Fox 25 Says Hernandez **not guilty** Indicted For Double Murder

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
Fox 25 says Hernandez Indicted. Aaron Hernandez was just officially indicted for the 2012 Double Murder.

Salary cap relief coming for NE I expect.

Hellooooo, Andre...:grovel:

Correct me if I'm wrong - we only get cap relief for money that can be returned - either paid and returned or never paid. Correct ?

This will certainly help the case for the bonus we didn't pay that he filed a grievance for. But the money we paid that he spent (either on stuff or lawyers) and can't be returned, I don't think we get that back on the cap.

Just saying...

This flat out gives me the creeps.

Him. On our Pats.

Appearing nice.

Appearing dedicated.

Appearing Human.....:Eason:

BostonTim

Miguel says AHern's cap hit for 2014 is $7,532,800 & his 2013 cap hit was $5M.

I'd like to get both back.

Mr Kraft (and attorneys) will find a way to recoup/keep that money.

How long does it take for the NFL to decide on the salary cap relief? Or are we breaking new ground here? I suspect we won't know about cap relief for several months, so that could handicap our ability to spend that money.

Fox 25 says Hernandez Indicted. Aaron Hernandez was just officially indicted for the 2012 Double Murder.

Salary cap relief coming for NE I expect.

Hellooooo, Andre...:grovel:
I never saw that one coming.

:shrug:

My sarcasm meter is not registering.

I truly hope you're joking.

Right?

I think it's time to get that meter adjusted. I think you missed one yesterday too, (when I was taking a poke at Jaric and the Colts about suck for Luck).

:)

A grand jury Thursday indicted former football star Aaron Hernandez in an unsolved 2012 drive-by shooting that left two men dead and another wounded -- the second time the former New England Patriot has been accused of murder. Boston police spokeswoman Neva Coakley confirmed the indictment Thursday. Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel Conley has called a news conference for later today to announce "developments"� in the case.
A Suffolk County grand jury has been investigating Hernandez'€™s possible link to the killing for several months.
The killings occurred on a highway overpass in Boston'€™s south end --€“ just six weeks before Hernandez signed a $40 million contract extension with the Patriots that included $12.5 million in guaranteed money.

A look at the events leading up to and since former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was charged in the murder of Odin Lloyd.

Hernandez, 24, is already facing murder and weapons charges in the 2013 killing of Odin Lloyd, a semi-pro football player who had been dating the sister of the star player'€™s fiancee.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/former-patriots-te-aaron-hernandez-2012-drive-by-shooting-two-dead-051514?cmpid=tsmfb:fscom:foxsports

Hernandez filed grievances against the Patriots for over $6 million in salary, including a $3.25 million deferred payment of his signing bonus that is due March 31. The Patriots have a $7.5 million cap charge relating to the final three years of signing bonus proration from the $12.5 million signing bonus he received in his 2012 contract extension.
If Hernandez is charged in connection to the July 2012 double murder in Boston -- before him signing his extension -- language in his contract should give the Patriots grounds to recoup his entire signing bonus and end his grievance. Hernandez's contract contains a clause where he represents and warrants that there weren't any existing circumstances when he signed his deal that would prevent his continued availability throughout the contract. Committing or participating in a double murder should meet this standard. There's another clause explicitly stating that the Patriots wouldn't have entered into the contract except for Hernandez's representations. At a minimum, the Patriots would gain $3.25 million in cap space from the unpaid signing bonus installment. Any additional cap relief would come only from money that was recovered from Hernandez, which may not be any given his circumstances.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-for-new-england-patriots-san-francisco-49ers

Wow, listening to the Aaron Hernandez press conference- they label him as the shooter & they have the murder weapon.

Miguel explains the cap situation here.

http://www.patsfans.com/salary-cap/?p=297
Thanks for posting this.

Not meaning to celebrate any loss of life here but, given that this latest incident happened PRIOR to the new deal, it's possible the Pats could recoup any cap monies not yet spent .... something in the neighbourhood of $3.5M?

EDIT:

Reading Miguel's info more closely.

Once again, I have to note that any cap credit is for the actual cash recouped so if Aaron has spent most of his signing bonus money it is likely that the only credits that the Patriots may ever get is the $3.25 million signing bonus that they will withhold and any grievances that they may win over his 2013/2014 offseason workout bonus and 2013/2014 salaries.

and

http://www.patsfans.com/salary-cap/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/aaronh.png

or does this mean

$3.25M withheld +
$1.323 (2013 base) +
$118k (2013 roster bonus) +
$82k (2013 workout bonus) +
$1.2M (2014 base) +
$500K (2014 workout bonus) +

Just read the article.

Looks like the Pats won't get anything. I mean, if the Redskins were hit with Sean Taylor's cap number the year after he was murdered, I don't see the NFL giving any relief to us.

There is language in the contract that favors the Pats but I don't think they'll see any of the $7.5M.

I hope I'm wrong.

Thanks for posting this.

Not meaning to celebrate any loss of life here but, given that this latest incident happened PRIOR to the new deal, it's possible the Pats could recoup any cap monies not yet spent .... something in the neighbourhood of $3.5M?

At a minimum $3.5M. According to comments by legal folks on twitter, the Pats may be able to get the full $7.5M in cap relief this year if the DA files charges against him soon.

Just read the article.

Looks like the Pats won't get anything. I mean, if the Redskins were hit with Sean Taylor's cap number the year after he was murdered, I don't see the NFL giving any relief to us.

There is language in the contract that favors the Pats but I don't think they'll see any of the $7.5M.

I hope I'm wrong.

Something about the entire contract would be null and void.

Just read the article.

I hope I'm wrong.
I think the difference is AH (may have) done something illegal which precluded him from fulfilling the terms of the contract he agreed to. Taylor not so .... unless it is argued that he knowingly put himself in harms way which lead to his murder.

Back