Goodells Nightmare

Strange all sorts of funky endings like this happen in Seattle. Investigate.

#FailMary

Your refs flat out fvcked Detroit Rog.

Last 2 minutes. Refs huddled. NY in their ear. And they all fvcked it.

Let's focus on air pressure though.

Doosh.

Wasn't sure what you are talking about, but apparently, the Seahawks defender (Wright) who pushes Megatron's fumble out of the back of the end zone illegally batted that ball.

Link

Since no Lion was anywhere near the ball, this is a technicality, but technically ... they should have gotten the ball back at the spot of the fumble, shouldn't they?

To me. it's a figure of speech indicating that one person who has great power uses that power to further reduce the power of the less powerful. Basically, trying to use neutral words.

Microsoft took greed to new heights. Personally, I love the concept that if I buy something from them, I don't own it. Without their permission I can only use it on one computer and if I have two computers I buy another, and if I buy a new computer I buy another for that computer, and if my computer dies I by another. Each of which I pay top dollar for.

NO one gets as filthy rich as Allen by being nice with the general population.

Licensing is a big deal...

Disney?

Artists, writers etc get revenue by selling things they create. When a painter sells a painting, the buyer owns it and can give it away or sell it or whatever.

Software is different because if I buy a car, when done with it I can give it to a family member or sell it. If I move and get a new garage I don't have to buy a new car to put in it. I can put the car I already own. I don't have to buy a new car and throw the other one away every time I move. That's software licensing for you.

It's legal but that doesn't make it right.

Obviously you think differently, and Microsoft loves you for it. Adobe even more so as they now charge per month for developer programs.

Me, I believe if you want to sell something, the people who bought it own it. I'm a writer. People give books away and swap them and sell them because they friggin own them. Now Kindles have taken a lesson from software and basically license books, as you say.

Software licensing corporations make an obsene amount of money, and they make most of it from people who live month to month. It's the way of the world for ordinary people with little power to be screwed by those who hold the power. I don't like it and am forced into it, but damned if I'll, "Thank you, sir. May I have another."

YMMV and that is fine. It's a difference of opinion that makes horse races possible.

I guess I wasn't clear.

When I said

Tell me, do you think that you should be able to make multiple copies of music, movies, artwork, e-books, etc?

I was referring to digital or if you're old enough, analog recordings of these items.

In other words, formats that are intrinsically something that one can easily make a copy of.

So no, these things aren't like a physical object that there is only one "item" and it isn't easy to make a copy.

So again I ask, do you think it's OK for someone to make a copy of any digital song, movie, book, etc. and give it away, sell it, etc. or does the original artist have the right to get revenue from it if another person has it?

But if you think getting a new copy of downloaded software to put on a new computer after your old one died is easy or often even possible, you've never tried to do it.

I've done it multiple times.

I've transferred digital downloaded games from Origin and Steam to other PC's.

I've transferred copies of ZoneAlarm firewall and Computer Associates anti-virus to other PC's more than once.

Up until about 5 years ago, the vast majority of my software I got the disks and didn't use digital download and had no problems installing them on replacement PC's.

Once for one Microsquish product (Office?) I had to call tech support because I had upgraded my HD and I had installed the program over five times and simply had to explain to them the situation and they gave me a code and I was good to go.

What do you think they should do?

Have no copy protection at all?

If they have none, how do they prevent pirating of their product?

Only one flaw. One should never place a bonfire that close to a home.

It's not my house, so if they are willing to sacrifice their house for the good of Patriot Nation, then who am I to object?

Security Question

It's not my house, so if they are willing to sacrifice their house for the good of Patriot Nation, then who am I to object?

True enough. Objection withdrawn.

As cooking fires are allowed when tailgating, do you think stadium security would object to a few fires lit for other purposes?

Goodell is a nightmare.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...does-not-regret-pursuing-investigation-100715

"I have a lot of respect and admiration for Tom," Goodell said at the owners meetings in New York on Wednesday. "I know him personally. As I say, I admire him tremendously. He is a future Hall of Fame player."
But Goodell added that despite Brady's stature, the rules can't be circumvented.

"Our rules apply to everybody. They apply to every single player. And every single player expects those rules to apply to everybody. Every coach does, every fan does, every partner, every team does.

"Our rules and the integrity of our game aren't because someone's popular or somebody's a Super Bowl champ or not. They're to be applied evenly. Our teams expect that, and that's our job. That's our responsibility. That's my job. And so, no I don't regret that. And we will continue to uphold the integrity of the game and we'll do that as vehemently as we can."

Brady has insisted he played no role in a conspiracy to deflate footballs below the allowable limit at last season's AFC championship game, a 45-7 rout of the Indianapolis Colts.

"Because there was no notice of a four-game suspension in the circumstances presented here, Commissioner Goodell may be said to have 'dispensed his own brand of industrial justice,'" U.S. District Judge Richard M. Berman wrote when he ruled in favor of Brady on Sept. 4.

The league appealed to the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan, but the court said February would be the earliest it would hear the NFL's arguments.

"They're to be applied evenly. Our teams expect that, and that's our job. That's our responsibility. That's my job."

giphy.gif

"They're to be applied evenly. Our teams expect that, and that's our job. That's our responsibility. That's my job."

What Roger the Dodger clearly isn't grasping is the fact that if you replace "teams expect" above with "public expects," and make the "They're" above refer to the law in general as opposed to just NFL rules ... then the above sentences could have easily been uttered by the Judge about Roger himself.

What Roger the Dodger clearly isn't grasping is the fact that if you replace "teams expect" above with "public expects," and make the "They're" above refer to the law in general as opposed to just NFL rules ... then the above sentences could have easily been uttered by the Judge about Roger himself.

Yep. My thoughts exactly.

From Berman: "Commissioner Goodell may be said to have dispensed his own brand of industrial justice."

It's frustrating that not one reporter will ask Goodell why he lied about Brady's testimony. I have to assume that they're afraid of being shut out of future press conferences.

It's frustrating that not one reporter will ask Goodell why he lied about Brady's testimony. I have to assume that they're afraid of being shut out of future press conferences.

Yes they feel they will get completely blackballed or fired since the hands of Rog is far and wide.

I don't think Roger knows what the word "integrity" means.

This guy has ruined the NFL. Nobody even talks about the game on the field anymore, unless there's a screw up by the refs. Speaking of refs, can you imagine the outrage if the Patriots had gotten 2 huge beneficial calls like Seattle has gotten (Fail Mary, then batted ball) over the past couple of seasons. Both of those games were on MNF too.

NFL is a disgrace under this guy's "leadership." It's been a whole month since anyone has been arrested though. What a joke.

I don't think Roger knows what the word "integrity" means.

This guy has ruined the NFL. Nobody even talks about the game on the field anymore, unless there's a screw up by the refs. Speaking of refs, can you imagine the outrage if the Patriots had gotten 2 huge beneficial calls like Seattle has gotten (Fail Mary, then batted ball) over the past couple of seasons. Both of those games were on MNF too.

NFL is a disgrace under this guy's "leadership." It's been a whole month since anyone has been arrested though. What a joke.

And if they did get arrested, the NFL would botch the suspension, botch the whole process to where the person would get off on a lesser charge. This whole year has been a year of botchiness.

Back