Going to Get My Eyeballs Cut Today

patfan64

Generally Aware
Reaction score
Getting lasik done today.

Read everything I possibly can on the procedure. Haven't seen enough negative stuff yet.

Costs $5,000.

Wish me luck!!!

Good luck!
My wife had it done many years ago, and LOVED the results.

Read everything I possibly can on the procedure. Haven't seen enough negative stuff yet.

Costs $5,000.

Wish me luck!!!

My wife did it 11 years ago and her vision is still perfect, after needing glasses her entire life.

My daughter did it a few years ago and is very happy.

Someday, I'll think about it since my vision is slowly getting worse as I get older.

Costs $5,000.

Wish me luck!!!

Does it hurt... at all?

What is the recovery like?

Does it hurt... at all?

What is the recovery like?

I've heard that it stings a little bit. Some discomfort initially but it wears off after a few hours. And it feels like you've got something in your eye for a couple days.

I'll let you know.

I'll be curious to hear how it goes.

Good Luck!!!

I got it done about 8 years ago.

Went from around 20-400 to 20-20. Eight years later I'm about 20-30 in both eyes. Just sleep afterwards to let the eyes rest, don't rub them for a few weeks, no pain, no soreness, no nothing.

Best thing ever. Well, one of the best things ever.

does this help with just distance or will it help with reading too?
I've had contacts forever for distance but only in the last few years has reading been an issue that I need reading glasses (I have Rx bi-focals that work great but I hate wearing glasses)

good luck!

I've had contacts forever for distance but only in the last few years has reading been an issue that I need reading glasses (I have Rx bi-focals that work great but I hate wearing glasses)

good luck!

You would have to talk to an ophthalmologist about your options. Generally speaking, though, if your eyes get fixed for distance then as you age you can have reading issues to the point you could need reading glasses or to hold the reading material further away. It's been almost a decade for me, though, you would need to talk to an expert on how it would work now.

They do lasik for both near and far, but not both combined An option I wouldn't touch is monovision where they lasik one eye for distance and the other for reading. Weird.

Cheers

A friend of mine went to Canada to get it done probably 7-8 years ago because it was insanely cheaper. I want to say he paid about 1500.

Hope it goes well. I don't think I could sit still long enough to go through it, but if I could, I would have this surgery yesterday.

Costs $5,000.

Wish me luck!!!

Hope it went well.

I'm thinking about it. Can you describe the process, procedure and how you're feeling/seeing as the days pass after the surgery, please?

Back