Gillette to Host 2023 Army-Navy Game

bideau

Offering friendly advice
Reaction score
If my Dad were still with us, I'd have to move heaven and earth to get tickets to this game. He was a Navy/Marine guy through and through and this was always his favorite game of the year. I'll plan to see what I can do to get tickets to this event.

Gillette Stadium in Foxborough will host the Army-Navy Game in 2023, a source told Sports Team 10's Joe Kayata.

An official announcement is expected Wednesday afternoon.

The game is scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 9, 2023.

It was the third time the Kraft Sports and Entertainment Group put in a bid for the game.

Providence is expected to play a prominent role as the host city for Navy.

The Rhode Island Convention Center will serve as the home base for the more than 4,000 Midshipmen making the trip from Annapolis, Maryland.

Army would drive up day-of-game from West Point in New York and not stay overnight in the area.

Boston would be the headquarters for game events.

The city of Boston was one of seven finalists, which included Charlotte, North Carolina; Orlando, Florida; Washington, D.C.; Baltimore, Philadelphia, and New Jersey.

The 2022 game is scheduled to be played in Philadelphia, where most of the rivalry’s matchups have been played.

I've seen Navy play in Dublin before and they will play Notre Dame again in Dublin next year in a NCAA game.

The US Navy has some Irish roots going back to the founder, Commodore Barry.

Go Navy!

20120901_jrc_sc5_015.0.jpg

NOTRE-DAME-NAVY-800x321.jpg

This may be the only time I root against BB being a military mom and a grandmother of 3 army brats....

~Dee~

My parents were big fans of this game. Dad was an Army combat veteran so of course Army was his team. 🇺🇲

He also remembered when JFK attended the game as President and had to switch the side he was sitting on at halftime to be fair, though of course he was a Navy man. 🚤😄🚤

Army family except one. My sister retired from the Army and still works with an NGO on helping returning vets. My brother played with the Navy lacrosse team (over 50). We are trying to get 3 tickets for the game.

Well, over 1 year later, I was able to get 2 tickets for the game. I'm walking on air right now. Season ticket holders were offered tickets on a seniority basis. My offer came in this morning and I'm in. It's going to quite the spectacle and an emotional time for me as I remember my dad.

Well, over 1 year later, I was able to get 2 tickets for the game. I'm walking on air right now. Season ticket holders were offered tickets on a seniority basis. My offer came in this morning and I'm in. It's going to quite the spectacle and an emotional time for me as I remember my dad.

Awesome.

Hope that you enjoy it. No matter what the records are of each team, it is usually a close and hard fought game.
Hope that you didn't have to book a hotel room.

No room needed, I live 25 minutes from Gillette

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delighted for you Bideau.

Go Navy!

Bravo Zulu.

We saw some badass Marines when the USS Mesa Verde was here in September for the Notre Dame - Navy Game. They were delighted to show their ship and capabilities to interested folks.

F4ZSRPaW4AESx7p

F4ZSRPVWoAACstW

Back