Forums are open and a warning system is in place (please read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Providence Colt

Reaction score
“Yes. Even more than 75% would be unvaccinated had we kept pace with where we were when Trump was still in office.”

Exactly.
Yes, that is exactly part of the mathematical certainty. That rate ended on a certain date. It ended when he left office.

Providence Colt

Reaction score
Good morning PP.
Lovely day here,
I wish the same for everyone.
Good morning, AOT. I’m currently lying in a cabana on Clearwater Beach right now. Maybe there IS something to be said for what you say on being somewhere with better weather with politics you despise! :rofl:

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
A

If you held emojis above peoples heads discussing politics that said “Dislike” that would go over poorly. If you held emojis over their head that said “Like”, I have to imagine that would be fine.
Amongst my friends it would be hilarious and we would all laugh. Trust me, I know them. You don't.

We have the parties to have a good time.

AnOldTroll

Reaction score

Providence Colt

Reaction score
Amongst my friends it would be hilarious and we would all laugh. Trust me, I know them. You don't.

We have the parties to have a good time.
You’re not amongst your friends here.

That’s the issue.

If you did that amongst strangers, particularly ones which you’re diametrically opposed to politically and have an unfriendly history with, it would go over poorly.

Providence Colt

Reaction score
Dislike added back. No effect on rep.

If you get one ignore it.

I don't want to spend any more time on this silliness.
Activating a feature only to tell people to ignore it seems counter-intuitive. When you the ability to cut off the feature (and therefore, no ignoring required) that seems much more problem-free.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
You’re not amongst your friends here.

That’s the issue.

If you did that amongst strangers, particularly ones which you’re diametrically opposed to politically and have an unfriendly history with, it would go over poorly.
You are the only one that has a public issue.

That is the bottom line.

IU_Knightmare

Reaction score
So the two biggest complaints about the emoji system so far have been the "negative rep score" and "blowing up my alerts". It's been proposed to remove the negative rep score from one or more negative emoji so that's fixed. The "blowing up my alerts" thing always made me chuckle, because whether I leave a positive emoji, negative emoji, or make a quoted reply to a post, all those result in an alert notification nonetheless. So If I chose to quote the post a person makes, type "False", "Disagree", "Nope", "WRONG" or just do a quoted emoji reply....all of those result in an alert as well.

So really, with the two biggest complaints about it either taken away (neg rep) or debunked (blowing up my alerts), what is the problem?

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
So the two biggest complaints about the emoji system so far have been the "negative rep score" and "blowing up my alerts". It's been proposed to remove the negative rep score from one or more negative emoji so that's fixed. The "blowing up my alerts" thing always made me chuckle, because whether I leave a positive emoji, negative emoji, or make a quoted reply to a post, all those result in an alert notification nonetheless. So If I chose to quote the post a person makes, type "False", "Disagree", "Nope", "WRONG" or just do a quoted emoji reply....all of those result in an alert as well.

So really, with the two biggest complaints about it either taken away (neg rep) or debunked (blowing up my alerts), what is the problem?
100%

Inspector_50

Reaction score

No the biggest complaint is personal attacks. people are using those as a way to attack to get away with it. Its a loop hole if you will. I mean hell there were two personal attacks on this very thread that nothing was done about, so in the end, nothing changed, the people who do the attacks are happy and the ones that receive the attacks can go screw themselves like before.

IU_Knightmare

Reaction score
No the biggest complaint is personal attacks. people are using those as a way to attack to get away with it. Its a loop hole if you will. I mean hell there were two personal attacks on this very thread that nothing was done about, so in the end, nothing changed, the people who do the attacks are happy and the ones that receive the attacks can go screw themselves like before.

SMH...

Providence Colt

Reaction score

I suppose you responding to discussions on substance is just out of the question.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
You are the only one that has issued a personal attack yet in this thread.

THAT is the bottom line.
There is no use, they want a utopia of circle jerk down here and frankly on the football board too. Any opinions outside the mob rules is cited for distain by the masses. I guess its ok for me and you to talk about someone on here just between me and you on the board and if that person says something, they will get in trouble, or maybe that only applies to the minority. Just found that one out earlier. I mean this thread could not even get far without personal attacks by the people that want to keep personal attacks. Notice when the posts were moderated that stopped. I did not see personal attacks, I did not have shit thrown in my face, but the masses hated that, so now basically we are back to where we were. I am sure I violated something by saying all of this, so I guess thats it for me, I will be booted away, so see you in the next life.
Frankly most do not want civil discourse and its a joke to say they do. They want to state an opinion and if you dare disagree, they will gang up and make you regret having that opinion. This has been the state on this board for a long time.
People do not discuss why they disagree, they discuss you and why you are stupid and wrong for having that opinion. So basically, its put up with it, or move on, which is probably what was the driving force in the first place.

OP
Undertaker #59*

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
There are warnings handed out.

Perhaps more to come.

You don't see warnings unless they are yours. SO don't assume "nothing is being done."

Inspector_50

Reaction score
There are warnings handed out.

Perhaps more to come.

You don't see warnings unless they are yours. SO don't assume "nothing is being done."
I assume when the post in question is not removed but others are. Not talking about just down here.

IU_Knightmare

Reaction score
I suppose you responding to discussions on substance is just out of the question.

Exactly, instead I have to spend time responding to certain posters worrying about shit even after their complaints were addressed.

Apologies in advance for quoting your post, I would hate to blow up your alerts :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.