys inability to run, I racked up 45 points against my opponents 119. :shake:

My team has been injury plagued all year. Roddy White, Reggie Wayne, Shane Vereen, Gronk, Miles Austin. But the biggest disappointment by far has been TFB. He's absolutely killed me this year (I've taken him every year going back to 2002). Urgh.

I feel a little badly for Thompkins. Since wk 5 opponents have, by and large, put their best CB on Thompkins, realizing he had been the Pats best WR threat. Amendola needs to get back to 100% to become THE GUY for the Pats again before Thompkins can shed that A+ coverage. Pitt has pretty good DBs so this may not be your week.

Some have asked if I think Dobson has passed KT in the pecking order after the last 2 wks. The situation is more complicated than X has passed Y bc the situation means everything. For instance, vs the Jets, Rex put Cromartie on KT and that's a tough match for any WR. Add in that they play different WR positions, Dobson being the boundary guy, & that Amendola, KT and Edelman can all share the same routes and you can see why KT's targets went down last week vs Miami. All in all, I still think KT is the better player between him and Dobson, but the situations have dictated targets and KT lost out the last 2 games. That may turn, should turn, when Amendola gets fully healthy to pull the A+ coverage.

I feel a little badly for Thompkins. Since wk 5 opponents have, by and large, put their best CB on Thompkins, realizing he had been the Pats best WR threat. Amendola needs to get back to 100% to become THE GUY for the Pats again before Thompkins can shed that A+ coverage. Pitt has pretty good DBs so this may not be your week.

Some have asked if I think Dobson has passed KT in the pecking order after the last 2 wks. The situation is more complicated than X has passed Y bc the situation means everything. For instance, vs the Jets, Rex put Cromartie on KT and that's a tough match for any WR. Add in that they play different WR positions, Dobson being the boundary guy, & that Amendola, KT and Edelman can all share the same routes and you can see why KT's targets went down last week vs Miami. All in all, I still think KT is the better player between him and Dobson, but the situations have dictated targets and KT lost out the last 2 games. That may turn, should turn, when Amendola gets fully healthy to pull the A+ coverage.

Yeah, I benched him last week and it paid off. This week I was thin, so I went with him. I think he was targeted once? I can't really take that chance.

Anyway, somehow Kenny Stills was waived, so I picked him up. He's gonna have to do.

Yeah, I benched him last week and it paid off. This week I was thin, so I went with him. I think he was targeted once? I can't really take that chance.

Anyway, somehow Kenny Stills was waived, so I picked him up. He's gonna have to do.

I benched KT too. For Amendola :doh:

Turns out it didn't matter much.

I benched KT too. For Amendola :doh:

Turns out it didn't matter much.

I haven't watched the game a 2nd time and may not but the biggest 2 questions I had following the game was 1) where was Amendola & 2) why wasn't he used more. Especially if Collie is going to take KT's routes you'd think Amendola and/or Edelman would get lots of throws. Limited total plays, limited TOP and more runs, yes, but Amendola disappeared right in front of my eyes.

I haven't watched the game a 2nd time and may not but the biggest 2 questions I had following the game was 1) where was Amendola & 2) why wasn't he used more. Especially if Collie is going to take KT's routes you'd think Amendola and/or Edelman would get lots of throws. Limited total plays, limited TOP and more runs, yes, but Amendola disappeared right in front of my eyes.

I had the same question. Given his role within the offense, he just needs to be involved more, period. The only thing that comes to mind is that they were concentrating on the run game, but that still doesn't really explain why #80 was so invisible, unless he was super-covered...but I don't have a great eye for that kind of thing. FWIW, Gronk was hardly involved either, but I believe he was double covered most of the day (which, you'd think, would have opened up the game for some of the other guys).

Back