Greatest Live Songs And Albums Of All-Time

Johnny Rivers "Secret Agent Man" Live at Whiskey A GoGo. Heard this today on Sirius/XM's Tom Petty's Buried Treasure show. Had forgotten how good it is.

It's hard to believe no one has posted anything from this album, and deciding which song to post was not easy.

"Looking For A Love" is a classic, and "Whammer Jammer" was a staple on the radio for years and years, and still gets played every now and then.

It's hard to believe no one has posted anything from this album, and deciding which song to post was not easy.

"Looking For A Love" is a classic, and "Whammer Jammer" was a staple on the radio for years and years, and still gets played every now and then.

I kept forgetting to post this classic

View: https://youtu.be/gW0hxbrmFhM

J. Geils was one of the better live bands you could see because in addition to being a top-notch vocalist Peter Wolf was a great master of
ceremonies and showman, which is a different kind of skill altogether, and they did all kinds of staged bits, like one based on Rapunzel "Reputah the Beautah" and full-blown
dance contests with audience particpation. Seeing them was fun. It wasn't just a concert it was a show. I saw them in Montreal once at the old Olympic stadium and they
killed. That night I came close to getting in a fist fight with a french dude that insisted "ze french band zat opened wair bettair" and I told him he was an idiot. In french. That
band was those guys that did "Jet boy, jet girl" -- an annoying minor hit mostly done in french.

Bands like Genesis, Alice Cooper and J. Geils did the rock equivalent of a Broadway show and I often thought of that during the "shoe gazing" era that followed when bands wouldn't
even look at the audience.

I don't know whether this one meets the criterion of being one of the greatest live songs of all-time, but I like it.

Back