France gives its country's Muslims an ultimatum

Roberto71

Reaction score
Interesting. President Macron has issued an ultimatum to Muslims there. They must accept a charter of republican values within the next 15 days. I haven't seen this approach taken before in Europe. France already has gotten tough, banning women wearing hijabs. They do have a serious issue there, radicalisation has become a real issue, especially in the inner cities.

French President Emmanuel Macron has asked Muslim leaders to accept a "charter of republican values" as part of a broad clampdown on radical Islam.
On Wednesday he gave the French Council of the Muslim Faith (CFCM) a 15-day ultimatum to accept the charter.

The CFCM has agreed to create a National Council of Imams, which will reportedly issue imams with official accreditation which could be withdrawn.
It follows three suspected Islamist attacks in little more than a month.
The charter will state that Islam is a religion and not a political movement, while also prohibiting "foreign interference" in Muslim groups.
Mr Macron has strongly defended French secularism in the wake of the attacks, which included the beheading of a teacher who showed cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad during a class discussion last month.

President Macron has also announced new measures to tackle what he called "Islamist separatism" in France.
The measures include a wide-ranging bill that seeks to prevent radicalisation. It was unveiled on Wednesday, and includes measures such as:
  • Restrictions on home-schooling and harsher punishments for those who intimidate public officials on religious grounds
  • Giving children an identification number under the law that would be used to ensure they are attending school. Parents who break the law could face up to six months in jail as well as large fines
  • A ban on sharing the personal information of a person in a way that allows them to be located by people who want to harm them
"We must save our children from the clutches of the Islamists," Mr Darmanin told the Le Figaro newspaper on Wednesday. The draft law will be discussed by the French cabinet on 9 December.

Grandmaster B

Reaction score
I don't know what the rules mean.

Obviously, murdering the teacher for it is insane, but why is a teacher showing his class Charlie Hebdo cartoons? In what way is this tied to education?

johnlocke

Reaction score
I will just say this, as awful as the Islamic ideology and religion is, nobody has the right to tell anyone how to dress or how to educate their children etc.

This is a rights issue.

Yes, Muslims have a horrid ideology and want to take over the world, at least the fundamentalists do, of which there are a shit ton. And just about every place they go they turn it to hell on earth and then demand public help.

That said, and we have some in the US government sadly, if you don't want them to have influence, have a better rational ideology and speak loudly and proudly about it and they will crawl away like cockroaches when the lights come on.

Last edited:

johnlocke

Reaction score

Obviously, murdering the teacher for it is insane, but why is a teacher showing his class Charlie Hebdo cartoons? In what way is this tied to education?

It's about freedom of speech, man. a basic human right.

I have a good friend that was shot at for daring mock Mohamed in a cartoon drawing when he won an award down in TX a year or 2 ago.

A couple of officers were shot while protecting the free speech event at the same place.

They can fuck off with this shit.

Last edited:
OP
Roberto71

Roberto71

Reaction score

He was giving a lesson in freedom of speech. In fairness to the teacher, he asked any Muslim kids who might get offended to leave the room if they wanted. In France, there is a legal doctrine of secularism which is taken very seriously. No religious symbols are allowed in schools, government buildings etc.

johnlocke

Reaction score
And, my friends Mohammed depiction has been in Charlie Hebdo several times.