Going to Get My Eyeballs Cut Today

I would need restraints!!

But glad all is good!!

I'm with Mikie. Glad it went well for you, but not sure I could do it myself. My daughter wants to do it, but the eye doctor said 19 is too young. She refers that she wait until 25, but might do it for her at 21. I may have been more willing at 21, but not at my age now. I am too stuck in my comfort zone to undergo a procedure that many have to have done again a decade or so later.

I'm with Mikie. Glad it went well for you, but not sure I could do it myself. My daughter wants to do it, but the eye doctor said 19 is too young. She refers that she wait until 25, but might do it for her at 21. I may have been more willing at 21, but not at my age now. I am too stuck in my comfort zone to undergo a procedure that many have to have done again a decade or so later.

My procedure carries a lifetime guarantee. If my prescription changes, they will redo the procedure free of charge. If technology improves, I would pay only $250 per eye for the updated procedure.

I paid $4,850 for both but I must adhere to certain conditions of the warranty would be voided. The conditions are centered around follow up visits and instructions.

My procedure carries a lifetime guarantee. If my prescription changes, they will redo the procedure free of charge. If technology improves, I would pay only $250 per eye for the updated procedure.

I paid $4,850 for both but I must adhere to certain conditions of the warranty would be voided. The conditions are centered around follow up visits and instructions.

I will have to ask that sort of question when I take her back. Thanks!

I went through eye surgery in July too. They removed a basal cell skin cancer from my eye socket. It was all the way in the back of the socket and came around front to half of my eyelids. It still sucks. But getting better. Eyesight is slowly improving, and still waiting for the grafts to learn to secrete tears. (stem cells).

I looked like I was in a chainsaw fight and lost for a couple of months, though. lol.

Good thing you read everything you could about it beforehand. :coffee:

Haha. Ten weeks post surgery and my vision is perfect.

Eyes are still a little dry but I put drops in every four or five hours.

Seeing the board in class, driving, watching movies in the theater, watching my son's baseball games. All perfect.

I get up in the morning and I can see everything.

No regrets.

I went through eye surgery in July too. They removed a basal cell skin cancer from my eye socket. It was all the way in the back of the socket and came around front to half of my eyelids. It still sucks. But getting better. Eyesight is slowly improving, and still waiting for the grafts to learn to secrete tears. (stem cells).

I looked like I was in a chainsaw fight and lost for a couple of months, though. lol.

I hope all is well. Cancer sucks. Keep us posted please.

Glad to hear that things went so well for you Patfan.

I had mine done in July also and I'm psyched at the difference.

Do you have any haziness while driving at night?

When there are a lot of lights, like at a concert, I get a lot of haze still.

I can read near and far very well also it seems to me that it's sometimes not as quick as it was when I had glasses. Seems like I have to focus a bit longer.

Could just be my imagination, though.

does this help with just distance or will it help with reading too?
I've had contacts forever for distance but only in the last few years has reading been an issue that I need reading glasses (I have Rx bi-focals that work great but I hate wearing glasses)

good luck!

Some folks have a little difficulty adjusting, but if you stumble on a few extra bucks, progressives blow bifocals out of the water. Alas, I am no candidate for the surgery.

Cheers

Some folks have a little difficulty adjusting, but if you stumble on a few extra bucks, progressives blow bifocals out of the water. Alas, I am no candidate for the surgery.

Cheers

I'm told I'm not a candidate either... not sure why and I haven't gone seeking other opinions. I'm turning 50 in November so maybe it's an age thing??

I am going to look into multifocal style contacts next time I have a check up. I don't care if they cost $$$ it would be worth it. I HATE having to keep grabbing reading glasses.

Haha. Ten weeks post surgery and my vision is perfect.

Eyes are still a little dry but I put drops in every four or five hours.

Seeing the board in class, driving, watching movies in the theater, watching my son's baseball games. All perfect.

I get up in the morning and I can see everything.

No regrets.

Glad you are happy with it. A question if I may ask... how is your night vision, especially driving, do you perceive any problems in that area?

I'm a motorcycle rider, and especially interested for that reason. I've heard tales that the night vision wasn't so good after from some riders, but that's kind of secondhand and not sure if it's true or not.

I noted I wasn't the first to ask the question too!

Patswin...as I said in my earlier post, I had this done in July also and my nighttime driving isn't as clear as it used to be.

When there are many lights coming at me, I have a hard time seeing what's behind them (signs, other things on the side of the road, etc.).

In research I've done, it seems that this is different from person to person and Patfan may have a different experience.

It's not that I can't drive at night...it's just not as clear as it used to be. Sometimes it's like looking through very dirty glasses.

Back