Forums are open and a warning system is in place (please read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Providence Colt

Reaction score
Exactly, instead I have to spend time responding to why certain posters worrying about shit even after their complaints were addressed.

Apologies in advance for quoting your post, I would hate to blow up your alerts :coffee:
No worries, this was an actual response, so that’s progress. :coffee:

Now try discussing things with me (and others you disagree with) in a way that actually addresses politics rather than the posters themselves and/or board drama.

AnOldTroll

Reaction score
It took me longer than I thought to get to 5 stars, lol

Appreciate no one negging me since Tommy.

I am just here for the pulse of PP. What I consider the real stuff. Smart people here. My opinion. Wish some didn't leave. I don't want to offend anyone.If I do, it is only in jest.

Anyway, thanks UT for a great site.

tehmackdaddy

post tenebras lux
Reaction score
I guess I am just wondering why someone would just not post why they disagree instead of dismissing something.
Perhaps because the poster recognizes that an argument is futile and a waste of time.

I used this emoji :rofl: earlier today for this exact reason.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Perhaps because the poster recognizes that an argument is futile and a waste of time.

I used this emoji :rofl: earlier today for this exact reason.
So if it is not something you want to discuss, why wouldnt you just not put anything? Why slam the person without backing it up with any content? Also, I am going to tell you, most arguments are futile. Very seldom
does one person say, wow, I think I have discovered exactly what the left is talking about, wow I have been wrong this whole time, I am changing my life now. So if you think that trying to change someones mind is the goal, then really
there is no point for you to post at all. Most just want to get their opinions out and do not really care about getting a reply on how wrong they are.

Oh woops I forgot to neg rep you on your post.

AnOldTroll

Reaction score
So I think you ( I50 or the other iterations) are more of an instigator than anything. Gotta admit It is fun sometimes. Thanks. JMO.

PS Look in the mirror more. Your teeth especially. Again JMO.

Last edited:

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
It took me longer than I thought to get to 5 stars, lol

Appreciate no one negging me since Tommy.

I am just here for the pulse of PP. What I consider the real stuff. Smart people here. My opinion. Wish some didn't leave. I don't want to offend anyone.If I do, it is only in jest.

Anyway, thanks UT for a great site.
Ahh!

This is going to sound crazy but I stopped noticing the the stars at some point in the 15 years I have been on here.

They are the issue with the emoji. I thought it was the reaction score, which was new to the new platform (I think).

I had no fucking idea. LOL.

Still don't care.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
So I think you ( I50 or the other iterations) are more of an instigator than anything. Gotta admit It is fun sometimes. Thanks. JMO.

PS Look in the mirror more. Your teeth especially. Again JMO.
,,,,LOL....I rest my case. I am literally asking UT to keep modding posts. Now why would I want that if I was the one doing it? If you can show me an example I would appreciate it. By the way instigating is not giving an opinion on something. I have never attacked someones family or their lives or attacked where they live, but it damn sure happens to me. So please, show your work. I will wait. The two people that wanted this to continue were me and PC,. We wanted posts to be modded and not allowed to be posted if they attacked people. Now why would we want that? hmmmm. You literally just personally called me out on your post. Did you get a warning? Was the post taken away?

foobahl

Reaction score
We have dinner parties. We have liberal friends at them. We get a long fine and if there were a way for us to discuss politics... and when we hear a friend say something worthy of an emoji... and I could make an emoji appear above their head or they could mine that would be funny as hell! Where do I get that!!!
emoji paddles at every place setting

AnOldTroll

Reaction score
,,,,LOL....I rest my case. I am literally asking UT to keep modding posts. Now why would I want that if I was the one doing it? If you can show me an example I would appreciate it. By the way instigating is not giving an opinion on something. I have never attacked someones family or their lives or attacked where they live, but it damn sure happens to me. So please, show your work. I will wait. The two people that wanted this to continue were me and PC,. We wanted posts to be modded and not allowed to be posted if they attacked people. Now why would we want that? hmmmm. You literally just personally called me out on your post. Did you get a warning? Was the post taken away?
JMO, go back and look at what you post. Pretty much every post. I know, occasionally you water it down.
Anyway, it is all cool with me.
I whine.
You WHINE.

whatever.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
JMO, go back and look at what you post. Pretty much every post. I know, occasionally you water it down.
Anyway, it is all cool with me.
I whine.
You WHINE.

whatever.
wait...huh? Ok this is one of those times where I will just do an emoji...

OSUBuckeye

Reaction score
Well PC made some vey unflattering remarks about HSanders life, inaccurate I will add, but it happened all the same.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Well PC made some vey unflattering remarks about HSanders life, inaccurate I will add, but it happened all the same.
Yeah I know the feeling. I am not aware of what remarks were said, but I do know what was said to me. I can only go by that. AS I said before, things are still said, so nothing really changed. Things were said today, hell things were said in this very thread. At least before those remarks didnt even show up here.

tehmackdaddy

post tenebras lux
Reaction score
So if it is not something you want to discuss, why wouldnt you just not put anything? Why slam the person without backing it up with any content?
I don't view a :rofl: as a "slam."

As I previously stated, it is a way to express my disagreement while signaling I have no desire to waste my time on a pointless exchange that could devolve into unrest.

It's an emoji. If your feelings are hurt by an emoji, that isn't my problem.

TipRoast

Recall all the dreams that you once used to know
Reaction score
A maze of twisting little passages, all different
I see there's been some discussion of stars and reputation.

There are posters on the board who contribute quite a bit to the football discussion and provide a lot of the quality content that I come here to read.

I wish there were some way to acknowledge that in the reputation system, so that we could tell whether the amount of stars someone has under their avatar was based on football-related likes or likes garnered in the circle-rep thread or in the P&R forum.

Maybe we could have a "football" emoji and the rep earned from that would lead to silver Lombardi Trophy icons, instead of gold stars.

Just throwing ideas out there, not trying to make more work for UT.

OP
Undertaker #59*

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
There are trophies available. I gave one to someone and I forgot who. It was some rediculous title or prize.

I forgot where I was going with this. Not sure there is any way to have separate rep totals.

But I could give out trophies and badges.

Yes I know we don't need no stinking badges.

It's been a long day.

Providence Colt

Reaction score
I took her off ignore for 30 seconds today to test to see how the rep system was working and found that she’s still obsessed with me. Guess I was right.

But no, as a favor to you, I put her on ignore since apparently she can’t fight her own battles and I’m fine discussing with those who will apparently fight them, for themselves or whoever.

In the spirit of the new rules, I’ve put her back on ignore so I don’t have to hear about it from neither you nor UT. You’re welcome.

TipRoast

Recall all the dreams that you once used to know
Reaction score
A maze of twisting little passages, all different
There are trophies available. I gave one to someone and I forgot who. It was some rediculous title or prize.

I forgot where I was going with this. Not sure there is any way to have separate rep totals.

But I could give out trophies and badges.

Yes I know we don't need no stinking badges.

It's been a long day.

Yeah, it's not a big deal - anyone that's been on the board for a while is clued into which members know their football and why their reputation has been earned.

Status
Not open for further replies.