First Game Of The 2013 Regular Season, Broncos vs Ravens

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
This should be a really good game with lots of story lines interesting to Patriots fans. I want to see first hand how Manning uses WW. A below average running game for the Broncos. No Von Miller or Dumervil.

In spite of the changes on the Ravens' defense, I expect them to be better defensively this year. And very physical once again. I don't expect Flacco to be as lucky as he was in the playoffs.

The Ravens went 1-4 in their last 5 games of the regular 2012 season then went 4-0 in the playoffs to win it all. Flacco had karma last year.

For the record: The home team usually wins the NFL's prime-time kickoff game. In the past 10 years, the home team has won nine times. A year ago, the visiting San Francisco 49ers upset the New York Giants 16-13 to end a 9-0 streak for the home team.
Streaking: Baltimore finished the 2012 regular season 1-5, including 0-3 on the road, before going 4-0 in the playoffs (3-0 on the road, including the neutral Super Bowl site).
Who's hot: The Broncos in their opener. They are 33-19-1 all time (.632). Only the Dallas Cowboys (35-17-1, .670) are better in Week 1.
Who's not: Broncos coach John Fox is 5-6 in openers for the lowest winning percentage (.455) among the 17 active NFL coaches with more than two seasons. Fox is 1-1 with the Broncos.
Key stat: Since the NFL expanded to a 16-game schedule in 1982 (and excluding the 1982 abbreviated season), the team winning its opener is more than twice as likely to make the playoffs as the loser. Last year, eight of the 12 playoff teams won their openers.
FYI: This is a two-city celebration to kick off the NFL season. The league will host an hour-long televised concert in Baltimore to honor the world champions beginning at 5:30 p.m. MDT.
Injury report: Ravens — DT Art Jones (illness) and TE Dennis Pitta (hip) are out. OL Ryan Jensen (foot), WR Deonte Thompson (foot) and DT Brandon Williams (toe) did not practice Monday. Broncos — CB Champ Bailey (foot), TE Joel Dreessen (knee) and RB C.J. Anderson (knee) did not practice Monday.
Coachspeak: "All eyes are on the Broncos and their tremendous football team and their really hostile environment." — Ravens coach John Harbaugh
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24000946/broncos-eye-ravens-nfl-season-opener

Manning must endure sharing King Kong-sized murals at the stadium with Joe Flacco. Both have won the same number of Super Bowls — one.
Eleven quarterbacks have won multiple Super Bowls — topped by Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw with four each. The Green Bay Packers' Bart Starr won five world championships (including three in the NFL before the merger). Troy Aikman and Tom Brady have been winning quarterbacks in three Super Bowls.
Manning's boss, John Elway, and Manning's brother, Eli, both have two. A late interception cost Peyton his second.
http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_23991897/man-who-would-be-king

How does it go? Sometimes when you want to slow down, you have to speed up. Or so it is for the Broncos this year. They want to play fast. And to help them hurry, they stole Welker away from New England.
http://www.denverpost.com/klis/ci_23991498/broncos-want-ball-clock-moving

It changed my life. And then when the Bronco contract thing happened, I was going through my faith part, and it was hard going through all that, but at the same time, looking back on it, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be." Don't misunderstand. The events that led to his departure from Denver? They sting. Since he was selected by the Broncos in the fourth round of the 2006 draft, Dumervil heard loud roars from the always sold-out Sports Authority Field at Mile High crowd whenever he sacked the quarterback.
He knows the crowd may react differently if he happens to sack Peyton Manning in the NFL season opener Thursday night between his current Ravens and his former Broncos.
"I get it," Dumervil said. "But I was the guy who got fired. And I responded."
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24001126/former-bronco-elvis-dumervil-finds-peace-faith-and

This could be fun.

GO RAVENS!

I'm hoping that Manning comes out in playoff form and throws a couple pick 6s, (and it would be nice if one of them bounces off Welker's hands).

Oh yeah, I also hope Flacco has all day to throw, and toasts that Bronco's secondary.

This will be a hard game to watch. I really don't like either team. It will be interesting to see the chemistry between Manning and Welker. I am hoping for a physical game and a Denver win. I'm not worried about the Broncos long term but I don't want the Ravens to believe in themselves.

Denver @ Baltimore @ Denver.

I want to see Manning's uniform inside-out and backwards by halftime ROFL

I think the Ravens offense might struggle a bit, they never did look comfortable in preseason. Want to see how they do in the passing game without Boldin and Pitta. Ravens D does look better and it might work for awhile, I just wonder how the leadership is going to be if things start going bad, they lost most of that this offseason.

It's unfortunate that these teams have to both play on opening night because I don't want either to win. I think Denver will prevail.

Go Ravens. I'll pitch in if there's a bounty on 83.

We need to tweet Suggs and tell him some lies that Welker said about him, Suggs is stupid and will believe anything...and then we are on our way.

We need to tweet Suggs and tell him some lies that Welker said about him, Suggs is stupid and will believe anything...and then we are on our way.

I'm torn. As much as I'm rooting for 83 to get injured in every game, I really want it to be us that breaks him. Tough choices.

I'm torn. As much as I'm rooting for 83 to get injured in every game, I really want it to be us that breaks him. Tough choices.

Yeah I would have to say watching Arrington shut him down would be a thing dreams are made of.

It's funny. We are trying to hate WW, but he thinks we sent him away when he wanted to stay.

It's funny. We are trying to hate WW, but he thinks we sent him away when he wanted to stay.

My hate for Welker not when he left, but by the things he has said since he left. If he wanted to stay he could have, if the pats wanted to keep him, he would still be here. Many players have left this team and did not come out and say the crap he did about the coach here....or that Brady hamstrung him by making him run the routes he wanted him to run or he would not throw him the ball. Yes its called running an offense, no Wes we did not want you free lancing trying to run deep patterns against better DB's. When he was here the pats got his strengths from him, if he had more strengths, they would have looked to get those too, but he didn't.

My hate for Welker not when he left, but by the things he has said since he left. If he wanted to stay he could have, if the pats wanted to keep him, he would still be here. Many players have left this team and did not come out and say the crap he did about the coach here....or that Brady hamstrung him by making him run the routes he wanted him to run or he would not throw him the ball. Yes its called running an offense, no Wes we did not want you free lancing trying to run deep patterns against better DB's. When he was here the pats got his strengths from him, if he had more strengths, they would have looked to get those too, but he didn't.

I don't think I have read any comments where WW said anything negative about TB. It was the Bronco people who said he could run deeper routes, I thought. It remains to be seen if he can, or if Manning can get him the ball if he does.

Tie works for me, too. Preferably one with Manning throwing a pick in the end zone or something to that effect.

I don't think I have read any comments where WW said anything negative about TB. It was the Bronco people who said he could run deeper routes, I thought. It remains to be seen if he can, or if Manning can get him the ball if he does.

Welker stated it in the SI article, I do not know if it was a knock on Brady, but he said that if he did not run the routes Brady wanted then he would not throw you the ball. If Welker could run deep routes and get open, he would have done that here.....I hate to break it to you, but BB might know a bit more about what to have players do and not do to go with the strengths than Jon Fox. The first time Manning puts up a wobbly floater that Welker has to beat a corner and out jump him to the ball, and it gets picked, he will not get another. Peyton is not stupid and neither was Brady. You run the routes we tell you to run because that is what you are best at.

I hate Welker because I had to sit amongst celebrating Giants fans instead of running to the concourse to get my new hat before the trophy presentation because he has hands of stone.

And then I got to watch RavenFan take over our stadium as the clock wound down on another missed new hat in part because of his love of volleyball.

I hate Welker because I had to sit amongst celebrating Giants fans instead of running to the concourse to get my new hat before the trophy presentation because he has hands of stone.

And then I got to watch RavenFan take over our stadium as the clock wound down on another missed new hat in part because of his love of volleyball.

I would rather have Joe Flacco throw 6 picks, get sacked 6 times, and get shut out any day of the year. The Broncos will eventually fail, so I think it would be way more fun to have Flacco whine about how they lost because they didnt have HFA because of the Orioles ruining everything.
This would make me ecstatic.

Back