Gamete Thread - Jete @ Patriots - Sun. Sept. 19 1PM (CBS)

Yasir Durant played RT to begin practice yesterday during brief media portion. Cajuste dealing with a hammy

Word from inside is KVN is being held out/tested for COVID and must have 2 negative tests on 2 consecutive days before he can practice.

Yasir Durant played RT to begin practice yesterday during brief media portion. Cajuste dealing with a hammy

Word from inside is KVN is being held out/tested for COVID and must have 2 negative tests on 2 consecutive days before he can practice.
Do you know when Van Noy tested positive? Monday?

The Jets have had 14 different starting QB'S against the Patriots since 2001. The Patriots have had 4 including Mac the Knife

I didn't say he tested positive.
A sore throat is a common sign of COVID. A sore throat is enough to require 2 negative tests before coming back to team activities.
Thanks, on top of it as usual.

I really don't see us losing to the Jets. They just got whooped by their former quarterback, Darnold.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if the Bills lost to Miami though and went 0-2 🤣

Van Noy was on Quick Slants with Curran on Tuesday. Yesterday on the radio, I forget which show, someone mentioned his throat situation as possibly being an external injury, i.e. a bruised Adam's Apple. Had that once, very unpleasant. Once again, it was speculation.

I really don't see us losing to the Jets. They just got whooped by their former quarterback, Darnold.

That would leave the Pats trailing a division Rival we have a loss to. Not a fan of that result. But yeah, funny.

I don't see us losing either. That said, the difference between the first and second halves was pretty stark. I'm glad we're getting them early in the year.

I didn't say he tested positive.
A sore throat is a common sign of COVID. A sore throat is enough to require 2 negative tests before coming back to team activities.
Wow. I had no idea that was part of the protocol. It seems strange that they would require two positive tests if he never tested for Covid?
I mean wouldn't the tests come back negative automatically?

Evan Lazar seems to like Karras more than I do. He's OK at Center, but I haven't been terribly impressed with him as a Guard.

In order to balance the negative out, David Andrews looked really good Sunday. It's really impressive how much bigger and stronger he is now than
he was as a young player when he was frequently overmatched physically. He's got some respectable pop now and is very smart and spatially aware, as always.

I'd also mention that you don't lose somebody as good as Thuney without it having some effect. Onwenu is a formidable young player but he's not
nearly as quick and mobile as Joe is and that is no slight because only a handful of IOLs in the league are. I think our brain trust wants him to remain and get comfortable at LG, but I'm not sure he is there just yet.

Having said that, Onwenu just shows no mercy when he's got a guy lined up. Sunday, I noticed a play where Wynn had a guy stalemated and having nobody to block Big Mike came over to finish
him off and the guy went down like he got hit with a cannonball.

I have no problem with Onwenu taking over for Thuney, I just wanted to point out that he has a different box of tools and it may take some development
until we know what plays he can excel at the same way we had to learn Joe's skills over time.

Evan Lazar seems to like Karras more than I do. He's OK at Center, but I haven't been terribly impressed with him as a Guard.

In order to balance the negative out, David Andrews looked really good Sunday. It's really impressive how much bigger and stronger he is now than
he was as a young player when he was frequently overmatched physically. He's got some respectable pop now and is very smart and spatially aware, as always.

I'd also mention that you don't lose somebody as good as Thuney without it having some effect. Onwenu is a formidable young player but he's not
nearly as quick and mobile as Joe is and that is no slight because only a handful of IOLs in the league are. I think our brain trust wants him to remain and get comfortable at LG, but I'm not sure he is there just yet.

Having said that, Onwenu just shows no mercy when he's got a guy lined up. Sunday, I noticed a play where Wynn had a guy stalemated and having nobody to block Big Mike came over to finish
him off and the guy went down like he got hit with a cannonball.

I have no problem with Onwenu taking over for Thuney, I just wanted to point out that he has a different box of tools and it may take some development
until we know what plays he can excel at the same way we had to learn Joe's skills over time.
You have always been an O-line whisperer. I value your input on anything pertaining to it, and have for over a decade. Thanks!

Back