Guilty Pleasures - The thread where you fess up

Hawg73

Mediocre with flashes of brilliance
Reaction score
Everyone likes something that they're not supposed to like. That thing that you really don't want to bring up to your buddies because you know they will give you a rough time about it. This thread is a way of getting all that excess baggage out of your system in an anonymous way. Break out of your mundane restraints and share some personal information with the Planet that some would find embarassing. I'll start.

For instance, the other day I happened to mention to It's_Good that my wife wanted to watch a movie not long ago and I not only watched it with her but really enjoyed it. The movie?

Moulin Rouge

He was horrified.

My world has no meaning. The Moulin Rouge and Wayne Newton? You two are going straight to hell. We already have to send out for trolls to stir up controversy. Now you are telling me we need to import rebellion as well?

Hawg73 said:
Everyone likes something that they're not supposed to like. That thing that you really don't want to bring up to your buddies because you know they will give you a rough time about it. This thread is a way of getting all that excess baggage out of your system in an anonymous way. Break out of your mundane restraints and share some personal information with the Planet that some would find embarassing. I'll start.

For instance, the other day I happened to mention to It's_Good that my wife wanted to watch a movie not long ago and I not only watched it with her but really enjoyed it. The movie?

Moulin Rouge

He was horrified.

Wait a cotton pickin' minute Hawg! You can't be gay!!!!!!!!

I must admit though, I like watching Trading Spaces and Rooms to Grow....I'm sure you've seen them. My wife has done this to me. It's her fault. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Also, since the 70's (gulp), I've always thought the Bee Gees kick ass!

First of all, Moulin Rouge is one of my favorites. But Nicole Kidman :thumb: has alot to do with it.

I love musicals, especially Les Miserable and Miss Saigon. But my biggest confession is.....one of my favorite TV series is Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Watch it religously, including reruns. MY family has even started buying me the series DVDs as gifts.

Wow, I feel better now that I've gotten that off my chest. Now I can go trolling the net for more girlie pics.

Re: Re: Guilty Pleasures - The thread where you fess up

pookie said:
Wait a cotton pickin' minute Hawg! You can't be gay!!!!!!!!

Pook -
I was sitting directly across the aisle from Hawg and IG_IG on Sunday, as our bus swerved wildly down that icey hillside in Maine (miraculously, without striking a single washing machine).
It brought to mind one of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite movies of recent years: Almost Famous. I love the scene where the plane carrying the band is going down. As it becomes clear that they're about to die, the band members start confessing some of their deepest secrets, culminating with the drummer blurting out "I'm gay!" When the plane recovers, the expression on his face is priceless.
Anyway, as our little bandwagon plunges over the cliff, I guess it's my turn to come clean. After all this time, I can now reveal that I am....Johnny Reb.
JUST KIDDING!!!!!
My guilty pleasure? Every Monday night, between the hours of 9 and 11 PM, I shut myself off from the world of normalcy and immerse myself in the the world of WWE's RAW.

Re: Re: Guilty Pleasures - The thread where you fess up

pookie said:
Also, since the 70's (gulp), I've always thought the Bee Gees kick ass!

The Red Rocketeers have appeared in 9 Super Bowls, winning 7 of them.
None of these bowl appearances took place in the early to mid 80's.
I'm beginning to see why.

Re: Re: Re: Guilty Pleasures - The thread where you fess up

dropKickMurphy said:
The Red Rocketeers have appeared in 9 Super Bowls, winning 7 of them.
None of these bowl appearances took place in the early to mid 80's.
I'm beginning to see why.

Bwaaaahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

ROFL :LOL: ROFL :LOL:

You silly...... Just because we didn't win any Superbowls during my 6 years at North High doesn't mean anything. We were a kinder, gentler Rocketeer team that preferred Staying Alive rather than Van Halen's Running with the Devil in the locker room.

Ok... I admit it.... I love Dumb and Dumber and Austin Powers!
Yeah Baby!

Funny thing is... I hate sit-coms and haven't watched one in 20 years!

:LOL:

bideau said:
I love musicals, especially Les Miserable and Miss Saigon. But my biggest confession is.....one of my favorite TV series is Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, you too? Like, oh my god, that is soooooooo weird! Can't say I'm addicted but I can understand the source of the addiction. Sarah Michelle Gellar. Yummy.

Okay -- my turn. This hurts. Cirque de Soleil ROCKS!!! Never thought I would be a fan of anything involving men in tights but it is an amazing show and those people are athletes.

and....

Ever since I was a little kid I have been a huge fan of the Sound of Music. The great part about it was that as I grew older there was always a new romantic interest. First it was Brigita, then Liesl, then Maria, and now finally...it is the Reverend Mother. :D

NoRespect said:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, you too? Like, oh my god, that is soooooooo weird! Can't say I'm addicted but I can understand the source of the addiction. Sarah Michelle Gellar. Yummy.

Okay -- my turn. This hurts. Cirque de Soleil ROCKS!!! Never thought I would be a fan of anything involving men in tights but it is an amazing show and those people are athletes.

and....

Ever since I was a little kid I have been a huge fan of the Sound of Music. The great part about it was that as I grew older there was always a new romantic interest. First it was Brigita, then Liesl, then Maria, and now finally...it is the Reverend Mother. :D

Well, you take the prize so far, there cupcake!
:cool:

God help me, but I can't live with this secret any more. Styx- Come Sail Away. I feel so violated. :(

patsfan said:
God help me, but I can't live with this secret any more. Styx- Come Sail Away. I feel so violated. :(

There's nothing wrong with that patsfan! Styx is good. At least you didn't secretly like the Bee Gees like some geeks on this forum.

NoRespect said:

Nothin' to feel guilty about there, NR....CdS puts on an amazing show. I saw them for the first time last summer in Boston (Quidam). They've got something like 8 different shows going on around the world. I would not hesitate to see one of their shows again anytime I had a chance.

FallingAlice said:
I've always had a strange, nostalgic reaction to Wayne Newton singing "Danke Schoen."

Your pain is delicious. Now comes the time on Schprockets ven we cringe.

pookie said:
Well, you take the prize so far, there cupcake! :cool:

:D -- That's Mr. Cupcake to you.

Although, I fear it is only second prize. You are forgetting the horrible stigma that Alice has lived with lo these many years. That dark secret she has hidden along with the tattered Wayne Newton albums under the mattress. The covers burnished and worn from too many late night Polkas....

As Wayne himself put it best:

"You can take a man's money but when it's all said and done you've only taken his money; when you take a man's time, you've taken a part of his life" -- Wayne Newton

Don't you wish you could get it back?

NoRespect said:
:D -- That's Mr. Cupcake to you.

Although, I fear it is only second prize. You are forgetting the horrible stigma that Alice has lived with lo these many years. That dark secret she has hidden along with the tattered Wayne Newton albums under the mattress. The covers burnished and worn from too many late night Polkas....

As Wayne himself put it best:

"You can take a man's money but when it's all said and done you've only taken his money; when you take a man's time, you've taken a part of his life" -- Wayne Newton

Don't you wish you could get it back?

True, true. Poor Alice. Her nights snatched away by the swooning sounds of Wayne.

Hawg73 said:
Your pain is delicious. Now comes the time on Schprockets ven we cringe.

Ver isse our Alice anyvay? The taunting is not as sweet without her response. Great photo by the way.

bideau said:
First of all, Moulin Rouge is one of my favorites. But Nicole Kidman :thumb: has alot to do with it.

I love musicals, especially Les Miserable and Miss Saigon. But my biggest confession is.....one of my favorite TV series is Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Watch it religously, including reruns. MY family has even started buying me the series DVDs as gifts.

Wow, I feel better now that I've gotten that off my chest. Now I can go trolling the net for more girlie pics.

Like Bideau, I also like musicals (I might as well say I like showtunes....). In fact, I really liked Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat starring Donny Osmond. That's right tough guys, Donny Freakin' Osmond. You got a problem with that?;)

If you told me twenty years ago that one day I would pay 60 bucks for the privilege of seeing him on stage and LIKE it I would have put a bullet in my head.

Back