Flores suing the Giants - Dramatic revelations

@schadjoe
·
1h

Brian Flores admires and respects Tom Brady but didn’t want to tamper and also didn’t think it was the right time to recruit Brady considering the status of the Dolphins’ rebuild, which was intended to be a long-term plan, per source.

@schadjoe
Miami Dolphins journalist for Palm Beach Post. Previously ESPN, Orlando Sentinel, Newsday. Tips/Ideas: jschad@pbpost.com

This is not a good look. So Tom wanted to head to a key division rival?? I really hope this is not true.

View: https://twitter.com/adamhbeasley/status/1488624437679247360?s=21

Just so I’m understanding this correctly, Brady refused to play for MIA exclusively because Flores refused an unethical and illegal meeting that would’ve compromised himself and his team had it come to light?

And before people claim Brady just didn’t want to play for Flores because Flores comes from the BB tree, Flores had been coaching in MIA for a year at that point so Brady knew he was the coach and fielded this secret yacht meeting knowing so.

That’s pretty damning. On the flip side, Flores seems like a person of incredible courage and integrity. I have a tremendous amount of respect for him in light of this.

Last edited:
The NFL teams are going to hire the head coach that they want. But, Flores is right. Rooney Rule is a joke. Flores might never get another head coaching gig in the NFL again. I don't blame him for doing this though.

I feel bad for BB because people will read the headline and assume sinister wrongdoing when his only mistake was excitedly texting the wrong friend (who shares the same first name as the other friend) that he had gotten a job.

Between UI config, text zoom, potentially using iMessage on PC/laptop, being 70 years old (and in his 50s when texting came into existence), and being a human, that seems like a pretty harmless (and very common) mistake.

If you think you’re above a gaffe like this, you’re either a liar or haven’t been alive for a very long time.
I've done this before. I thought I was sexting one chick, and sent it to a different chick. They had different names. Oops. Their reactions were obvious...

if Brady is comparing Bucs vs. Dolphins at that time, didn't Bucs have the better roster? he also figured he could boss around Arians while Flores might have been a tougher one to go against? 🤷

It doesn't necessarily mean that "and leaves us only to conclude that Brady turned down MIA because Flores refused this illegal yacht meeting". Brady's decision might have had nothing to do with Flores and just simply that he thought Tampa was a better situation, after meeting with a number of teams.

Not sure if tampering rules extend to the player in addition to the organization. Teams get punished for tampering, but has a player ever been punished. Miami was clearly in the wrong setting up the meeting. Perhaps Brady was okay to meet and talk, but when Flores walked he realized more clearly how scummy the Dolphins are and that impacted his decision.

Not sure how Belichick gets dinged hearing about the Giants decision beforehand. I'm sure the Giants are allowed to check references and the phone call went like this.....

"Hey Bill, (name redacted) at the Giants... Listen, we're about to hire Brian Daboll and he listed you as a reference. ;) Is there anything you can tell us about him before we pull the trigger? Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Ok, that good to know. Okay Bill. That's good info. Thanks for your time. We're going to pull the trigger on Daball. Appreciate your time. Peace"

Always hated the Rooney Rule. It forces sham interviews (which the league would say is "good practice" for up and coming minority coaches"

The example I always fall back on is the day Parcells left New England. Kraft and Belichick took a very memorable ride together, inching their car thru a throng of reporters. Ultimately Kraft decided to go with Pete Carroll. Now flash forward three years. I'm sure part of the decision to fire Carroll hinged on Kraft's belief he could hire Belichick as his replacement. League insiders knew this and had the Rooney Rule existed, Kraft would have had to perform a sham interview to comply. Personally, I think sham interviews are degrading, not a good opportunity to practice interviewing skills.

Btw, what are the odds Kraft "tampered" with Belichick prior to Bill's cocktail napkin resignation. Pretty sure Kraft didn't formally request an interview with Belichick before that awesome presser by Bill.

Always hated the Rooney Rule. It forces sham interviews (which the league would say is "good practice" for up and coming minority coaches"

The example I always fall back on is the day Parcells left New England. Kraft and Belichick took a very memorable ride together, inching their car thru a throng of reporters. Ultimately Kraft decided to go with Pete Carroll. Now flash forward three years. I'm sure part of the decision to fire Carroll hinged on Kraft's belief he could hire Belichick as his replacement. League insiders knew this and had the Rooney Rule existed, Kraft would have had to perform a sham interview to comply. Personally, I think sham interviews are degrading, not a good opportunity to practice interviewing skills.

Btw, what are the odds Kraft "tampered" with Belichick prior to Bill's cocktail napkin resignation. Pretty sure Kraft didn't formally request an interview with Belichick before that awesome presser by Bill.
Well we did give the Jest a 1st round pick as the gave us a 1st round pick for tampering with Parcells. And Miami should give us a 1st round pick for asking Flores to tamper with Brady.
Tampa sounds like tamper doesn't it?

I have several times texted the wrong person, as has pretty much everyone. That said, not everyone has BB's attention to detail.

I think it is more likely than not that BB heard that DaBoll was the choice, and knew that Flores' interview was in three days, and didn't like it at all. Perhaps he is friends with Flores, or perhaps he thought it wrong. Remember when Jim Brown bitched out at Tiger Woods and other prominent and wealthy black men for not doing anything to support the poor black community. He said the one man who has done the most in that regard was the current head coach of the Cleveland Brown, Bill Belichick. It is conceivable that Bill acted in accordance with his conscience.

I don't think he did it on purpose to stick it to a division rival, or even less believable, to get even with Brady. I have Mazz and that crawhammer hater on ignore, but I can imagine them typing with one hand that this is all Bill's doing.

I don't care that Brady was going to an informal meeting.
But...
I'm pissed that Ross tried to pull this off. If this is shown to be true the Dolphins owe the Pats some draft picks
And the Jets owe us draft picks. We can’t forget to Jets.

There is no way Brady had any interest in playing for Miami. The team was in full rebuild mode entering into the 2020 season. Brady was looking for a team that he could help win a title within 2-3 seasons. Tampa Bay fit that description. That they won immediately was a historic accomplishment especially given the obstacles presented with the pandemic. It probably also hastened Brady's retirement because his goal was met faster than even he anticipated.

It's funny too Belichick's a technology misfit yet he now concocted a scenario of tipping off Flores under the guise of mistaken texts. As retribution for whichever gate or to bring down whomever is the target(s) of his brilliant plan. Seriously? He simply messed up. Texted the wrong Brian. A common mistake perhaps but that won't stop those who'll say it's not befitting of an alleged genius.

The only team that looks bad here is the Doofins. The owner needs to get hammered bad for his POS actions.

I have several times texted the wrong person, as has pretty much everyone. That said, not everyone has BB's attention to detail.

I think it is more likely than not that BB heard that DaBoll was the choice, and knew that Flores' interview was in three days, and didn't like it at all. Perhaps he is friends with Flores, or perhaps he thought it wrong. Remember when Jim Brown bitched out at Tiger Woods and other prominent and wealthy black men for not doing anything to support the poor black community. He said the one man who has done the most in that regard was the current head coach of the Cleveland Brown, Bill Belichick. It is conceivable that Bill acted in accordance with his conscience.
This actually occurred to me as well - maybe the accidental text wasn't accidental at all, but he wanted to flag it for Flores while maintaining plausible deniability. Unless he knew something about all the Ross shenanigans, it wouldn't be to stick it to a division rival, because it would come back at the Giants, not the phins.

Most likely thing is a mistext. But I think this is the next most plausible.

Back