Game: Name a Band's Best Song

I think Paul Simon's solo career should be considered separately from his efforts with Simon & Garfunkel.

He has a lot of really good songs as a solo artist; I think the best one is "Diamonds On The Soles Of Her Shoes."

Here's another artist i enjoy a few songs of, Stevie Nicks. But this is my favorite, just edging out the one in the next post. Again with the melancholy nostalgic thing for me. 😁

Those two are good choices for Stevie.

Still, I prefer her work with FM, especially the song Gypsy. The Fleetwood-McVie rhythm section gives her sultry voice a solid backdrop on which she weaves her spell.

Here's another thread in the timeless tradition of Planet games for the interminable off-season.

Here's how this goes.

A poster names the best song by a particular band.

You can agree, disagree, name a different song by that band, state that every song by that band sucks, whatever. Also, you don't have to respond to the most recent post, you can chime in on anyone else's suggestion.

Then you name a different band, and a song by that band (doesn't have to be a band - could be a singer, or songwriter, or composer, or the friggin' Mormon Tabernacle Choir).

Naturally, if you name an obscure song by an obscure band, you won't get much feedback.

I'll start us off.

Band: Steely Dan
Best Song: Doctor Wu
ok Steely Dan, love them
best song imo is Josie

Anita Baker who I was lucky enough to see when I was in school in Boston. Probably the most beautiful female voice to me.

And my favorite male voice ever, Luther Vandross, who I also got to see live at the now defunct Front Row Theater in Cleveland.
I wish he and Anita had done a duet together. rumor has it they didn't get along. though i think she opened for him once.
For both of them, it is hard for me to pick a favorite, so I will go with "at the moment, my favorite"! 😁

The Steve Miller Band has recorded many fine songs. I don't think they ever topped this effort, though.

But if someone were to argue for Space Cowboy (or two or three others), I wouldn't be able to say they were wrong.

The Steve Miller Band has recorded many fine songs. I don't think they ever topped this effort, though.

But if someone were to argue for Space Cowboy (or two or three others), I wouldn't be able to say they were wrong.

This is my favorite, but my god yours is great.

View: https://youtu.be/g6A6opUgoEc

Back