Grog's Pick'em 2019

Colton Mickelini, who I called out last week, returned to his form of past years, winning the pick'em pool this week with a strong showing of 10 right (71%). Nice job. Finishing just 1 game back were Brian McLane, Col. Crunch, Dan Morency, and yours truly.

Bmooney54 padded his lead over Meg Moore, getting 8 right to Meg's 6, extended his lead to 96 points, 3 ahead of Megan. Chad Massoth sits six points back, with Alex Polley and Mike Mo rounding out the top 4 places tied at 89.

Please remember, before you take that first bite of Turkey on Thursday, there are games starting as early as 12:30 AM EST this week. Get your picks in early, then enjoy a great holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Grog

Wow! 7 people tied for first with 10 correct picks each. Talk about lucky 13.
Patriot In Indy, Bmooney54, chad massoth, Mike Mo, John Mickelin, Ras,
Andy McNutt all tied for first, with Patriot In Indy edging league leading Bmooney54 by 1 point in the tiebreaker.

Because of his strong showing, Bmooney54 stretch his lead to a whopping 6 points over 2nd place Meg Moore and Chad Massoth with 100 points each. Mikie Mo moves to fourth with 99 points, and newcomer John Mickelini rounds out the top five with 98 points.

The lead is growing. Can anyone derail Bmooney54's march to a championship? If so, you have 4 weeks left to prove it.

Get those picks in and good luck down the home stretch.

Jeff Freeman wins week 14 in dominate fashion, correctly picking 12 out of 16 games correctly (75%). Nice job. MikeMo, Col. Crunch, Andy McNutt, and Rachel Russell all tied for 2nd place with 10 correct picks.

Bmooney54 maintained his stranglehold on first place, finishing with 9 right, pushing his season total to 115. Lurking 6 games behind are both Meg Moore and MikieMo with 109 right. In 4th place sits John Mickelini with 107 points. Rounding out the top 5 are Andy McNutt, Jeff Freeman, and Chad Massoth with 106.

It's going to take some strong showings by the contenders and a couple of poor showings by Bmooney54 down the stretch to unseat our leader. Don't overthink your picks and good luck!

Jeff Freeman wins week 14 in dominate fashion, correctly picking 12 out of 16 games correctly (75%). Nice job. MikeMo, Col. Crunch, Andy McNutt, and Rachel Russell all tied for 2nd place with 10 correct picks.

Bmooney54 maintained his stranglehold on first place, finishing with 9 right, pushing his season total to 115. Lurking 6 games behind are both Meg Moore and MikieMo with 109 right. In 4th place sits John Mickelini with 107 points. Rounding out the top 5 are Andy McNutt, Jeff Freeman, and Chad Massoth with 106.

It's going to take some strong showings by the contenders and a couple of poor showings by Bmooney54 down the stretch to unseat our leader. Don't overthink your picks and good luck!

It's Bmooney54 in a runaway

Newcomer John Mickelini continues his strong second half surge winning for the second time this season since week 8. This time, John scored 11 correct picks, beating Alex Polley who also had 11 correct by the tiebreaker. I finished just out of the money in 3rd place with 10, followed by 6 people all with 9 correct. Nice picking.

Bmooney54 continues his stranglehold as league leader, with a huge 6 game lead (124) heading into the final 2 weeks. Second place currently belongs to this week's winner, John Mickelini and Mikie Mo, both at 118 are tied for second place. Meg Morre (116) and Andy McNutt (114) round out the top 5.

Is it too early to crown Bmooney54 the 2019 champion? Get your picks in and let's see if there is a way to shake up the top of the standings.

Likewise, is there still time for Scott Mallory to climb out of the cellar. He needs to pick up 5 games on Riley McNutt to make that happen.

There are no more Thursday night games, but there are 3 games this Saturday, so be sure to get your picks in by then.

Good luck!

Peter Piper did this? My dog was the ____ of the litter. If you soak cucumbers in vinegar you get ____les. Don't forget to get your ____s in this week.

Happy New Year! Thanks for playing Grog's Pick'em with us this year. It is always a lot of fun and challenging to pick these games against the spread, and probably a good reminder for most of us to stay away from real gambling...

Well week 17 is probably the hardest week of all to pick these games correctly, with many teams throwing in the towel, other teams resting starters, and a few teams fighting for their playoff lives. And of course the Patriots, grrrrr....

Dan Morency wins the final week of the season, beating both Ras and yours truly in the tie breaker. All 3 correctly picked 10 games. Dan wins for the third time this year, the most weekly wins of the season. Nice job. Finishing just one game behind was John Mickelini. That one game turned out to be a BIG game.

And our winner of he 2019 Grog's Pick'em Pool is.....
bmooney54

Bmooney tried really hard to give away his huge lead, forgetting to pick until about half the games were over. He ended up with 3 correct picks this week. Second place went to John Mickelini. As mentioned above, he correctly picked 9 games this week, erasing 6 of the 7 game lead held by Bmooney going into the final weekend of games. Just one game short. Meg Moore finished solidly in 3rd place, with 133 points.

Bmooney had an incredible run this year, tying for first place in week 1 and never looking back. He was briefly knocked out of the top spot on week 5, but either was at the top or shared the lead all season long. Nice job.

The top 5 finishers were:

- Bmooney54 137
- John Mickelini 136
- Meg Moore 133
- Andy McNutt 130
- Ras 130

Let's do this again next year. And invite your friends to play along too. The more the merrier.

Have a great year and Go Pats!

thanks for doing this and I am pissed I missed getting my picks in and just clicked on anything in the late games, I could have been a contender!!! :) :coffee:

Congrats to Bmooney54!!

thanks again!!

Thanks for running it, Grog!

Glad you got 1/2 your picks in on time. I usually send reminders, but was on vacation and did not send them the last week or too.

Congratulations. You dominated this year.

Back