Gun Control Breaking it down

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
How many more people must die from drunk driving before we get serious and take away people's cars!?!?

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
1000 people a day are killed or injured as a result of distracted driving!

How many more people must die before we get serious about getting smart phones off the streets?

It is time for common sense smart phone regulation. Nobody needs a smart phone! A flip phone is all people need.

Time we begin banning smart phones, and confiscating them. Every day we delay costs lives.

PatsFan09

Done. And. Done.
Reaction score
1000 people a day are killed or injured as a result of distracted driving!

How many more people must die before we get serious about getting smart phones off the streets?

It is time for common sense smart phone regulation. Nobody needs a smart phone! A flip phone is all people need.

Time we begin banning smart phones, and confiscating them. Every day we delay costs lives.

More people have died from COVID-related just in the US deaths than do annually from car crashes.
So...
Bad comparison.
Not only that, just like gun violence, most of those distracted driving incidents are done illegally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tehmackdaddy

post tenebras lux
Reaction score
More people have died from COVID-related just in the US deaths than do annually from car crashes.
So...
Bad comparison.

Not really, because in 12-18 months we'll have a vaccine for COVID and the lethality will likely go significantly down.

With automobiles, we accept 40k deaths every year, year after year, which will increase as our population increases.

Why is not okay to halt the economy for 40k deaths/year into perpetuity?

Is one life worth it or not?

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
Not really, because in 12-18 months we'll have a vaccine for COVID and the lethality will likely go significantly down.

With automobiles, we accept 40k deaths every year, year after year, which will increase as our population increases.

Why is not okay to halt the economy for 40k deaths/year into perpetuity?

Is one life worth it or not?

Still just above flu average.

mooseontheloose

See, moose love the Pats too!
Reaction score
https://thegunblog.ca/liberal-gun-bans/

A quick look at Trudeau's hideous move on Canada gun owners.

Meanwhile,

https://www.tricitynews.com/killing-spree-leaves-in-excess-of-10-dead-nova-scotia-rcmp-1.24120683

A massacre (13?) dead in Nova Scotia today by a man who traveled across NS shooting and killing randomly (he's apparently dead).

So let me see how cynical I can be. Trudeau re-iterated the confiscation on April 4. And tonight all the good liberal citizens of Canada will be wringing their hands and cheering Trudeau.
i am a big aficionado of coinkydink.
PS: We have our 2nd Amendment but I'm not sure what canada's Constitution says about guns.

Cheers

It doesn't say anything about guns.

Also, what this guy did was absolutely horrifying based on early reports. He started the spree by tying his ex and her boyfriend to a tree, the beat them to death. The kids ran to a neighbor and the guy shot and killed the neighbor (unclear is kids are alive).

Guy was dressed as a cop (RCMP) and driving a vehicle he'd restored to look exactly like an RCMP vehicle. He proceeded to drive around the province, pulling over drivers and executing them in their cars at point blank range. He also went into a few homes (apparently), killed the people inside and set a bunch on fire.

I think death count is up to 19. Cops are literally were literally finding bodies in various homes along the path.

Truly fucked up and horrible for everyone impacted. No idea if it was preventable. And even if guns were illegal, the guy was obviously a fucking nutcase and I'm sure he would have found a way to murder without them.

The bigger weapon here was exploiting public trust/compliance RE: police officers. And it's already illegal to impersonate an officer.

deec77

Reaction score

Also, what this guy did was absolutely horrifying based on early reports. He started the spree by tying his ex and her boyfriend to a tree, the beat them to death. The kids ran to a neighbor and the guy shot and killed the neighbor (unclear is kids are alive).

Guy was dressed as a cop (RCMP) and driving a vehicle he'd restored to look exactly like an RCMP vehicle. He proceeded to drive around the province, pulling over drivers and executing them in their cars at point blank range. He also went into a few homes (apparently), killed the people inside and set a bunch on fire.

I think death count is up to 19. Cops are literally were literally finding bodies in various homes along the path.

Truly fucked up and horrible for everyone impacted. No idea if it was preventable. And even if guns were illegal, the guy was obviously a fucking nutcase and I'm sure he would have found a way to murder without them.

The bigger weapon here was exploiting public trust/compliance RE: police officers. And it's already illegal to impersonate an officer.

Sorry Moose truly horrible. Yes a truly sick individual.....

~Dee~

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score

The bigger weapon here was exploiting public trust/compliance RE: police officers. And it's already illegal to impersonate an officer

It is sick. And horrible. But unpreventable. Crazy people are an inherent part of society.

Strict gun laws won’t prevent it. Look how much thought went into this insidious spree. He restored a vehicle to look like a RCMP car ffs!

All strict gun laws did was lessen the chances one of these victims was LTC and had the potential to drop him on the spot. Like he were in a TX church.

Instead, a grizzly got in a sheep’s pen.

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score

Easy fix.

Just make it illegal to impersonate an officer. :coffee:

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
So....Canada bans AR-15's, because an alcohol and drug addicted psychotic killed a bunch of people....with guns that he bought illegally.

I guess that's about par for the course.

Next up, we ban alcohol because minors drink it.

We ban automobiles because drunk drivers.

Like I have said before...this has nothing to do with safety or saving lives. It has to do with making the citizens helpless and unable to protect their rights.

HSanders

omitted out of respect to Mrs.Jastremski
Reaction score
The most hilarious thing is when you give those two arguments to the pretzel logic crowd and they make themselves into balloon animals trying to explain somewhat like this: " ummm errr but alcohol is legal, umm err drinking doesn't hurt anyone, ummm errr no one NEEDS guns to live, but cars are NECESSARY", etc. It's hours of fun!