Goodell The Cheater/Congress Getting Involved

TyLawsPick6

Reaction score
I've always wondered why this hasn't already happened with Goodell being caught lying on the stand and being called a liar by 3 different judges (Doty, Jones and Berman) in different states the last 3 years. When MLB was enabling steroids for financial purposes, it took Congress too long to get involved to protect the customer over the fraud that was being committed right out in the open. MLB was slapped and roid testing started.

I don't see how Goodell's cheating the last 10 years is any different. It's consumer fraud. If you're protecting some teams, making up stories about another (Pats), or barely punishing teams who actually cheated for all to see (Mike Tomlin stopped a TD on a kick off on our tv screens), and using officials to try to shape the outcome of games for financial gain, this is defrauding the paying customer. It's not legal. None of it is legal under US law. Consumer fraud is consumer fraud.

I hope there is a probe into the NFL under Goodell and I hope he and his lawyers get what is coming to them. It's been a long time coming.

Once he testified in a court on the Brady Deflategate appeal case and they paid off those 2 judges supporting the idea he can do whatever he wants, even do things above US law, it opened up the door for him to continued to do it further. It just enabled them.

Not many people were paying attention, certainly not other fanbases, but Goodell told us he cheats by citing Article 46. No commissioner has ever cited Article 46 in such a way, but he abused his power and did so because of Johnny Whinebaugh and a batch of owners whining about player substitutions in a playoff game the Ravens lost and Brady suggested Whinebaugh "check the rule book".

But, we've lose drafts picks and SBs over Goodell's cheating the enabling of it, whether it be Framgeate I or II. Framegate III is the cherry on top with that ridiculousness over filming a documentary in broad daylight with permission like they did on the road vs the Skins earlier in 2019. That one comes off as less punishment, but it's still losing a draft pick for no reason.

Goodell still trying to control the narrative:

Back