Gilmore Released

I agree with Curran. His play dropped off last year before his injury, there's no question about that. He was our 3rd best CB last year.
Add to that the serious nature of his injury plus the added money he wanted, Curran's take is dead on balls accurate, imo.
Add in age and alternatives this is the smart move for the team assuming no one wanted to trade for him.

I was really disappointed at first, but it makes sense. The secondary looks really good even without him and Pats don't have the cap space to pay him. Seems BB is doing him a solid in letting him get a deal elsewhere. It still sucks because of how good a player he is, and how humble he is despite how good he is. He will be missed.

I do wonder if Bill is going to trade/sign an OL.

Last edited:
Of course. Brady is on the phone with Gilly right now asking if he wants to join the champs. This is the vinegar in the eye. We literally released a player who is the #1 need for the Bucs. I wonder if that was what Bill talked to Brady about after the game. :rofl:

It may be vinegar in your eye but not in mine.
He wasn't the same player last year before the injury. What makes you think he'll be the same player this year after the injury?
We have better and cheaper alternatives on the team.

He was PFF's 108th ranked CB last year. 58.5 which is "poor".
He was actually the Pats' 5th best CB for 2020. JJones, JCJackson, Justin Bethel and Michael Jackson all graded higher than Gilmore.

"Bill Belichick is pond scum again. Arrogant, megalomaniacal, duplicitous pond scum." - Kevin Mannix, Boston Herald, 9/07/03, and Mazz, Patriots Planet, 10/06/21, probably.

So much doom and gloom. The Pats are fine.

Last edited:
I agree with Curran. His play dropped off last year before his injury, there's no question about that. He was our 3rd best CB last year.
Add to that the serious nature of his injury plus the added money he wanted, Curran's take is dead on balls accurate, imo.
Add in age and alternatives this is the smart move for the team assuming no one wanted to trade for him.
Just pointing out. Mazz DOES NOT agree. :rofl:

Cheers

$15M? He's delusional.
He wasn't even close to a top corner last year.
LOL. This may come us a surprise to you but it really shouldn't, other teams actually pay for top talent and don't let it walk out the door for nothing.

Back