For you wrestling fans

patsRmyboys

Fun in the Florida sun
Reaction score
RIP Mr. Fugi... 82 years old

I haven't really watched wrestling in a number of years but back in the day I was a die hard fan and enjoyed seeing Mr Fuji and Toro Tanaka fighting Tony Garea and Larry Zbyszko. Even though the latters ended up becoming heels as well.

I was telling my kid about the salt to the eyes the other day. That and classy Freddy Blassee filing his teeth prior to biting a forehead.

RIP Mr. Fugi!!

may you, Professor Tanaka, and Captain Lou share a few laughs in the squared circle in the sky.

Those were the days.

RIP, Mr. Fuji.

Yeah, Mr. Fuji was one of the greats and RIP to him.

For any fans of rasslin' from back in the day, I highly recommend a couple of docupics on Netflix. The better of the two is about the Iron Shiek and has basically everybody that was a big deal in the sport commenting on the Shiek, who was a character and a half.

The other one is about Jake the Snake Roberts trying to get himself off drugs and booze and it also has plenty of memories from the squared circle.

My favorite was when Jake brought a big white python into the ring and it sunk it's fangs right into Brutus Beefcake's (I think) shoulder, which I don't believe was planned, but Jake just threw his head back and roared laughing. I don't think you can plan shit like that. It was a great improv.

I haven't watched any wrestling in years, but both of these films were highly entertaining to me and I believe they will be for others as well.

RIP Mr. Fugi you were a fantastic Villian

Back