George R.R. Martin Signs Massive Content Deal with HBO

screw grrm

im done consuming his books, his media etc... he really fucked over his fans ... will not get another dollar from me...

People compare the wheel of time to asoiaf ... james rigney at least had a reason for delays in the planned publishing schedule, he was sick and dying... martin is just fucking around doing what ever...

and by the way, wheel of time, despite it spinning nearly out of control in the middle of the series, is a 1000 times better than asoiaf

And Harriet saw to getting WOT finished after Jordon gave his blessing.

And Harriet saw to getting WOT finished after Jordon gave his blessing.
some people have bagged on it, but i liked the sanderson books in that series... had never read his stuff before...

am reading the stormlight archive now... good stuff

I thought Sanderson did as good of a job as anyone could have. I don't bag on them.

My only complaint has to do with the publishing decisions and how they split it I to 3 books from one. The time line gets all screwed up.

I'd love to see it republished as a single massive volume, with corrections to chapter order.

Sent from my Commodore VIC 20 using Tapatalk

I'd love to see it republished as a single massive volume, with corrections to chapter order.

can they publish/bind a book that large?

It's typically not cost effective.

At the risk of sounding way too dorky, I did this myself with the audio books. Rearranging so that I think it's much closer to what Sanderson had originally put together before the decision was made to split.

It's typically not cost effective.

At the risk of sounding way too dorky, I did this myself with the audio books. Rearranging so that I think it's much closer to what Sanderson had originally put together before the decision was made to split.

dorky?

dorky dorky?

Nah I'd categorize that as pretty fucking awesome.

I'm not a hardcore nerd like you guys, but have enjoyed the fantasy genre ever since I read The Hobbit back in 1937. We had some fine GOT threads going here back in the day.

I never finished WOT, but I've always wondered why it hasn't made the transition to the screen and I was surprised to learn that this will soon be happening on Prime

I imagine you fanboys are dreading it.

;)

I'm not a hardcore nerd like you guys, but have enjoyed the fantasy genre ever since I read The Hobbit back in 1937. We had some fine GOT threads going here back in the day.

I never finished WOT, but I've always wondered why it hasn't made the transition to the screen and I was surprised to learn that this will soon be happening on Prime

I imagine you fanboys are dreading it.

;)
I am less concerned about it than those that I consider hard core.

There will be stuff I don't like I am sure, but with the premise of the Wheel of Time, where it's circular...

I am just going to consider the show a different turning of the wheel than the books. The overall plot points need to happen, but the details will change.

And I think Rosamund Pike will be excellent as Moraine.

They could publish a book that large by breaking into a set of three volumes. Not a trilogy, but a 3-volume novel. Marcel Proust published Remembrance of Things Past as a 7 volume novel.

They could publish a book that large by breaking into a set of three volumes. Not a trilogy, but a 3-volume novel. Marcel Proust published Remembrance of Things Past as a 7 volume novel.
They did split it into multiple books

screw grrm

im done consuming his books, his media etc... he really fucked over his fans ... will not get another dollar from me...

People compare the wheel of time to asoiaf ... james rigney at least had a reason for delays in the planned publishing schedule, he was sick and dying... martin is just fucking around doing what ever...

and by the way, wheel of time, despite it spinning nearly out of control in the middle of the series, is a 1000 times better than asoiaf

I agree 1000% percent. I have zero interest in buying the next book or two. F George RR Martin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I enjoyed WOT overall, but man, I found the female characters cringy as hell . They were very annoying overall. Thought that Jordan had a difficult time writing from the female perspective .

Oh, another person taking forever: Patrick Rothfuss.

The first two books are two of the best fantasy books I’ve ever read, but it’s been what, 10 years?

Oh, another person taking forever: Patrick Rothfuss.

The first two books are two of the best fantasy books I’ve ever read, but it’s been what, 10 years?

only 9 iirc ...

least hes honest about it...

grrm has been stringing us along for a decade now, with false promises

I don't know how you really judge ratings on a "premium cable" station (yes, I know about their streaming platform) but know that HBO's ratings declined drastically after
GOT ended. I was a fan of many of the great dramatic series that network had produced, but, speaking only for myself, I thought that the large majority of HBO series introduced during GOT's
run simply weren't close to being as good as what they used to offer. GOT prevented me from cancelling the channel, but as soon as it was done I pulled the plug and have seldom
regretted the decision. I know they lost something like half of their 18-49 viewers around that time, because, imo, people aren't stupid.

I don't know where they're at now in terms of viewership, but throwing Martin at the problem isn't likely to get them anywhere. It's like an once-proud but now lost NFL team signing a formerly great QB, also now a has-been, hoping for a miracle to get a ring.

I'll be flat out shocked if whatever he cooks up get's a quarter of the buzz of GOT.

Last edited:
Back