Gergggggggggggg Williams...I bet this one doesn't get the Wells treatment

HSanders

disgusted and pissed
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-williams-told-me-he-had-a-training-camp-spy/

Rob Johnson: Gregg Williams told me he had a training camp spy

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 11, 2015, 11:37 AM EDT
Gregg Williams
AP
In addition to being the man who took the bulk of the blame for Bountygate, longtime NFL coach Gregg Williams has been accused of stealing opposing teams’ playbooks. Williams says that’s not true, but now another one of his former players is saying that Williams was open about having a spy in an opposing team’s training camp.

Rob Johnson was the Bills’ quarterback in 2001, when Williams was the Bills’ head coach, and Johnson also played for the Bills when they faced the Titans while Williams was the Titans’ defensive coordinator. Johnson now says that when Williams was with the Titans, he sent a spy to the Bills’ training camp — something that Williams confessed when he and Johnson were together in Buffalo. Johnson says that Williams’s Titans defense hurt him with relentless blitzes that were aided by knowing the Bills’ offensive plays.

“Sometimes in training camp, you’ll have a high school coach or someone help out,” Johnson told the Buffalo News. “And Gregg Williams told me he had a coach in our training camp who knew all of our plays and all of our blocking schemes. We beat ‘em — karma — but he had someone in our training camp get all of our plays. It’s crazy. I’ve never heard of anything like that. I was sore for like three weeks after that game. I hope it doesn’t get him in trouble. He can just deny it and say I made it up. I was pissed. I said, ‘Gregg, that sucks.’ They knocked me out.”

Blaine Bishop, who played for Williams on the Titans, says he doesn’t know if that’s true but wouldn’t put it past Williams.

“If he got some information on what Buffalo would be running, I don’t know if he told the players. He might’ve told the coaches. But I wouldn’t be shocked if he had someone do that with all the Bountygate and that craziness,” Bishop said.

Johnson’s accusations are serious, and could be the type of thing that would incur an NFL investigation and league discipline if the spying charges are proved true. But after the fiasco that Deflategate became, the NFL is likely to hope this story will go away quietly.

Nothing to see here, it's not the Patriots.

The whole mud flinging that goes on is idiotic. Anyone with half a brain can see that millions of dollars are on the line for all of these people. They will do anything to get an edge.

That being said, if anything Belichick has infinite job security and already secured himself, so if anything you can really say that he is less likely to cheat than most of these guys who are trying to make a name for themselves.

People just want an excuse. It's a lot easier than saying the Patriots have owned the past 15 years.

I really don't care who does what with regard to this stuff. There is espionage in all sports across the globe. It is considered an art in some.

The NFL needs to get over itself.

I'm still waiting for the investigation of the Rapist texting from the sidelines during the Ratbird game.

Back