Great Plays From Patriots History

Mark_Henderson

very stable genius
Reaction score
People here always talk about the Malcolm Butler interception, the 28-3 comeback, the AFCG game ending and OT drives against the chefs, but I thought I'd make a thread for great, but less remembered plays from Patriots history.

When I watched this one in 1986, I was in college and my friends and I used to go to the European in the North End and eat pizza and pitchers of beer and watch the Pats' games on their big screen tv. Any QB could have thrown this pass, but it was textbook execution from two great receivers on a hail mary tip and catch.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urf_v_jqgyg

Great play and I always liked Raymond Berry, Stanley Morgan and even Fryar, character that he was with the black cloud always over his head.

Tony Eason, though. 🤮

Great play and I always liked Raymond Berry, Stanley Morgan and even Fryar, character that he was with the black cloud always over his head.

Tony Eason, though. 🤮

Raymond Berry seemed like a smart, decent, humble guy and Morgan and Fryar were elite receivers (in spite of Fryar's personal problems). Berry did a good job with the '85 team, but that Bears defense was just a historic force. No one would have thought at the time that that would be their only super bowl win.

I didn't hate Eason, but I was always rooting for Steve Grogan to come in instead.

Vince Wilfork's interception and Dan Connolly's kick return, purely for fun.

FATMANINTERCEPTION.gif

Back